Can we just get Fury vs AJ now please

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Who_Necks, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Whyte's 1000 days as no1 means nothing now. Eddie just give us the only fight that matters at HW.
    Let the Gyspy King be crowned an ATG.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  2. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    X2 but you know that it won't happen that way.

3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Fully agree. No need to waste more time with fringe contenders.

4. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Hearn's main concern is fulfilling his PPV quotas. There's a risk that Fury completely does AJ in. Hearn wants more PPVs out of Joshua before he takes that chance. Now he's not able to throw a Whyte-sized spanner in the works, he'll be looking for other ways to delay.

kojak, Coybig and Furious like this.
  5. Cluedo

Cluedo Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2016
    easy to say this but fury and joshua need a full arena.

do you really think they are going to throw millions up the wall fighting without a full crowd.

Robney and KermitTheFrog like this.
  6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    The Saudis (or whoever) will throw the extra money at it to compensate for it or they will allow a crowd “with measures” in place.

This is the type of fight where you could close it off to a 500/1000 or so of the richest fans and make them pay through the roof for a ticket.

Shite for people like me who would love to go to the fight but I don’t think crowd is a big obstacle to a mega fight like this.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  7. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Good points. I think for this fight there’d be enormous pressure from the media and possibly even government to hold the fight in the UK if it’s safe to do so.

The public need a lift and something like this is needed. Holding it in Saudi would **** off an awful lot of people and would be very bad PR for Hearn.

8. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Even if Fury dominates AJ Hearn will be able to spin it in a certain way so the casuals continue to lap it up

9. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Can’t blame Hearn for it being in Saudi. This could be the final fight for Fury or AJ and they will want to milk it for every penny that they could. Take emotion out of in and it’s their job so they will go to the highest bidder. Which is disappointing for the fans but it what it is

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  10. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    That’s not quite my point. You’re right of course, but this fight - more than any - will have immense pressure for it to be held in the UK. The media, government etc would want it.

I think the money would be here in the UK too. The fight is enormous and it’s a once in a generation spectacle. I don’t think it’ll happen in Saudi.

11. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Eddie must be in full panic mode now. Whyte was his blocker to push Fury- AJ back as far as possible. Now he is in real trouble - the public must see this fight early 2021

12. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Would be the biggest sporting event in UK in decades, absolutely enormous fight and the biggest in history. The country would stop for the night.

13. DirtyOldTown

Jul 24, 2016
    Both fighters already have enough money than they can even count, so how much is enough? It's up to them to insist the fight takes place in UK, they are the ones with the power. I know broadcasters and promoters have a huge say but if they both insist only in the UK then it'll happen one way or another.

14. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Why would Fury want the fight to be in the UK?

Matchroom and the British Boxing Board would work against him.

He doesn't even have a British license.

15. DirtyOldTown

Jul 24, 2016
    Because it's a history fight.

So? He's got his own management and promotional team you know and it'll be dual promoted, he's not just going to be "invited" onto a Matchroom card run by Eddie you know :lol: