Can Connor beat Khabib

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by lufcrazy, Jul 31, 2018.

1. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    ha ha , its cool bro.

Lets just hope it lives up to the hype.

2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Odds are close to even. Might have a cheeky punt on Khabib.

Oneirokritis and sjp17 like this.
  3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I reckon Conor will spark Khabib early maybe even Aldo style.

The difference for me in this fight is that I believe Conor can make mistakes and still win, Khabib cannot make any mistakes. Yes CM could get taken down and it may tire him out but he can get back up and still catch KN, but on the flip side if Khabib get's caught even once with a solid left hand he's done, it may not knock him out or even seriously hurt him but it will jar his senses enough that he'll lose his composure and start making stupid mistakes and getting tagged more and more, then he's finished.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  4. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    McGregor has more than a punchers chance.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  5. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    This is a very important fight for both their legacies, especially for Mcgregor.

If Khabib ragdolls him easily it will prove that he has a huge exploitable weakness and show why the UFC steered him away from wrestlers. If he can stuff the TDs and win it will significantly raise his H2H rating.

6. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    All things being equal I’d favour Khabib but I reckon there’s some WWE type stuff going on with Conor’s fights,to see Alvarez getting dropped every time he was touched and same with Nate Diaz in their 2nd fight with neither going to the ground makes me suspicious.

Put it this way if we don’t see Khabib go for the take down after a few rounds you know it’s a psy op.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  7. sjp17

Apr 22, 2011
    When the media tour pressers start ???

8. anders100

anders100 Active Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Khabib is 26-0 on paper, although he lost his fight against Gleison Tibau at UFC 148 - but were gifted a 30-27 decision from all the judges. Allmost every play by play had Tibau winning the fight, and Rogan and Goldberg were shocked when the Buffer announced the decision and the winner. He have dominated every fight since that, but he should've lost that fight - and then he wouldn't be this unbeatable 26-0 beast.

Conor's ground game is underrated IMO, like he is a rookie on the mat. Chad Mendes took him down multiple times, but wasn't able to finish the fight - and he is a world class wrestler. His takedowns are even more efficient than Khabib's. Khabib often uses to cage to finish his takedowns, Mendes can finish his takedowns in the middle of the octagon. Nate Diaz and Eddie Alvarez are both great grapplers, but in fairness neither is takedown artist. McGregor is a brown belt i BJJ, so even though he most likely are dominated on the mat by Khabib, he might have the skills to stay in the fight and defend himself of his back - just like he did vs Mendes. And we don't really know how great his takedown defense is. Diaz and Alvarez couldn't take him down - or Diaz did once with 10 seconds left in the 2nd fight. So he do have decent takedown defense atleast, but prob needs great takedown defense to defend a takedown attempt from Khabib.

So, I slightly favor Khabib - we know what he brings. There are some question with McGregor. How good is his takedown defense, and how well can he defend himself on the ground. We don't really know. Khabib might just go in and take McGregor down right away and finish the fight early - McGregor might just catch him with a left early. Khabib might dominate the fight to a decision or late stoppage. I don't really see this being that much of a competitive fight. Either McGregor stops him inside 2 or 3 rounds, or Khabib dominates McGregor on the ground.

60/40 in favor of Khabib - but i cheer for McGregor, and hopes he will get the W.

Brixton Bomber and Gatekeeper like this.
  9. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Big diff between confidence and arrogance.

sjp17 likes this.
  10. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Uhhhh, Diaz got car wreck beat. If you didn’t see savage power in those fights you don’t know what u are looking at

sjp17 likes this.
  11. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    2 of my favorite 3 fighters. It could go eitherway.

Gatekeeper and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  12. sjp17

Apr 22, 2011
    against Diaz ok he did damage and put him down a few times, against Floyd didn't look much but your right he does have one punch KO power in MMA

Oneirokritis and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  13. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I think Khabib wins a points decision

St00 likes this.
  14. St00

St00 New Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Khabib is going to kill the UFC PPV buyrate with one single leg

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  15. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Completely disagree with you. If Conor doesn't get him out of there quick ( within 1.5 rds) then he is done. No way it goes the distance. Imo Conor can win but it has to be early. I'm picking Khabib to stop him in about 3 rds.