Can Loma or Davis deal with Berchelt?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by drenlou, May 11, 2019.

1. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Berchelt is legit, I think he has a better chance against Tank than he does against Loma but I'd hesitate in picking him to beat either. Him and Tank would be a great watch actually.

Pimp C likes this.
  2. jordan mcc

jordan mcc New Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2019
    I'd be surprised if Lomachenko even lost a round against Berchelt, Lomachenko would box rings round him

Nicholas Walters was a better fighter and bigger puncher than Berchelt and look what Lomachenko did to him

Davis is a better fighter than Berchelt too, Davis wins pretty easily.

Berchelt vs Farmer is a 50/50.

Jackman65 likes this.
  3. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Does Loma weigh 147 on fight night?

Berchelt is like a fresher version of salido with more skill to his game.

4. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Berchelt is a legit fighter but I don't think he beats Tank or Loma. Tank would be a more competitive fight but I see Tank stopping Berchelt at some point. Loma makes easy work of Berchelt en route to a stoppage.

5. Bigdog2002

Bigdog2002 Active Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Loma- blchert id actually 50-50
    BELCHERT IS salido 2.0 only better!!!
    Davis vs belchert and loma are 50-50 fights!!!

Just fight got damn it!!!!!

6. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    Does it matter how much weight a boxer rehydrate ? His based weight is still 130 lbs. Just because he weights as a welterweight at the fight night, he will gain the power of welterweight boxer. Besides it doesn't guarantee he can be stronger or faster.

Now, answer me this, does Berchelt move and punch faster than Loma ?

7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Bro, you're the one that brought up size.

Also, most of the die hard Loma fans were using Salido's weight on fight day as one of the main reasons if not the main reason why he had so much success against Nomas.

8. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018

I said 'size' not weight. Berchelt is as tall as Loma. There's a limit of shape he can rehydrate to reach his best form.

Besides using Salido's weight as a counter argument is poor attempt since he failed to make the weight. I don't really care how much his weight at the fight night, there is no rehydration rules in that match. But it is a fact that the fight has been unfair even before it started. It was not a fight between two men of equal weight class. The fight ended with Salido as the winner, but not as a defending champion.

Well, unless Berchelt intends to follow every of Salido's steps, including fail the weight and fight dirty.

9. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Berchelt doesn't have too follow every Salido step. He's better at this stage than Salido around the time he fought Loma.

10. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Bump.

Just watched his 1st fight with Vargas and rewatched the scalping of Roman again. He puts together so many punches while parying both Vargas & roman's shots quite a bit.

However it was the commentary vs Roman I ended up paying attention too after several times commenting he takes away his own height advantage.

In his previous fights has he done similar?

It seems like when he was in close he has this habit of crouching? He did IMO what DLH did quite a bit against Mayweather he kept smalling himself down (for lack of better phrase!) Other than that I think he has some nice skills.

11. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    If Loma gets past Lopez and becomes undisputed at 135, he might go back down to 130. Then him vs Berchelt will be the fight to make. In the meantime, Berchelt should take a step towards unifying 130 and stop ducking Jamal Herring.

12. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Berchelt will get his chance when Loma moves down, which I expect to happen next year. Comparing Loma of today to the guy who literally had a few rounds as a pro and was fighting for a belt in his second fight is laughable. It only exposes the agenda of the hardcore Loma haters, particularly the Canelo ball gobbler who is the biggest hater.

Loma is fighting bigger guys at LW but has managed to win decisively in each fight. Berchelt will be an easy fight for Loma. A slower conventional fighter, close to his size. I don’t think Berchelt will win a round and might not finish on his feet. Hope that fight happens ASAP.

Berchelt probably beats Tank soundly but we will never know because Tank has no interest in fighting top opposition. Berchelt is too skilled and too prime for Tank. He’d rather face older guys or smaller guys moving up. He’s a can crusher and I don’t see that stopping any time soon. As long as suckers will pay to watch crap, Tank and his team are going to continue to serve it up. Nice and steamy!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  13. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Plus, I don't think Berchelt's choice of opponents lately will serve him well in either fight. At 130lbs, I think Davis may very well stop him and Loma boxes to a 116-112 decision.

14. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Lomachenko beats Berchelt, then everyone says Berchelt was a bum.

Jackman65 likes this.
  15. Mr Nice

Mr Nice It's about to get naughty banned Full Member

Mar 14, 2021
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::pancarta:

Jackman65 likes this.