Campbell Hatton - Blue Moon Rising

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by split_decision, Apr 9, 2021.

1. split_decision

split_decision Electronic information tampers with your soul Full Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Pretty good documentary considering it was made before he had a pro fight
    This content is protected

2. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Did you see him actually fight?

I predict right here, right now, the first fighter he gets in with who has a decent left hook... ends this ridiculous hype train.

Won't be long either.

3. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    He wasn’t a bad amateur. He won a few North-West Titles and the National Novices.

I’d back him to make it to English level and maybe pick up a British Title depending on the division when he’s ready.

Definitely not a world beater but he isn’t that bad, did it the right way learning as an amateur unlike some other fighters.

Also seems likeable. Once his girlfriend got pregnant he insisted on getting a job rather than relying on his father. I hope he does well. Hard not to root for the kid.

4. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    He's ass

N17 likes this.
  5. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I wasn't impressed with him on his debut but the media attention and the spotlight heaps a whole lot of pressure on a young novice like Hatton and I can't help but feel that may have taken its toll.

Still, having seen a few of his amateur fights I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon, however he is a likeable kid and I wish him no ill will, hopefully he proves me wrong but I feel he doesn't make it to a British title.

6. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    He's pretty, pretty bad and flawed. He has almost zero skills and lacks fundamentals left and right. If he wins a British title the domestic scene is pretty much ****ed up. I know he's young and he might improve, it was his debut and he probably looked worse than he is but based on that performance he's going nowhere. Another Tommy Fury. No skills, just a name. He'll continue fighting bums until he's 25-0-0, then gets one better name and loses. Easy prediction. You can see if a prospect has skills and talent. And CH hasn't. I was actually shocked HOW BAD he looked.

N17 likes this.
  7. split_decision

split_decision Electronic information tampers with your soul Full Member

Apr 14, 2010
    it wasn't a good performance but if you remember Tyson Fury back when he was fighting McDermott and Pajkic and punching himself in the face he didn't look like someone who would one day beat Klitschko so it's hard to judge after one pro fight

Dannymita likes this.
  8. N17

Feb 16, 2013

I was exactly the same, I was shocked just how basic he looked, we also have to remember they stuck him in with a man who was 0-10.

The opponent looked like he had never boxed before, this was all set up for Hatton to get an "impressive" win and start the "journey".

But Hatton lacked so much, it wasn't just one or two things he looked very short on, it was a list.

I'll be shocked if he isn't battered by some journeyman in the near future, where do you go after fighting a man 0-10 and looking that poor?

9. N17

Feb 16, 2013

Yeah true, it was his debut and we've seen some average looking fighters just burst in to bloom and so it's possible he could be similar.

But, Hatton doesn't look very well schooled, he doesn't punch hard enough for his style, he has gaping holes in his defence.. the list is long.

split_decision and DoubleJab666 like this.
  10. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    He boxed like a tribute act to his father, minus the footwork to create the angles for body punches or the power. He does seem to have very quickly learned how to get hit in the face a lot though, so he picked up something...

N17 likes this.
  11. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    I would stop him in under 3.

N17 likes this.
  12. N17

Feb 16, 2013

I'd personally be putting money on you to stop him inside a round.

Why 3? Are you going to showboat for a couple of rounds?

13. N17

Feb 16, 2013

:lol:

It's called "The Dave Allen Defence" I believe.

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  14. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    C.Hatton
    Eubank Jr
    Conor Ben
    Pacquiao Jr
    Tim Tszyu

are all future ATG's!

15. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I saw him in the amateurs a few years ago and thought he looked terrible! I’m guessing he’s not improved much