Calzaghe v Kessler Weigh in

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by morsey, Nov 2, 2007.

1. morsey

morsey Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Just been to the weigh in for the fight, Calzaghe weighed in at 166.7 and Kessler at 168, after weighing in at two ounches over the limit first time. Both looked in good shape, Kessler looked more musclar upper body wise.

Enzo cal nearly kicked off with someone from the kessler crew who kept on shouting about him being a two time champion.

When they got together for the stare down, the were both absolutely desperate to get it on, its going to be a big one tomorrow!

Tried to load up some photots i took from my phone but cant get it too work.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    166.7 sounds like a bit of a miscalculation by Joe's camp seeing how hard he must have worked to get there.

3. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    I can't believe Setanta didn't have the weigh in live on one of their channels

4. morsey

Mar 24, 2006
    Yes i was quite surpsied when they called it out, thought he mentioned not so long ago that it was as hard as ever to make the weight! He still looked good though.

5. morsey

Mar 24, 2006
    I know i was thinking they might they had all thier advertising hoardings every where and Michael Buffer was doing the announcing witht the setanta microphone, sure they will show it later at some point.

6. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks for that! Please tell us more, particularly about the stare down and their body language.:good

7. morsey

Mar 24, 2006
    Well you could just tell from the body language they were dying to smash each other up. no backing down at all from either, in fact there was a guy from the kessler camp who stood close to them both (they were head to head and pushing each other with their heads) and when they started pushing their foreheads into each other harder and harder he got in between them to stop them kicking off, as they moved away then they were mouthing off to each other and there was some gesturing, particularly by this fat **** from Kessler camp who was gesturing that kessler was going to kill calzaghe, he was running his hand across his throat as if he was slitting his throat. That us when Enzo steeped in and started kicking off with this bloke, and they had to be seperated, all good fun!

Atmosphere during all this was really good!

8. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Kessler's team and the anti-Calzaghe powers that be may have implemented 'bad' scales at the weigh-in. He was overweight so he perhaps weighs 167.3 pounds, which would explain why Joe "I struggle to make weight" Calzaghe was so light.

9. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Sounds great! So they were really biting at the bit, rearing to go? It wasn't all fun and games as their forhead to forhead smiling yesterday? There was anger today?

10. morsey

Mar 24, 2006
    Yes biting at the bit, big time. Adrenalin pumping through their veins, both bouncing around after the head to head, you could tell the adrenalin was pumping by the body language.

Still some smiling at the head to head but got nastier, then they were seperated, shame might have had some shoving if not seperated!

11. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    :good This will be a great fight!:happy

12. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    The Calzaghe - Kessler weigh in was more relevant than the actual Mayweather - Oscar fight.

13. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    I am very much looking forward to this!:happy :happy :happy

14. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    I am so buzzing about this fight more than De La Hoya vs Mayeather, i can barely sit still, i am gonna **** at football tomorow.

I hope after JC wins the Yanks dont say Kessler is crap like they have done with Lacy cos both of them would knock the f*uck out of Pavlik and Taylor.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I cant wait!

15. ChuckYoungblood

ChuckYoungblood Active Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    :good