Calzaghe vs Hopkins official Prediction and Analysis Thread *** Brit Forum

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Apr 14, 2008.

1. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Hi mate,

The basis for me picking Hopkins is not just the Reid fight at all. Its also the Sakio Bika fight, Hopkins performance against Tarver and the overrating of Joe's wins against Kessler and Lacy.

The point I was trying to make was as soon as Reid began to lead with the right it became an even fight. Couple this with the difficulties Joe had with the roughness and poise of Bika plus the quality of Hopkins boxing and I have no difficulty in forming a basis for Hopkins to dominate the fight.

Despite what you and Rob have said in the last two posts there has been no great improvement in Joes capabilities a boxer over the years. You watch his fight with Branco Sobot and then watch perhaps the Kessler win and your watching pretty much the same fighter. He's filled out a lot more and of course has much more experiance now but in terms of physical improvement- I can't see it. He was very good then and he's very good now but theres been no Arturo Gatti type metamorphosis.

Lets be clear we are not going to see a Lacy type performance from Calzaghe that was clearly a freak performance so what else do we have to work with? The Kessler victory in which he boxed well but got nailed on quite a few occasions against a far less refined performer then Hopkins. Other then that we have a career full of world class but non-elite fighters.

I've given it lots of thought as you can see, so bring on sunday when I will either look a ledge or a right ****. :good

2. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    i honeslty think Kessler beat Taylor, Pavlik and many others.

3. Benjiabc

Benjiabc The Nottingham Hitman Full Member

Oct 2, 2006

lol did you not read what i said. i told you i am feeling more and more towards bernard, so dont talk ****. every time i comment just recently you take the **** like you own the forum, its my opinion so STFU

4. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Good points there Flux... See how I go on this weekend and i'll have to take that into account when making future predictions.

5. Mohak

Mohak RIP Smokin' Joe Full Member

Nov 6, 2005
  6. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Yeah and its my opinion that your speaking shite.

You call Khan the best Lightweight in Europe.

Then you pick Khan to beat the best Lightweight in the world.

:huh WTF

1st time you predict a Calzaghe KO.

2nd time.....

My favourite. By default your saying Mancini would have beaten Kostya Tszyu- hilarious, have you ever seen Mancini fight?

This in reference to my opinion of Calzaghe-Hopkins. lol. In answer- judging by the above posts - yes you are.

7. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Well if he's going to get all forum gangster on me you've got to do what you've got to do. :smoke

8. The taff

The taff Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2005
    Sorry, i obviously read your previous post the wrong way :good

I agree, Hopkins won't be dominated like Lacy was, Hopkins has far superior skills, and that was Calzaghe's best performance for years, and i can't see him ever repeating that.

Its going to be a very close fight, i just hope JC don't get to cocky against Nard, because he can't afford too. If he boxes, and don't lose his head, then i think he will pull it off on points.

9. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Its definately a concievable outcome but I think Zag makes many. many defensive errors and these are going to be punished to the max by Hopkins. Theres many fights I could have used in the examples.... The Woodhall fights another one and Richie can't even throw a straight right hand. I don't pick winners just to be a bit different- its just my honest opinion but i'm been forced to drive my point home coz people don't agree with me and question my motives. :good

10. Benjiabc

Oct 2, 2006

so am i the only person who is doubting joe the closer the fight gets due to his laid back attitude etc? i dont think so, i have my own opinions on amir khan and how good i think he is so whats the problem there. yes i have seen mancini fight and i think he would have beaten the kosta tsyzu that hatton beat but not a prime tszyu. did not realise that you cannot voice opinions on this forum

11. Benjiabc

Oct 2, 2006
    i thought joe by TKO at first because i believe he is good enough, but the closer the fight gets he seems to be taking hopkins for granted and i now believe that joe may find the night harder then he expected so that why i now believe he will still win, but by UD rather then KO is that fair comment?

12. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    :lol: Far from it... think i'm far to nice most of the time.

13. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Course you can, thats the whole point of a forum but my point is that you call me a newb based on a prediction that I have backed up with a half decent argument, but you make rash contradictory comments that you later completely change your mind about. It was a bit harsh posting your recent posts but I was trying to demonstrate why I had questioned your opinions on a couple of things. I'm sure your a nice guy in real life so I apoligise if I've come across as a bit of a **** but i'm going to argue my point if I think i'm right.:good

14. somerset

somerset Active Member Full Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I can see it being a very frustrating night for Joe. Can't see him being stopped though.

Hopkins MD.

(If it was in Britain - Joe UD)

15. Benjiabc

Oct 2, 2006

fair does mate :good