Campbell v garcia

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by micker1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Campbell was caught flush in round 1 so he was wary of Garcia's power, also at the time he thought he could land that shot again cleanly at multiple times of the fight. There game plan seemed to be that left shot and nothing else and they stuck to it. It was a fair game plan given that they knew the cards were rigged.

velagod and Dairygivesmegas like this.
  2. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    One of the judges didn't even score the second round a 10-8.

im sparticus likes this.
  3. Dairygivesmegas

Dairygivesmegas New Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    That's what I was thinking too. That Campbell felt he would be able to land that same punch consistently later on. And so there was no rush.

However, Garcia looked pretty wobbled to me and most likely not able to really threaten Campbell the rest of the round because his legs werent fully under him yet.. Garcia even looked up at the clock at one point, just wanting to get out of the round.

pow and im sparticus like this.
  4. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    What are you going on about mate. I didn't say anything to contrary!.

pow likes this.
  5. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    You can score shots that hit the arm or guard as effective aggression if they are pushing the opponent back. Also the shots that were damaging his arm should be scored as they are doing visible damage.

6. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Khan wouldnt have survived the 2nd round

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Would be like a bargain bin Hagler-Hearns.

And yeah Garcia will be a force at 135 his power, handspeed and confidence are the real deal but as others have said he's too upright and open, Lopez and Tank take him out right now.

8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Probably but Campbell should have steamed in when he had the chance

Dairygivesmegas and dryzer like this.
  9. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Don’t think Tank beating Garcia is a foregone conclusion. Only had one fight at lightweight against a past it Gamboa and he was hurt a few times in that. I know his belt was on the line against Santa Cruz but that was at 130.

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    What great fights we have to wait years and years for, probably only getting 2. We could have a lesser modern day 4 kings but we won't.

jimmyonebomb likes this.
  11. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Luke made a big mistake in the second round- I think he underestimated how shaken up Garcia was.

Realistically he was never going to get a decision out there, so knowing that why not throw everything at him? It's not as risky over exerting yourself a bit so early in a fight, and in any case he had little to lose.

The other side to that is, well he knew Garcia was heavy handed so was worried about getting countered. To me that's even more of a reason to go at Garcia if you know how hard he hits you know that early chance might be the only chance, pressure him and try to panic him and catch him again in those 20-30 second straight after the knock down when he would still not be 100%.

Reminded me a little of Callum Johnson vs Beterbiev, although that was worse as Callum bizarrely totally froze and barely threw a punch after he dropped Beterbiev.

It was a decent effort from Luke in any case, he did his best and got beat by a much younger, fresher (IMO not better) fighter who is obviously heavy handed.

Dairygivesmegas and rezzer like this.
  12. TheDank

TheDank New Member banned Full Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Fraud.

Even Eubanks jr is quicker on the pads

Haney beats him easy, hes got power but dont want big hitters either

13. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I find it amazing how often a fighter will knock down an opponent, have him hurt and then fail to finish it particularly at elite level.

14. TheDank

TheDank New Member banned Full Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Garcia gets smoked in any boxing match
    Sick of this ****

15. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Davis or Lopez would absolutely destroy Garcia, completely obliterate him. That kid is too easy to hit and those popstar looks are going to go the way of that famous scene in Raging Bull "he sure ain't pretty no more".