Campbell is going to push loma close.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by high tower, Aug 31, 2019.

1. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Cannot see how you can give Campbell anything from 2-6

2. Paul geczi

Paul geczi Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2017
    100 percent right . I’ll never forget when app frank bruno rocked Tyson in the first fight . It was as if he had won the fight. They did it last night with this supposed shot that hurt loma

3. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Uk. Sky commentators.

Does he? I like Ward but he had Yarde drawing after 4 rounds in Russia. The man must Not let stuff go as we’ve seen with his Froch stuff. My kinda guy haha.

305th likes this.
  4. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I was really surprised last night, I was in the pub with a group of people, we watched a few of the fights on the big screen.

Quite a few people in the pub were really high on Campbell's performance, saying it was close after about 6-7 rounds..

I thought Loma won really comfortably, I gave Campbell the first round and after that nothing, there were a couple of close'ish rounds but Loma put the pedal down anytime Campbell had a "moment".

And that's all Campbell had, a few little moments and went the distance, the grabbing on Lomas leg and flipping him over saved another knockdown.

Campbell did OK, it wasn't great, it wasn't impressive, some people need to calm down, the scorecards (in the UK) were very accurate in my opinion and

Clarence Gianni and Inglis_1 like this.
  5. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    He's a narcissist like Froch, feels threatened by the success of others despite having a great career himself.

305th likes this.
  6. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think what happened was Campbell won a couple of rounds clear but lost a lot of fairly close rounds ...

Boxing is weird,i love it....You can be in a close /tight fight and lose every round !!

Twentyman likes this.
  7. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    100%

People can't judge a round objectively, Campbell won rounds on some people's cards purely because he was doing better than expected.

It happens all the time.

8. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Personally I was just delighted that Campbell didn't go full on Tony Bellend & kiss Loma three times whilst declaring him the best he's ever faced at least 10 times

9. BAWA1980

BAWA1980 Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2017
    I scored 1 round (the first) to Campbell, in the same way most fighters win round 1 v Loma, whilst he is sizing them up.
    Amazed at how many people are scoring a round to LC for one punch, which didn't hurt Loma. Loma then decided to batter him the rest of the round, and nearly took him out.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  10. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    I watched the espn coverage and shawn porter and Andre ward had it very close into the latter rounds, I actually think that ward had loma up by only 2 rounds or so. Porter saying that if Campbells conditioning is good enough he can win it.

It was a competitive fight, loma just learned that he has to avoid the technical boxers at the higher weights, the size and reach difference was huge on sat night.

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Tim Bradley no?
    I didnt see Porter... Or was that drink to strong for me lol

12. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    hahaha yeah bradley !!! doh .... stupid cos he always does the commentary for them. But yeah Bradley was very complimentary of Campbell as was Ward, they both had it very competitive in the end they had loma winning it but at around 8/9 roughly they still had campbell as having a chance of winning it. i think (dont quote me on this) but i think Ward had loma up 1 round by round 8ish.