Canelo Alvarez is probably P4P #1 heading into 2020

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TEAM_LOMA, Jun 19, 2019.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I know I'm a bit late but I'm sure you understand some of use have lives outside this place. Anyway, you're off as usual.....

What do you think clenbuterol is used for? You know it's not a steroid right?

It's a fat reducer. According to what I have read some athletes in poor countries use clenbuterol with other anabolic steroids for muscle gain, but not clen alone for that purpose. So I'm not sure what you said about long term benefits applies in this situation.

If it's minimal, then it probably wasn't blatant ya think? Maybe the SMARTL lab director's comments are spot on when he said that the findings are consistent with consuming contaminated meat.

I know you like to be negative when it comes to Canelo for certain things such as this, and that's fine, you have every right to believe what you want to because quite frankly we do not know 100% sure Canelo wasn't using clen for an advantage of some sort (what advantage remains to be known), just like we don't know 100% Floyd wasn't using saline to flush PEDs out. That's the honest truth. Canelo has done more than any fighter to prove he is clean. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

It is a fact he popped dirty. It's also a fact Daniel Eichner lab director for SMRTL said it was consistent with the consumption of tainted meat. Also a fact that he took a hair follicle test that can detect blatant clen use and PED use for more than a year back and the results came back clean.

Its funny how some of you want to believe that Canelo would walk around a mobile lab to test every piece of beef he is about to consume. The fact is that Canelo is a celebrity, he travels a lot, makes appearnces, gets invited to dinners and parties and it would be absurd and impossible to have every piece of beef tested.

Here are somethings that YOU need to consider if you want to have an intelligent discussion regarding this topic:
    - Why do athletes use clen? (fat reducer)
    -Why would he use clen before training camp started???
    -How long are the active effects of clen? (six days)
    -How long is clen detectable through blood , hair and urine samples? (Weeks for hair and blood, more than a year for hair)

P4P lists mean very little. I'm sure no one in Canelo's team is losing any sleep if you don't rate him P4P#1. What matters is being champion, undisputed and lineal.

To summarize what I said for thos who are lay or don't have much interest in the topic:

-Canelo tested positive for clen on Feb. 17th, 2018
    -Canelo had been partying and had a huge dinner with Carlos Slim and Bill Clinton on February 5th, 2018
    -Canelo's fight was in May
    -Clen is a fat reducer not a steroid
    -The active effects of clen only last six days
    -Canelo attributed the test to tainted meat
    -Daniel Eichner, SMRTL lab director, VADA certified stated the findings were consistent with the consumption of tainted meat
    -Canelo took a hair follicle test that can detect blatant use of PEDs including Clenbuterol for more than a year back and it came back clean
    -Canelo also passed two more tests a couple weeks after failing the first two
    -Canelo enrolled is VADA's most stringent testing program, no other boxer has to my knowledge
    -Accoring to many, Canelo performed better against GGG in the rematch when he was being tested randomly 365 days of the year

I don't know 100% if Canelo tried to cheat by using clen, but if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt I would say is canelo based on the points above. I have given many fighters the benefit of the doubt, and many of you have too, including Floyd with the strange Saline incident, so I'll be consistent and grant Canelo the same benefit.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  2. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    He's still a Peds cheater plus he's still only a paper champion. Even if he legitimately beat GGG in the next year or two his legacy will be forever tarnished. he'll never be P4P #1 ever!!!!

3. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    GGG'S resume beats CANELO'S he's never popped dirty or had to rely on corrupt officials to get wins he didnt deserve

Mod-Mania likes this.
  4. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    NO fighter gets forgiven by me for popping dirty

Power_tek likes this.
  5. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    clenbutrol is BANNED!! Canelo popped dirty TWICE!!!
    HE'S A PROVEN PED'S CHEAT !!!! Give it up you support a cheater

6. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    But for using illegal wraps yes! We get it

George Crowcroft likes this.
  7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You support Antonio Maragrito

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. Flexb

Flexb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Granted the 2nd fight was closer and GGG's face looked definitely worse for wear, I thought it was close but clear W for GGG. Everyone (canelo fans) went nuts because he didn't run like he did the first fight basically, and fought the way we all thought he would the first time. So instantly Canelo is getting credit simply for coming forward. But GGG kept Canelo right at the end his shots all night, took little half steps back, it was actually brilliant and would have been viewed as that had he KO'd canelo. I also thought GGG had canelo hurt/buzzed a couple times unlike the first fight. Canelo was walking into GGG's shots. Also I didn't like Canelo's body language down the stretch, he looked negative, looked almost frustrated/defeated, although he kept fighting hard. Both men were dog tired but GGG looked the same 1st to 12th, just focused and positive looking (excited almost). If you watch the slo mo punch count numbers on utube, GGG's work was actually similar to the first fight in terms of landing approx. 100 more shots. There's a guy on there that does an amazing job showing each and every shot and not counting shots blocked with elbows or grazing etc. All that said, I don't like GGGs chances in a rematch. He's getting older and even with new trainer, he's bound to hit the wall, while Canelo is just getting better.

9. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    who did that?no one I know

10. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    There is absolutely no proof Tony ever cheated in any way so STFU

11. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I am a fan of Canelo, but putting him at number one is absurd. A guy who gets close/arguable decisions at his own weight class is not the best boxer in the whole sport if weight divisions didn’t matter. Unless you make the claim that middleweight is the best division in the sport.
    Would you pick him to beat Lomachenko, Crawford, Spence, Fury etc. if they were all the same size?

12. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    Resume only becomes a factor when you’re comparing dominant victories against elite opposition versus domination against sub-elite competition. Canelo isn’t dominant, and his resume isn’t that far ahead of Lomachenko, Usyk, Crawford. Canelo is the man, fights anyone and is a brilliant boxer. He certainly isn’t pound for pound though. If he clearly beat GGG, Jacobs, Lara etc. and was competitive with Floyd then he would have an argument.

13. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    um yeah no saved by scorecards vs ggg twice after waiting years for him to decline first may I add.. testing positive and barely beating Jacobs.. usyk loma or crawfordall better options the drug test alone should disqualify him for abit.

14. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    He clearly beat Jacobs. That was his most recent fight. On paper his resume shits on Lomachenko's and Crawford's. Neither of those two come close. Whether Canelo really won three or four of his fights is another matter all together.

15. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    The point is Canelo's manner of victories is nowhere near Lomachenko's or Crawford's. How does Canelo arguably losing some of those close fights not factor into it? That really doesn't make sense in anyway as far as I can tell.