Can Warren's BT compete with Hearn's Sky sports

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 12, 2017.

1. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Not unless he improves the stable. He has no real superstar left.

2. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Yeah buatsi, commey who is a free agent, Maybe Indingo if he beats Burns, then he could put Indongo and Skeete together

Paddy Barnes was available, he should went for Conlan when he had the chance.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  3. StevieH

StevieH New Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Does anybody know when Boxnation officially becomes part of the BT Sport package?

4. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Don't have clue but they said 30 BT events which is ambitious in itself it will probably be impossible if they don't start in Jan or Feb.

5. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I dont think he has a chance tbh. He will get a few decent names and will do allright because essentially franks a wily old fox. The problem hes dealing with tho is hes not half as good a promoter as hearn in terms of marketing. Its not that franks that bad its just that hearn like him or not is very very good at selling especially to the casuals. Social media has changed the game a bit and eddie knows how to use it better than frank does. He ll always be playing catch up for me. Needs to get haye. Groves and dare i say it eubanks junior. Get them three and he has a chance. The problem is how much will getting them favour them contractually as opposed to frank.

But tbh theres not much on his roster to get excited about. Even his star player bjs is pretty ordinary to watch. Fury if he does come back wont compete with joshua in terms of selling.

Wouldnt surprise me if hearn tries to cut deals with the three i ve listed to try cut frank off.

6. StevieH

StevieH New Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Yeah thats what I thought. I see they have a few international shows coming up but nothing announced for bt sport still. Maybe they are trying to start it off with a big British show.

7. AdrianSterling

AdrianSterling Lewisham Boy banned Full Member

Jan 12, 2017
    In a word no.

Hearn has AJ and he is the man who appeals to the nation.

8. toxedo911

toxedo911 Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Warren has been secretly been building a stable.

He has Daniel Dubois, (pipped for gold for tokyo 2020),

He has the light heavy beast anthony Yarde. Its scary, what he is doing is going for good amteurs, and taking them pro early and then building them. UK boxing will be where its at, the future will be here for elite fighters. America and mexico, as well as the former soviet nations, aka, Russia,Kazak,and Ukraine, will all be up there still.

These are the future battle grounds. But Britain is coming to take over and beat these nations best fighters!!!!

9. AdrianSterling

Jan 12, 2017
    Yarde,Skeete and Patterson are the only decent fighters he has.

10. AdrianSterling

Jan 12, 2017
    Nurse is a very good signing as well.

11. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Also most fights like Degale v jack and Santa Cruz v Frampton for example, I expect BT to win the rights to most of these going forward.

12. HARDCORE HEALEY

HARDCORE HEALEY Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I wonder if the BT cards will have Ian Darke commentating, he still does the BT football doesn't he?

13. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Yarde and Skeete will both suffer big KO losses when they get to proper world level and Patterson who?

14. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Skeete is not world level in my
    opinion, Yarde I'm impressed with but he should move down to super middle if he can coz he's a midget in his division and that division is stacked, whereas super middle is open and weak.

15. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Nurse will get stopped at world level, I could see Ohara or Josh Taylor beating him in a years time. Talented but gets drawn into too much wars.