Callum Smith v James Degale

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Guy Nicho, Dec 12, 2016.

1. broxi51

broxi51 Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I'm not sold on degale, I thought he was looking good for 2-3 fights but his last 2 fights I've not been impressed.

Callum really hasn't done much since the fielding fight, really just ticking over, he had so much momentum too, even a fight with a krasniqi would serve him better.

The division is so open and even, no utter standout, i wonder why ggg doesn't move up.

2. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I think Degale will peak over the next year or two but he's got plenty left in the tank and a fight style to make it last. I feel Jack is at his ceiling and Degale could well take his soul in there. I hope it's more competitive than I suspect.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  3. sharpy

sharpy Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2009
    I wasn't that impressed with smith at weekend he looked the definition of a 'gallagher' fighter. I know it was completely one sided so to criticise is harsh but it was just so dull. If one thing isn't working you need to switch it up and he just ran out of ideas. I think if degale turns up he schools him it's too early for smith but he has a chance due to degales stamina and laziness

4. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Can't see the hype over Smith.

Degale would TKO him.

5. MarvellousMerv

MarvellousMerv Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Groves is fighting for a the WBA strap next, a year after his last world title challenge. Plus Eddie wouldn't let Smith anywhere near a world class SMW with legit power, his defence is leaky as ****.

Those are the reasons that fight isn't happening.

6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    DeGale and I see a very comfortable win.

Oh, and I think DeGale beats Jack senseless next month.

7. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    I have degale as winner

8. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Agreed. Jack is a poor belt holder.

N17 likes this.
  9. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Degale, quite comfortably as well

10. Guy Nicho

Guy Nicho Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't agree on that if im honest, Groves wouldn't take the fight when Smith was a level below, so quite rightly now he has mandatory position he won't give Groves a chance

Now after proving 3 times he ISN'T world class Groves is going to get yet another chance, once which he will probably win finally

11. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Degale will take callum to school.

DirtyOldTown likes this.
  12. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Jack is a good beltholder to fight Dirrel, Bute and Degale is no joke. He is a very solid but limited beltholder so if chunky comes focused he should win a comfortable decision but if he doesn't then he'll fall short.

13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Bit unfair on Groves that. No shame in losing to a world class champion in Froch and Jack.

He's acted a right bell in the past but there's a maturity to Groves now and them defeats have improved him in the longrun rather than knocked him back.

The lad will prove he is world class.

14. Guy Nicho

Guy Nicho Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't think it unfair tbh, he is on his 4th shot and for me hasn't earned any of them, I'd agree no shame in it should you take it on the chin. Beating Chudinov won't for me prove he is world class rather that they've finally got him one he can win. I may be wrong but I haven't seen these improvements.

15. sharpy

sharpy Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2009
    By maturity do u mean he's receding heavily