Callum Smith is sounding like a diva

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by NasalSpray, Aug 28, 2019.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree mate and at her best she truly was something else.

Scissors, Jurgen and Twentyman like this.
  2. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    My eyes have never been focused on her forehead tbh.

Scissors, Jurgen and Twentyman like this.
  3. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Smith has no personalty and that is part of the problem. Totally uninteresting character.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  4. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    He has been badly promoted to be fair. If Eddie Hearn promoted him half as well he has Dave Allen he would be a superstar my now. Look at him pushing Bautsi, but not a proven exciting fighter like Smith who has been with him his whole pro career.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  5. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    By the time Smith loses (if he does depending who he fights), it'll be too late for him to come back.

Wasting away prime part of his career here.

Him and Gallagher both seem to be driven mainly by money and the Anfield fight. Plenty of decent fights up at LHW to make a name for himself and I mean decent fighters outside the champions.

Could be fighting one of them and getting a bigger profile before a title fight at that weight.

Instead he's fought a middleweight and likely Ryder next. After that what's the plan with him? No one seems to know, except trying to hold out for a Canelo fight which won't happen.

Suspect.chin and ipitythefool like this.
  6. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Not sure about this , how has he been promoted badly ?

He and his management chose to enter the WBSS , financially it was the right decision but profile wise he would probably have been better off having 3 fights on sky.

7. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Fair point. I do think having Gallagher in the camp mouthing off doesn't help. Gallagher seems to be holding the kid back IMO. Smith is a champion but he is not a star, Gallagher needs to understand that. Smith needs to take a risk somewhere.

8. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    This. I hope Smith isn't going to waste his prime waiting for a mega fight with ginger. It won't happen cos Ginger won't fight a prime champion with such physical advantages (nor should he). Smith could unify SMW or move up to LHW where there are loads of good fights. He has lots of potential after his breakthrough win against Groves. But he seems to lack ambition.

Scissors likes this.
  9. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I think he definitely should, the bloke got used Clen to gain unfair advantages over opponents, watching Smith batter and bully the f**k out of him would be brilliant. If Canelo wants to be the best and go up to that weight he needs to fight the best.

10. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Dont think smith would clean out all of lhw. Gvozdyk and beterbiev are no mugs then likes of bivol ,kovalev. Tbh think smith is overated,

The groves win is good but it was groves last fight he had alot wear and tear and had lost what 4 before that he wasnt exactly prime . The rocky fieldings and ndams aint the level these lhw guys are ,quite incredible at his age and stage his career he has not fought better opposition. (Before any one starts, he could have jumped up to lhw many a times and fought several top contenders)

crixus85 and BoxingABC1 like this.
  11. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Looks like Smith v Ryder will be a PPV.....lol

12. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Groves had 3 losses prior to that, a dodgy stoppage against Froch, another against Froch and an SD against a prime Badou Jack, he was definitely done come the Smith fight though, I agree. Those 3 defeats prior are nothing to be ashamed of though, Groves was decent and went after big fights.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  13. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    It won't be cause it's 2 weeks before the AJ Vs Ruiz PPV

14. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    It's not, it's 2020

EDIT: misread the article i got it from. It's Khan/Brook they want in 2020, with both fighting on the Smith card. However, Hearn is reportedly pushing for it to be PPV

15. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Cor, you know British boxing is a bit dead at the minute when this thread has been on page 1 for god knows how long.

Suspect.chin likes this.