Calzaghe vs Dawson and Kessler on showtime!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vincent Gottschalk, Jul 6, 2007.

1. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Febuary 2006 was the last time the board was wiped. The posts edits are probably aligning with edits from after that boot.

2. Axe

Axe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Dawson would beat Kessler because he is the better fighter. He's slicker, faster, and a little bigger. As to Mundine, he lost to Manny Siaca. 'Nuff said.

3. Axe

Jan 23, 2005
    I agree, Suckalips has already declined the fight from what I'm hearing. I doubt Calzaghe takes a Dawson fight either. Joe's not known for taking the path of most resistance (to put it mildly).

4. RightCross

RightCross Grandmaster of Boxing Full Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Good post I agree. JC will however not take this fight. JC cannot stop Dawson and dawson is just as fast and has far better pop in his shots. Dawson also has better foot movement.

Dawson will easily outbox Kessler.

This fight should not come off but since Warren cant make a proper Euro fight with Kessler and team Palle can't get anything accomplished there is little alternative than to match these guys against americans who know how to make fights and properly pay fighters.

5. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Lets hope that this offer will force HBO to lay down the buck for Kessler-JC.

I dont mind seeing Kessler or JC meet Chad Dawson at either 168 or 175.

6. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    I like Dawson, I think he will achieve a lot in the sport. I don't want to see him being rushed into a fight with Kessler, or even JC atm.
    Give him a year or two to get some much needed experienced fights at world class level, and then put him and Kessler in the ring to give the fight the accolades it deserves (providing they both keep winning).

7. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    You damn well know Kessler and Dawson both lose the supernatural one.:lol:

8. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    :lol:
    Sorry mate, I have to disagree with you on that one.
    Hopefully only time will tell as it would be a tragedy if Kessler/Calzaghe didn't happen.
    Though give him a year or two, and I reckon Dawson should have the maturity to beat Kessler. Thats probably all he lacks at the moment, he certainly has the skill.

9. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    But he's supernatural, Dawson's just "fast". Kessler is just "skilled", nobody is ****ing supernatural except for Joe.:bart

10. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    I am pretty sure I can dig up a post made by you, that states that Dawson would probably beat both:lol::lol:.

Will Kessler be the supernatural one if he beats Calzaghe? Or is it just that JC wouldn't be in his prime?

I agree with Pecks - give Dawson a year or two - and we shall see. At that point, maybe Kessler would be a LHW.

11. Axe

Jan 23, 2005
    Imo Dawson doesn't need a year or two. He's a world champ and has notched his first defence, and looked excellent all the way through. That's like saying give Roy Jones another year or two, at age 25, when he fought Toney. What's the point? He schooled the man, and he had the same number of fights as Chad now, same age, etc.

25 year old Dawson is more than ready, he is at the top of his game.

12. Axe

Jan 23, 2005
    Errr....what? :huh

13. Axe

Jan 23, 2005
    I don't believe Supernatural beings have "primes".

Therefore these Calzaghe fans would be out of excuses if Kessler should win. :yep

14. Clearly Cool

Clearly Cool Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Kessler hasnt struggled with any of the opposition he as faught. He dropped a couple of rounds to a defensive mundine but still dominated.

To say he gets easily outboxed is foolish at this point.

15. IrnBruMan

IrnBruMan Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 8, 2006
    Calzaghe's been talking about moving up to LHW for at least the last 3 years - his 2 cancelled fights vs Glen Johnson were to be at LHW, and he has stated it's not as easy these days for him to make 168, and that he would like to be a 2 division champ.

All of those other opponents you named would be at LHW apart from Taylor - which was intended to be at 168, because Taylor said he would be happy to come up, but then he looked crap vs Ouma and Spinks, and Calzaghe realised a fight against him wouldn't be as lucrative - and Wright, depending on who wins out of Wright vs B-Hop.

If Wright beats B-Hop at LHW, surely he's capable of fighting at LHW again vs Calzaghe?