Calzaghe keen on Kessler

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kess, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Faetter_BR

Faetter_BR Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Well if you can't see the difference in style between the Kessler that beat Andrade and the Kessler that beat say Beyer or Lucas, then there is no point arguing. Put just to point to the most obvious difference:

Versus Beyer/Lucas/Siaca Kessler was in control - he was the one making the fight - moving forward always had the right distance and in over all control. Pressure - half a step strait back and counter - much to that recepy.

Versus Andrade Kessler was physicly push back for most of the fight - and Kessler boxed classic counterboxing - circling the attacking Andrade and countering. and if you want a little inside fighting - toe-to-toe go see round 12.

Calzaghe last 12 fights:

Manfredo - stopped, but Manfredo was never hurt, so it was stopped not due to Calzaghe's power, but due to Manfredo's inactivity and a referee that stopped it early.
    Bika - all chin - says who??? - Kessler had him down in sparring wearing big glows and headgear - Bika has a good chin, but he is stopable
    Lacy - should've been stopped - no it shouldn't - if that had been the way to "judge" a fight then Ali would have lost to Big Georg...
    Ashira - broken hand, still pitched a shutout - Ashira has a very shaky chin - should have been possible.
    Veit - stopped - has a very bad chin!
    Salem - W12 - by all accounts has a good chin although he was down versus Echols and Calzaghe and stopped by Bute.

I think Calzaghe has the power of his younger days, but I don't think his hands can deliever anymore - he broke his hands on both Ashira and Manfredo.

I think Calzaghe has a very good chance of beating Kessler, but I don't see it being on (T)KO.

2. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    :good

3. Faetter_BR

Aug 4, 2004
    sinking to his level - but damn that's funny :yep :yep :yep

4. Faetter_BR

Aug 4, 2004
    well can't say that I'm sober either :) - I'm of course going to be stealing that remark and passing it of as my own :smoke

5. boxfan99

boxfan99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 25, 2006
    You know these stats are wrong! Only Blocky knows the real stats.:lol:

6. youthmann

youthmann A NEW KING IS BORN Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Hi, lets assume the fight will go on.

Lets make some bets Blocky...

Be ready be se JC loose - face the facts...

Make me a bet........

7. youthmann

youthmann A NEW KING IS BORN Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Hi Mate - Kessler won't loose that fight,
    don't worry.

8. Faetter_BR

Aug 4, 2004
    yeah you find these fake ones all over the Internet:

Total:
    Kessler:
    Forsøg: 856
    Træffere: 348
    I alt 41%

Andrade:
    Forsøg: 923
    Træffere: 95
    I alt 10%

Jabs:
    Kessler:
    Forsøg: 532
    Træffere: 188
    I alt 35%

Andrade:
    Forsøg: 390
    Træffere: 40
    I alt 10%

Powerpunches:
    Kessler:
    Forsøg: 324
    Træffere: 160
    I alt 49%

Andrade:
    Forsøg: 533
    Træffere: 55
    I alt 10%

856 punches thrown - that's a pretty high workrate for a guy with stamina-problems...

9. langshof

langshof Member Full Member

Dec 16, 2006
    - and body shots!

10. boxfan99

Dec 25, 2006
    They are all wrong and Blocky is always right (In Blockyland anyway:nut ). You ought to know by now that Blocky only accepts facts if they support his case.

11. Grant1

Grant1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 13, 2007
    How did you score the fight then ? And how the hell would the great man have lost to Foreman when he knocked him out ??

12. boxfan99

Dec 25, 2006
    :roll:

13. Axe

Axe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 23, 2005
    You're a pretty bright guy then...although Europe is full of those, nowadays.

14. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    At first I wanted to write that as well - but I have long ago come to the conclusion based on analysis from watching the fight multiple times - that body shots versus a forward launching unorthodox guy with very long reach would put Kessler at unnecessary risk - he even did it a few times - and got hit almost everytime in the process - while when not doing it - he almost never got hit. Still the head was wide open for bashing. The "sucker" just didn't wanna go down:lol:.

So my conclusion is - he did the right thing in that match - and hoped that Andrades chin wouldn't hold forever.

15. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Sorry I forgot:lol:. Mih dumm - mih ne'er lurn.