Calzaghe vs Kessler

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TAM83, Jul 19, 2007.

1. TAM83

TAM83 Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Anyone else worried about Calzaghe's dodgy hands?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm seriously thinking about getting some tickets, especially with them selling so quickly. But I'm worried in case China hand Joe ****s his hand up in training and it's postponed. I stay in Glasgow so it's hotel rooms,flights/trains involved as well.

Desperate to go coz it's one we've all been waiting for, but keep getting visions of it being cancelled and going down to watch Williams vs Skelton 3 or something replacing it:yikes .

Should I risk it?

2. morsey

morsey Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2006
    It'll be worth it if it comes off which it more than likel will. Plus if the fight is called off, you have an option to get your fight ticket money back, and u prob could cancel your hotel room/ flights and the rest and hopefully not lose to much.

3. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Yes.

It'll be an incredible night anyway. Calzaghe/Kessler will be the icing on the cake. Not many people can claim to have attended a night of boxing with 70,000 people.

4. Mook

Mook Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2005
    also, what's JC got left? Three fights absolute tops. see him while you can.

5. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Go for it I say. You can't base decisions on intangibles anyway. If Joe postpones the fight due to dodgy hands there's nothing anyone can do anyway.

6. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    his hands are always a worry.

i wouldn't purchase tickets on this one until the last minute.

i doubt warren would pull the card even if jc pulled out knowing warren. :roll:

7. TAM83

Nov 6, 2006
    If Calzaghe pulls out the card will still definitely go ahead, you know there's no chance in hell he's going to give 70,000 refunds.

But I reckon it's worth the risk, worst comes to the worst it's still a **** up in Cardiff.

8. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    What's wrong with shelling out a small fortune to watch Williams v Skelton 3? :D

9. David UK

Feb 6, 2007
    I thought that if the main event was cancelled the promoter always offered a refund to those who no longer want to attend the show:huh

10. TAM83

Nov 6, 2006
    Well the last time I had a ticket was for the Harrison/Guzman fight and he tried to replace it with Danny Williams until that fell through, then cancelled the card. But I wasn't getting a refund until he cancelled the card.

11. David UK

Feb 6, 2007
    Thanks for that.

In that case I won't be buying a ticket. If there's still any left once all sparring has finished I might change my mind. I'm not about to let that **** Warren rip me off.

12. stuey

stuey Never bet on England Full Member

Aug 13, 2004
    **** it. dodgy hands or not, i got my ticket.

13. henrik

henrik fasthands Full Member

Oct 1, 2006
    i can tell you,that im from denmark and i would absolutely go if i could!!!!
    70.000 fightfans just waiting for "the fight"...THATS worth it....

14. henrik

henrik fasthands Full Member

Oct 1, 2006
    and lets hope that they both will be well prepared with no injuries.I think its SO great that we europeans also can make some topclass fights!!!

15. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Id go if i had some mates that were interested in boxing too, a few will probably come for the ****-up anyways so i might get a ticket yet.