Callum v Billy joe what's the hold up?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Skyver, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    As others have said, its just not a fight that gets anyones interest

Id enjoy watching it im sure but im not sure enough casuals will care to make it a profitable night for all

2. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    You carnt be much of a boxing fan.
    Both are prime, both are world champs and both are british any british fan should be demanding this fight with the sort of crap we have been getting served up on PPV for years now this fight would be a welcome change to the dross

3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Yeah it would be an improvement on their usual opponents but i just don't really get excited about watching Saunders or Smith. I just can't get excited for this fight. I wouldnt base my night around it put it that way.

EJC83 likes this.
  4. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Me neither, I'd stream it for free and probably have it on in the background of I had nothing else to do

5. nurological

May 25, 2012
    There this weird notion of boxing fans that if you're not into every fight then you're not a real fan. I love football but will I go out of my way to watch Burnley v Brighton? No chance.

6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Yeah I know what you mean, I've never watched a BJS fight and thought "this is brilliant" and Smith has honestly sent me to sleep in the past

7. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    If Callum was unsure on the fight. After getting his arse handed to him by Ryder. He certainly won’t be fancying the BJS fight now. Coming through the ranks I was hugely sold on smith, until I see him get his face jabbed off by Nicky holzken. Since then I picked Ryder to beat him and bjs has his head being snapped back and punching air all night. He goes back in straight lines which is fine if tour feet are quick enough ( AJ v Parker for example) his aren’t

8. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I'd be interested if it were made but don't think It generates the money either guy would want for a matchup that probably ends one of their days as a money fighter. Sadly both men's stock has fallen considerably.

Canelo Is one factor, his capacity to generate big revenue has meant all the fighters in his division are permanently on hold hoping to land a fight with him.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  9. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    both waiting for either one to catch a beating taking thier prime away
    depends
    could billys ego take being beaten off a liverpool fighting family

10. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't care how charismatic or popular either of them are. It's a massive fight for the UK and I'd love to see it.

kojak likes this.
  11. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Uk fans prefer the best at a weight don t fight each other and bang on about who as the most money
    Twitter followers etc
    Anything but giving true boxing fans the answer of who would actually win
    I'm fans just prefer to make claims and put said claims down as facts
    Sad really

12. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Best at the weight? You have a point, BJS reign of terror at super middle is verging on historic.

I dont see what's wrong in saying, this fight doesn't really do much for me. We are all adults here and not petty kids all about who is the most popular.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    EJC83 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  13. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Gone look back at Joe and Carl excuses
    wicky witter excuses
    brook Khan excuses
    It's British fan mentality to own bragging rights with our actually earning them

14. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Yeah for idiots and weirdos. Stop paying attention to them.

15. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I understand sort of get what you mean but the football comparison isn't exactly comparable, there's no way they are Burnley v Brighton in terms of quality their both top level guys. If a footy teams good people will wanna watch them, in boxing it's about personality, twitter followers and all that site.