Can Lomachenko beat Devin Haney? Teddy Atlas Breakdown

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011

I think that you are wrong on this one. It's about skills period and I think that Haney can box with Loma, mentally and physically. The only thing that Haney lacked was assurance that he could go hard for 12 rounds. Kambozo, erased that doubt and now Haney is confident in his skills and his stamina. It's a 50/50 fight but Loma has to come with his A game and that's a fact.

2. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Rumsfeld likes this.
  3. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Neither does Loma .

SomeFella and Ph33rknot like this.
  4. BoB Box

BoB Box Rollin with the punches Full Member

Jun 13, 2022
    Was one now a while back and is now an aged fighter. Loma will get the raw end of the deal from Devin.

5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Gold medal is an amateur award. Means nothing in the pros.

rodney, SomeFella and Ph33rknot like this.
  6. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Usyk, Golovkin, Beterbiev, AJ, Shields, Bivol, Klitschko, Holyfield, Ibragimov, Povetkin, Lewis don't agree with you.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  7. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Now name the ones who didn't make it

SomeFella likes this.
  8. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    He has more KO`s and stopped Linares with one shot while Haney couldn`t stop Linares.

9. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    Of course performing well in the amateurs is a good thing, but winning a gold medal doesn't mean one fighter is better than another in the pros. Just ask Duran, Robinson, Mayweather, Marquez, Morales, Barrera. I would bet there are more good to great pros that have not won Gold medals than those that have.

SomeFella likes this.
  10. OldSchoolBoxing

Sep 30, 2021
  11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Jesus wept! Loma is the most skilled fighter in the game bar none and Huggy Bear Jab 'n Grab Haney isn't fit to lace his boots in that regard. The fact that anyone would even argue otherwise is bizarre beyond words. The only reason Haney might possibly win is because he's a freaking 147 pounder fighting at 135 and Loma is a 126 pounder fighting at 135 and because the later is almost 35 and past his prime. The size difference between them is obscene. He weighs at least three divisions more than Loma and has a near six inch reach advantage over him and that's just ring weight. In terms of natural size the disparity is even bigger.

If Loma weighed just one weight class less than Haney he would stop him 10 times out of 10, let alone if they were the same size as each other. Now imagine what a Loma who weighed three divisions more than him would do to him. Loma would absolutely destroy him in a few rounds.

Loma and Inoue are separated by five divisions

This content is protected

Now look

Two fighters campaigning in the same division but the size difference between them is vastly more than it is between Loma and Inoue despite the fact Inoue campaigns at 118

This content is protected

MidniteProwler and Jackman65 like this.
  12. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    Yeah, not a gold. If you go back to my OP I was referring to gold medals. Does Loma's 2 gold medals means he beats Mayweather or Duran at 135 at the pro level? Great match ups by the way. Of those 3, Loma is #3 in my book. All opinion and hypithetics, one can argue and with good cause, Loma is #1 of those 3.

SomeFella likes this.
  13. Jacques81

Jacques81 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    There are more spelling and grammatical errors I should be seeing in am adult's post on this site.
    Go Lomachenko.

14. OldSchoolBoxing

Sep 30, 2021
    @Braindamage Haney is no Mayweather. I saw him against Linares. Linares beat him like a senior student beats a primary school junior at certain moments during the fight.

Haney will know what level he really is at and will stay away from Olympic gold medalists in the rest of his career after he meets his demise at the hands of Lomachenko.

MarkusFlorez99 and Jackman65 like this.
  15. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    Agreed. I posted after the 2nd Kambosos fight that the Loma of 3-5 years ago beats Haney in a 11-1, 10-2 type fight. Now I say it will be closer. 8-4 type fight. Loma is no joke. Just wish he turned pro after his 1st gold medal. Also wish he fought more. I just can't go against Loma in a Haney fight. But in all fairness to Haney. I see him doing the right things to achieve greatness. Fought 2 consecutive fights in the opponents back yard and winning the belt on the road. Now fighting Loma at only 23. He has a chance to be great if he keeps doing these type of things.

OldSchoolBoxing likes this.