Can Hughie Lewis

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Oct 10, 2021.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Hughie still has no definition in his shoulders or arms. Bad!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Couldn't think of a more painful fight to watch.

PatCash and Safin like this.
  3. Gazanta87

Gazanta87 Member Full Member

May 18, 2019
    Hughie stops him second half of the fight 6/1 wallop. Thank me later folks

4. PatCash

PatCash Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Hammer is past his prime and old now too, all I can see is a 12 round shutout. This card is honestly horrible, Sky really need to up their game

Oneirokritis likes this.
  5. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Hughie couldnt crack an egg

Jurgen and First Round KO like this.
  6. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Hughie could stop him late if he steps on the gas 5th round onwards and is a bit more aggressive (10th-11th TKO for e.g.), failing that will win very easily on points.

He's quite frustrating to watch, one of the best examples of a fighter that boxes within himself. If he's winning a fight he's content to just do enough, spends too much time in the comfort zone and that will cost him. You could argue it has already- I thought Parker on the night was poor himself and was very beatable if Hughie just showed more ambition and upped his work rate he could have already become a world champion.

Hammer was obviously no world beater, but he seems to have regressed massively from what he was. Watching him vs Tony Yoka, he looked like he hadn't trained properly at all, looked overweight and demotivated and was just interested in picking up a pay check. This time he does seem to be in better shape physically so let's see what he has left. He's actually only in his mid 30's so really should look to test Hughie if he's in the shape to do it.

Gazanta87 likes this.
  7. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
  8. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    As much as I like Peter Fury and think he knows his stuff, I just can't see any improvement in hughie Fury for years now, we keep being told we are going to see a new hughie every fight now that he has matured blah blah but everytime it's just really boring to watch.

I know you can only do so much with the talent you have but every interviewer just keeps saying he is learning he has taken hard fights but the facts are he has been a pro almost 10 years now and he is still the same fighter as he was 5 years ago.

He could box another 20 years and I don't think he would win a world title. I actually feel sorry for the lad because he dedicates every minute of his life to the sport

Terminator and Inglis_1 like this.
  9. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Needs to just get stuck in instead of prancing about switching stances and flicking jabs out.

10. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Despite what fairytales say, hard work DOESNT beat talent

11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    As much as I agree with you, I literally had Hughie winning a world title in the stinker over Paint Dry. Yes, he was negative and didn't do much, but he still landed more on Parker than vice versa and made Parker look absolutely silly through most of the bout.

Wizbit1013, Oneirokritis and moog like this.
  12. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    He's not a fluent puncher unfortunately. It's not just the lack of power, he doesn't punch in combination, and will never deter his opponent.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Anyone getting stopped by Pudding Pulev is a Grade A Pudding - The Skirt Crumble

14. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    He didn't get stopped by Pudding Pulev!

Wizbit1013, Oneirokritis and moog like this.
  15. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Plus, he should never have fought. He went into the fight with a really bad cut from a spar with Martin Bakole.

Oneirokritis likes this.