Can they win a title?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by dmc071, Jun 21, 2007.

1. dmc071

dmc071 New Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Of the fighters making a comeback and who are ranked in the top 15 in any of the rankings how would they fair against the 4 different champions right now.

Klitcho, Chagev, Maskaev,Ibragimov

Evander Holyfield L ? L L
    Oliver McCall L W W ?
    Michael Moorer ? W W W
    John Ruiz L L L L
    Hasim Rahman L L L L

2. Kostya Zoo

Kostya Zoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 6, 2006
    I honestly wouldnt pick Moorer over Chagaev or Ibragimov IN HIS PRIME.

3. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    What about TUA??

He is ranked in top 15 by WBC I believe - and still only 34 years old.

4. Kostya Zoo

Kostya Zoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 6, 2006
    well that's a bull**** ranking.

5. Brickhaus

Brickhaus Packs the house Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    What about Tua? At this point I doubt I'd favor him to beat Shannon Briggs. He's just as limited.

6. codeman99998

codeman99998 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Moorer sure gets a lot of credit from you doesn't he? Have you seen his recent fights?

What's really important there is that all of those fighters (except Moorer, unexpectedly) have an L under Klitschko's name.

What's also important is that the other three "champions" in that list would have an "L" in the Klitschko column. I am only interested in fighters fighting Klitschko, as he is the only titlist to defend his title against real opposition. Whether or not they can beat the other "champions" is of little importance in the division, unless AFTER beating them they intend to unify.

7. dmc071

Jun 19, 2007
    I didn't think that Tua was ranked but I think he is done...I mean he still has power but I never thought he was a smart fighter.

8. dmc071

Jun 19, 2007
    This content is protected

9. kadoiron

kadoiron Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2006
    It's incredibly sad that Tua isn't as focused as he was in the end of the 90's early 2000's because he would certainly be a force to be reckoned with! His best chances are now and he doesn't seem to be taking advantage of that...sad...

10. dmc071

Jun 19, 2007
    I agree totally....He was the same fighter he was in the 90's this would be his best chance to really do something.

11. Stinky gloves

Stinky gloves Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 31, 2007
    L W L W
    L L W W
    L L L L
    W D L W
    L D L L

12. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Rahman and Ruiz have been Champions recently so id give them a solid chance. McCalls KOed Maskaev already so id say he could do it agian. Moorer is shot but he has 1 punch KO power he was getting trumped by Jirov and landed a big hook to put him to sleep why couldnt he KO a couple of glass jaws named Maskaev and Klitschko ? Holyfields the most skilled of the bunch and hes easily the fastest. Id give every single one a shot.