Campbell v garcia

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by micker1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Shame the Tank fight has zero chance of happening.

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Campbell should have grown into a 147 by now imo. Still boiling down and like his fight with Loma, looked hurt every time he got hit clean.

He's technically a very good boxer but you have to say that it's not quite worked in the pro's. He's not fulfilled the promise he had. I appreciate that might sound harsh, but just fallen short at the top level.

3. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    I was impressed with Garcia, different level to Campbell and entertaining to watch.

Gatekeeper, Jurgen and CutThroatFade like this.
  4. Shrewd_dude

Shrewd_dude Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    This post fight stuff from DAZN is nauseating. It's more like a Justin Beiber after party.

5. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Hardly a different level. Dropped heavily in the second and Luke clearly the better all round boxer. Think Lukes tight at the weight now and getting on in years. Fresher more pumped full of crap fighter wins. Shocker.

Carlton Cole and kojak like this.
  6. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I don't think he got hurt everytime he got hit clean, I thought he blocked a lot of Garcias's work.

He is technically very good but he's a counter puncher, doesn't have that aggressive ability to put combinations together.

The shot that finished him was a great shot to be fair. I had Campbell doing quite well, a round down (or level) but felt like he was starting to land with more frequency.

Garcia reacted like he had just won the lottery, shame the shot ended it as I'd of liked to see the last 3rd of the fight.

Gatekeeper and Astaxanthin like this.
  7. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I’ve never wanted a hype train to derail so much.

Punchdrunk1 likes this.
  8. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I thought Campbell was technically better, just no durability against the younger, stronger opponent.

9. Terry94

Terry94 15-05-20 Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Call me harsh but Luke quit for me there, yeah, great body shot but he could of got up in time! He was winning as well in my opinion.

Anyway, please Garcia fight Davis next I can't stand that Instagram muppet and David will knock him the **** out!

10. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    He retreated to the ropes several times and covered up in survival mode whilst Garcia was teeing off. He was saved by the bell in the 3rd or 4th, he didn't know where he was. He looked very vulnerable imo bud.

11. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Yeah m8 just doesn't have that dog in him..if he did he would have been a beast of a lightweight.hes had a very good career regardless though and is a class act.

Twentyman likes this.
  12. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I don't think Campbell quit, he was trying to gee himself up about the 8 second mark to get up.

Maybe could of got up .5 a second earlier but he was that badly hurt I honestly don't think he'd of survived anyway.

dryzer and Twentyman like this.
  13. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    As much as I like Luke he lost every round apart from the knockdown tonight.

If he’s tight at the weight he should move up. Nobody is forcing him to fight at lightweight.

dryzer and Jurgen like this.
  14. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    The move to the Canelo camp has helped Garcia but he has a few traits which are hardwired particularly holding his chin high , he is very hittable and I don’t rate his chances against Tank or Lopez who I figure would crush him . The easiest fight to make is Haney and whilst he hasn’t exactly been shinning recently he would be in my opinion beat Garcia , although I understand Garcia beat him in the amateurs .

15. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Think it’s very hard for any of us to say that because I think very few of us will have been hit with a bodyshot at all, let alone by a world level fighter. It’s supposed to be totally debilitating.

kojak likes this.