Can Loma Win the Rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RJJFan, Oct 17, 2020.

1. gold

gold Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2009
    How do you know there is no rematch?

2. gold

gold Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2009
    When he turned the pressure up second half lopez was getting carved up quite easily. Lopez not on his level that was evident in the second half.

alexland likes this.
  3. Astaxanthin

Astaxanthin Active Member Full Member

Dec 28, 2014
    I agree with you, Lopez looked the more hurt of the two, but there's no rematch clause.
    Maybe Arum will make an offer.

4. maac

maac Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Because not only size, López' level Is better

5. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Yes, if he starts earlier. Loma dominated down the stretch. It would be a great fight. Lopez is much bigger than Loma though.

aaalbert likes this.
  6. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    He's declining because he lost? It's more like the Roman Gonzalez situation, he's stretching his limits at 135 against much bigger opponents.

7. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    I respect Loma he won more fans in this loss. He clearly won 4 to 5 rounds. That's not enough.

8. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Yes definitely since he knows Lopez’s style now. He needs to start much earlier though. Lopez won comfortably but it wasn’t a complete shutout either.

9. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I actually had it 7-5 rounds loma. I he would have stepped on the gas more in the mid rounds he could have very well stopped lopes but props to teo for stepping on the gas that last round and according to those scorecard he didn’t need

gold and RingKing75 like this.
  10. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    I thought Loma was on his way to stopping Teo when he was snapping his headback and seemed to have him hurt a couple times. If Loma had started the fight off the way he did in the middle rounds it likely ends up being a stoppage as he wouldve worn down Teo. Teo to his credit showed a lot tonight. Great young fighter.

11. Leoh

Leoh Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    The only way Loma can win the rematch is there is a 0 (zero) lbs rehydration clause, in which case Lopez would collapse and die with the first punch as his brain would explode due to dehydration.

Staminakills likes this.
  12. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Loma had success when he put on the gas and applied pressure. It’s just baffling on why he waited so long. Idk if he was scared or was trying to tire out Lopez but that’s difficult to do when your opposition is nearly 10 years younger and fresher.

13. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Get better strategy this time around and actually throw punches for the whole fight - yeah he can win with not much of a trouble.
    It was more of a Klitschko - Fury scenario, where Klitschko was just not throwing and slept a lot of rounds.
    Same with Loma he was on defensive for way too long and forget to throw punches in a lot of rounds.
    Props to Teo tho.

14. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Imho lomachenko always has a chance. But the truth is that had he not made the mistake of starting late, I think he would have ended on the canvas. He was about to end like that in 12th. His best resource was to foul with headbuts... well.... that's... well... crap. He had nothing, that's the truth.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Staminakills likes this.
  15. Hi-Tek-Lomo

Hi-Tek-Lomo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Loma would get knocked out in the rematch.

maac and Staminakills like this.