Campbell v garcia

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by micker1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Luke made a big mistake in the second round- I think he underestimated how shaken up Garcia was.

Realistically he was never going to get a decision out there, so knowing that why not throw everything at him? It's not as risky over exerting yourself a bit so early in a fight, and in any case he had little to lose.

The other side to that is, well he knew Garcia was heavy handed so was worried about getting countered. To me that's even more of a reason to go at Garcia if you know how hard he hits you know that early chance might be the only chance, pressure him and try to panic him and catch him again in those 20-30 second straight after the knock down when he would still not be 100%.

Reminded me a little of Callum Johnson vs Beterbiev, although that was worse as Callum bizarrely totally froze and barely threw a punch after he dropped Beterbiev.

It was a decent effort from Luke in any case, he did his best and got beat by a much younger, fresher (IMO not better) fighter who is obviously heavy handed.

rezzer likes this.
  2. TheDank

TheDank New Member banned Full Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Fraud.

Even Eubanks jr is quicker on the pads

Haney beats him easy, hes got power but dont want big hitters either

3. rezzer

rezzer Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I find it amazing how often a fighter will knock down an opponent, have him hurt and then fail to finish it particularly at elite level.

4. TheDank

TheDank New Member banned Full Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Garcia gets smoked in any boxing match
    Sick of this ****

5. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Davis or Lopez would absolutely destroy Garcia, completely obliterate him. That kid is too easy to hit and those popstar looks are going to go the way of that famous scene in Raging Bull "he sure ain't pretty no more".