Calzaghe/Kessler .....It matters not......

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by oztriker, Sep 29, 2007.

1. oztriker

oztriker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 28, 2005
    The winner will only hold the Title for the briefest of moments until Australia's greatest ever WANKER (Anthony Mundine) takes it from the winner.

This article was in an Aussie Newspaper yesterday......and fair dinkum...... this guy is an embarrassment to Australia and to the sport of Boxing.

One-eyed Mundine to fight on

Article from:
    This content is protected
    </IMG>

By John Coomber
    September 27, 2007 12:00am

DUAL world champion Anthony Mundine says he is legally blind in his left eye but believes it won't stop him winning the undisputed world super middleweight crown next year.
    "I don't need two eyes to beat them. I'll fight with one eye,'' Mundine said today.
    The 32-year-old WBA champion is making slow progress from a serious eye infection picked up two months ago when he used his tongue to clean a protective contact lens he was wearing following surgery to remove a growth in the eye. :patsch
    He spent 10 days in hospital and is being treated with daily steroid drops and antibiotics. "My vision is not great - maybe 40-50 per cent - which is pretty much legally blind at the moment,'' Mundine said.
    "It's not sore, but there's still a bit of cloudiness in the eye.''
    Mundine, whose last fight was a successful title defence against Argentine Pablo Zamora Nievas on the Gold Coast in June, said he was not certain how much vision he would recover. His doctor John Males believes he is unlikely to regain his full eyesight.
    But Mundine is determined to carry on with his career. His priority is to fight Denmark's Mikkel Kessler for the so-called Super belt next year.
    The undefeated Kessler, who outpointed Mundine in a WBA title defence in Sydney in June 2005, is scheduled to fight unbeaten WBO champion Joe Calzhage in Cardiff on November 3. Mundine thinks Kessler will be too strong for the Welshman.
    "I'm the only guy that's got the tools to beat Kessler, and he knows it, and hopefully I can get the fight in next year, with God's will. I want to be the king of kings. I want all the marbles. I want to be the greatest fighter that's ever come out of this country.
    "All I need is for my eye to be about 60 per cent. If I can see a silhouette under them lights in my left eye, I feel that I can still become what I have always desired. I want to go through the adversity of having an impediment and beating the best in the world with one eye. You tell me who's done that.''
    Mundine, who was attending a ceremony in Sydney for the indigenous achievement awards known as The Deadlys, remains in light training and is currently fasting for the Muslim holy month of Ramadhan.
    He says he has now come to terms with the setback, believing it to be God's will. "At one stage I looked at life without boxing, and of course it hurt me internally, but as the days go on I'm getting more and more confident.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I start to consider Australian Citizenship, this dick comes up with something to change my mind.:roll:
    Right now I am thinking my British Citizenship is looking pretty good.:yep

Just as I write this a couple of Kookaburras are going right off, greeting the new day. :p
    Australia is still a beautiful place to live...... we just have more than our fair share of Dickhead Wankers.

:good

2. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Just as I write this a couple of Kookaburras are going right off, greeting the new day. :p
    Australia is still a beautiful place to live...... we just have more than our fair share of Dickhead Wankers.

:good[/quote]

They sitting in that old gum tree? ;)

Used to live in New Guinea when I were a lad, wouldn't mind moving back to Australasia, beautiful part of the world so you shouldn't let a mouthy pederast like Bumdine put you off!

3. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    So, are we to gloss over the fact that he already got beat by Kessler? The fact that he want's to carry on fighting when "blind" in one eye indicates that he's a bit thick to me.

4. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Mundine represents us all Oz. And don't you ****ing forget it. :deal

Kessler will beat Calzaghe so comfortably that many will be predicting a Mundine victory over Calzaghe should they ever fight.

I'll be the firdt to say this before the fight. :p

5. safe_pa

safe_pa Howlin' Mad Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Hey Oz don't let Mundine ruin Austrailia for you. His whooping will come......
    If Kessler or Clazaghe become taxi drivers.

6. THN

THN Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 8, 2007
    The problem is not an eye infection, but brain infection!:nut :dead

7. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Calzaghe wants to vacate the belts anyway after Kessler so It could be Mundine's get well present for his eye.

Maybe the plates should be engraved with get well soon too.

8. oztriker

Jan 28, 2005

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

9. oztriker

Jan 28, 2005
    :-( :-( :-( Never...... Not under any circumstances would I support that embarrassment to the human race when he fights.

He does not...... and will not ever represent me.:deal

And he is not supported by anything even approaching the majority of Australians.:-(

It takes a special sort of scumbag to have your own country turn against you. :bbb :bbb

10. The taff

The taff Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2005
    Mudine could NOT beat calzaghe even if he had 3 eyes

11. oztriker

Jan 28, 2005

12. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Didn't I see Mundine fight once with an "Apocolypse trilkes" advertisement tattoo across his back? :p

13. oztriker

Jan 28, 2005
    :nono

NOT FUNNY!!!!:fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire

14. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    But all us men have 3 eyes. Our two eyes in our head, & our japs eye

15. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005