Can Tank chin Loma

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Carlton Cole, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Before you jump on an say it’s boxing any punch at any second can turn a fight, do people think tank has a credible shot at beating Loma.

I’m not Bias to either camp but I see a lot of established posters sniggering somewhat at tanks chances and I’d like to know the general feeling for this potential match up?

(Not that I hold any hope about it being made soon)

2. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    I'm still on the fence when It comes to Davis whereas I know what level Loma is at now.

So that leaves it a difficult question to answer for me, if Tank is as good as his potential then I think there's a very good chance he sparks Loma out, if he's a bit of a hype job flattered by his opposition then Loma wins a decision.

Gatekeeper and Scissors like this.
  3. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Yeah think you summed up the point I was trying to get at better than me haha. Personally think there could be something special about that boy from Baltimore

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  4. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Right now I say no but in 18 months maybe. Loma will pushing mid 30s then.

5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Scary to think loma will be pushing mid 30s not long from now, I feel like we’ve only had him as a pro for a short time

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    There's little real evidence to suggest it. He's very good, so has a chance to win , but a lot of it is assumption work with Davis.

7. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    The way I see it there's usually two varieties of the American prospect

You have your Jeff lacy/ Seth mitchell/ broner type

Then you have your Errol spence/ Crawford type

I still don't know which group Davis belongs in

Gatekeeper likes this.
  8. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    And this trend is getting worse

The funding now means it's not a bad idea to stay in the cushy amateurs well into your late 20s, pummeling teenagers who only put on a glove a year ago

9. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    His lack of activity certainly wont help him develop.

10. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    And then you look at Hughie fury who at only 25 has fought and went the distance with Parker, pulev and Povetkin

notjustacasual likes this.
  11. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Yeah I'm inclined to agree. His best win is Pedraza, which is a good win. Pedraza had his moments in that fight but didn't stick to his own gameplan as he himself admitted. Since then, Tank has done nothing except struggle with weight and balloon up in between fights. Really want to see more from him and fighting a past it Gamboa is not that

Gatekeeper and Wizbit1013 like this.
  12. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Well loma presses the action so does get hit and tank has power, but like others have said hasnt fought the same level of opposistion. If it happens anytime in the next 12months even id say no he doesnt chin him, but i believe he and mayweather will leave it as long as possible to fight him for loma to decline in reflexes, speed etc

Gatekeeper and Clarence Gianni like this.
  13. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    we have! haha

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    At this stage right now, Loma picks him apart and stops him. Their timelines don’t match so neither will be able to fight the other when both are peaking.

Lomachenko is showing signs of wear & tear with the injuries he’s had. Mayweather knows exactly how to play that game and he’ll wait until Loma declines before entertaining that, if at all.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Im a Tank fan but he clearly doesnt live like a pro. When he is out partying and eating burgers Loma is doing keepy uppys at the gym.

I dont think Tank could live with the pace Loma can set and not sure Tank has it in hm to go 12 rounds at any pace yet which means he would have to try and get him out of there early.

Like most i dont think this fight happens until Loma is on the slide.

Gatekeeper and Twentyman like this.