Can there be ANY Doubt that Linares has a glass jaw??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Zakman, Jan 18, 2019.

1. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Linares and loma chose each other over garcia.
    For good reason

Ra's Al-Ghul likes this.
  2. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Wtf are you talking about? Garcia is who ducked both of them!
    GBP made a 50/50 offer for Linares vs Garcia. Garcia then chose Lipiniets.

And then Garcia moved up to fight Spence instead of Loma.(Can´t really fault him for that one)

Mikey Garcia walked away from Loma and Linares.

3. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    His technique is to blame here rather than his chin or size, came out throwing lazy jabs with little mind to defense and got caught cold. For all his flash, Linares is a very flawed fighter.

Badbot likes this.
  4. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Here’s the thing. Khan has the same deficiencies as linares, the lack of chin and defense but he has shown his level by beating guys like maidana and guys like Judah, malignaggi, Alexander and collaboration in devastating manner.

So yea he’s one dimensional with his speed but you can tell his level on his good night.

Linares loses to journeymens and has never beaten a good B level fighter in as impressive fashion.

And people seriously argue he would beat khan? Now we know who don’t know **** about boxing in this forum.

5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Wait, you seriously dare to bring up Khan & Broner to make this point?

First of all, Khan lost to Breidis freaking Prescott, in just as embarrassing a fashion as Linares has ever been defeated. Cano, DeMarco, Salgado, and yes even Yeyo Thompson all >>>>>>>> Prescott.

Broner also lost (albeit not officially, but everyone that remembers this match knows that not a soul besides two of the judges thought Broner deserved the victory, it has been glossed over in the decade since and his newer bandwagon fans might not even be aware of it, but he lost this fight) to Fernando Quintero, a non-entity compared with all of Linares' conquerors.

Badbot likes this.
  6. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    This content is protected

Bustajay and IntentionalButt like this.
  7. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Fine post
    Also the size difference was laughable IMO.
    I think this goes to show that moving up division after division is not a good fit for all as boxing has never been a one size fits all in the 35 plus years I’ve been watching

Makes me worry more about Mikey and Spence

Sugar 88 likes this.
  8. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    LOL It's actually quite telling that the ones who are genuinely more emotional about this upset are the Loma haters, rather than his fans. Which tells me how much room that ickle Ukrainian ankle biter is renting in that head space & keeping them awake at night :lol:

Well done Cano. Hope u make a return Jorge too. Onwards Loma..

;)

9. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    This content is protected

Ph33rknot likes this.
  10. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    For some sort of pseudo-boxing-intellectual one would think you would understand that fluke wins do happen. Was Rahman even in Lennox Lewis league? **** happens, Prescott hits hard, a lot harder than Cano p4p, and caught Khan early, so what? Khan still went on to beat Maidana and alexander, collazo, paulie and judah in devastating fashion. He showed he was a league above these C-B level guys.

Linares meanwhile has lost not once, but 4 times to C level fighters. He's beaten C level fighters but has never beaten a B level fighter as impressive as Khan has. He either loses to or struggles badly against C-B level guys like Mitchell.

He showed his class in his performance, and he can't surpass it.

At one point Khan was at the top of 140 on most people's list, h2h with Bradley which says a lot about how good he was. Linares meanwhile is still getting whooped by Cano. Khan's last win is Cano level.

Broner whooped Linares daddy demarco bad, bad, bad, bad. That's all I have to say about that. Broner would maul and whoop Linares at 130,135, 140.

Shootlow likes this.
  11. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    He took Loma's punches to the head fine.

12. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    The knockdown at 2:20 was just awful, he barely grazed him with that short hook and dropped Linares to the seat of his pants.....

I could have easily taken that and I'm no pro.

13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Linares >>>>> Khan, resume and ability. YDKSAB.

Writing off Prescott and Quintero as flukes but bashing Linares for his four losses (all to world class guys - excepting perhaps Thompson - who are vastly Superior to Prescott) is hilarious. You act like Khan has some glittering W column.

14. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I think you have already taken way too many to the head MVC:D:beer-toast1:

MVC! and Boxingfan200 like this.
  15. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    got that right or dropped on his head 2 many times as a kid:risas3:

Bustajay likes this.