Callum Smith the unified Super middleweight champ in 2017?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 12, 2017.

1. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I think they should of went for Groves right after the badou loss he was vulnerable or even went for Abrahams title. They are just feeding him bums who are making him not look impressive.

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    There's so much talent at SM at the moment.

Would love to see Smith against one of the more experienced lads like Abraham or Sturm if Jack/DeGale goes to a rematch.

3. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    I have to disagree once again bro I think the division is so weak, one of the weakest after the light welter division which is the worst.

I mean Groves has 3 world title failures and he's still a top 5 guy.

4. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Callum Smith gives either Degale or Jack a beating!!!

Degales must be the most overrated fighter in the world , the guy struggles in every other fight... could easily have about 4 losses.

5. Champagne Popping

Dec 15, 2016
    :deal::deal::deal::deal::deal::starwars-smiley:

Twentyman likes this.
  6. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    I agree he has a habit of making fights closer than he should but he has way more in the tool box than the Smith who has no footwork, no head movement or real defence except covering up.

7. Champagne Popping

Dec 15, 2016
    it's probably the weakest division in boxing!

If Callum Smith is as good as I think he is , he should go through the division like a hot knife going through butter

8. Champagne Popping

Dec 15, 2016
    come on man It's 2017 and you are saying 'European style' lol when the best fighters in the world are boxers like lomachenko, usyk, kovalev ...

smith destroys degale! I can't see how Degale actually wins..

9. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Ok, I'm being a bit giddy...it's not the strongest but there's a lot of fights I'd be excited to see at SM

10. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    In weak divisions like SMW, LWW & MW the silver lining is we could see someone become undisputed. My money's on Degale if that happens.

But your right domestically some good fights, between Degale, Smith and Groves.

11. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    It's an established recognisable style. Just cos there are some Europeans that have their own style doesn't mean it cease to exist.

You can be outside of Europe and use this style , it's just a name.

12. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Why do you think this? In what department is smith better than Degale of Jack? Power i would say but thats it imo.

13. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Smith is slow footed and moves in straight lines. His basic movment will struggle with degale.

He's not fast enough to pressure and cut of degale effectively. And when they do exchange I think degale can stand up to smiths power

14. AdrianSterling

AdrianSterling Lewisham Boy banned Full Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Both Jack or Degale waste Smith.

15. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    He's like a cruiserweight trapped in the body of a super middleweight at the moment. He's just a kid at 26 but he carries so much power at SM. He's got a lot to learn yet and he seems to have the humility and level headed attitude to acknowledge that himself.

He's untidy in the ring but he will get better, however, he has an advantage where he doesn't need to wear an opponent down...he can finish a fight in a few seconds with a dig to the head or body and sometime during that fight a DeGale/Jack will have to exchange. I really rate DeGale, he's class, but he does switch off.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017