canelo alvarez looking smaller already!?!?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by panchman69, May 21, 2018.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    And the evidence that you have that he "used" is nothing. We know there's a well known contaminated meat issue in Mexico where plenty of athletes have tested positive for clenbuterol. So while we both don't have any solid evidence to be 100% sure either way, the far more likely scenario is that it was due to contaminated meat since that's a known problem in Mexico.

Well you understand it wrong. WADA considers anything less than 1,000 picograms (or 1 nanogram) within the range of contaminated meat. Canelo's first test was 600-800 picograms, or 0.6-0.8 nanograms. As a comparison, Nery and Vargas had samples approximately 1.3 nanograms, which was over WADA's limit, and meat contamination was still accepted.

Yes the first sample was 10x higher than the second sample, 3 days later it was 0.06-0.08 nanograms. What about the second test being 1/10th of the first test indicates that it wasn't from contaminated meat? The fact is both samples are considered trace amounts and well within WADA's limit for contaminated meat.

It's really apples to oranges when you're comparing Canseco's situation and baseball players in the 80s and 90s who used PEDs to make it easier to hit home runs vs current boxers. Swinging a baseball bat is very different than being a prize fighter. There are different skills involved, different schedules involved. Baseball players have to perform pretty much every day for 6 months out of the year. Using the kind of steroids that Canseco did and other baseball players did in his era is much more dangerous than ingesting trace amounts of a fat burner like clenbuterol, a substance that is known to be in Mexican meat.

I'm not being naive when it comes to boxers being tempted to use banned substances to increase their performance. However when you are being randomly tested to the extent that boxers like Canelo are, it's a completely different situation to what Canseco was able to do in baseball during his career when there was no testing procedures in place in baseball.

Understand that we're talking drastically different substances from what Canseco was on vs what Canelo tested positive for.

2. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    I haven't been able to find any information on Liam Smith's team having words about stacking with Canelo, and Canelo looking embarrassed. Can you provide your source as to where you learned this information?

3. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    The rules aren't "clear" anotherwords it doesn't mention anything about stacking being illegal lol. Loeffler and Sanchez tried to make up their own rule and apply it against Canelo.

Nowhere in the rule books does it say anything about Canelo's style of hand wraps being illegal. The scandal here is that it appears that Loeffler and Sanchez have been applying an unwritten rule to fighters over a long period of time in telling fighters how they can and cannot wrap hands despite their being no rule about it.

4. elbonzoseco

elbonzoseco Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    So you conveniently ignore the quotes given in the article.

Loeffler “called the New York Commission. He called the California Commission; he talked to the heads. I talked to the organization presidents, which were (Daryl) Peoples (of the IBF) and (Mauricio) Sulaiman (of the WBC). I talked to the people at the ABC (Association of Boxing Commissions). Tom talked to (noted cornerman Jacob) ‘Stitch’ Duran and some other guys that wrap hands – and that’s definitely illegal and that’s definintely not allowed in our rules. Everybody said that.

So I guess Loeffler just made this up in your world.

5. elbonzoseco

Nov 13, 2010
    This content is protected

Tolak80 likes this.
  6. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    The quotes were from Sanchez. Sanchez "said" that "everybody said" they were "definitely illegal". But none of those people are actually quoted as saying that stacking is illegal. And why would they, it's not in the rules.

It's obvious that Sanchez thinks that they are illegal lol, and he says that Loeffler called all these people and he says that Loeffler said that those people said they were illegal. If stacking is illegal then why isn't it in the rules?

Even Loeffler stated that the wording of the rules is ambiguous. So you really have to ask yourself why would those heads of commisions say to Loeffler something is illegal that isn't in their rules as illegal?

7. elbonzoseco

Nov 13, 2010
    So you're saying they made all these calls up? Team Smith never had an issue with Canelos wraps? Ronnie Shields did not have to intervene? Everything is fabricated in shadow-lala-land?

8. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Oh yeah I watched this before, there seems to be an argument about it. The Smith team member objected at first, the inspector says at 1:36 "this is good for me" then he says "if you wanna make a complaint we take the wraps" and the Smith team member says "stop stop stop no problem stop I'll take a picture now" so the Smith team member on behalf of Smith decided to not file a complaint. At 2:00 "Liam is free to do it" (to wrap the hands like that) "it's normal" (the inspector nods his head yes)

Inspector 2:15 "He" (Smith) "is able to do it the same way he want"

Inspector 2:20 "The only thing we don't want is any tape on skin" (then he clairifies only 6 inches because apparently that's what Smith's side wanted)

"Only 6 inches of tape on skin that's it"

3:05 inspector makes it clear they don't have any tape on the knuckles in Texas.

So it's clear that the Smith's team objected to how Canelo's hands were being wrapped, likely becuase they didn't see hands wrapped like that before. However, the inspector informed them that those wraps were in fact legal and he went over what is illegal. (more than 6 inches of tape on skin, tape on the knuckles, etc) Any questions?

This fight was in Texas so this video shows that Canelo's wraps were in fact legal in another commission besides Nevada.

9. elbonzoseco

Nov 13, 2010
    yeah only in nevada...... Team smith later also says that two layers were agreed upon in the meeting but they are using 4.

10. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    I don't know what Sanchez made up, but given his credibility on the issue and his obvious incentive to defend his position that they are illegal, I wouldn't rule out anything that he'd put words into people's mouth to support his stance that they were illegal. The point is, the quotes were from Sanchez, not from those people.

Here you are trying to put words in my mouth lol. I never said "Smith never had an issues with Canelos wraps" I asked to provide the source. And yes as I responded to Smith's camp did object, but the inspector (like with Sanchez) informed him that the "stacking" method were legal in Texas.

I was well aware of the situation with Lara and Ronnie Shields. I know he objected to Canelo's wraps as well. I'm not sure what "it" means when Shields is quoted as saying "They tried to do it and I stopped them from doing it". If "it" is stacking then how could he have stopped them from doing it in 2014 since the NSAC inspector last year made it clear that it's legal?

The problem here is all this information is coming from Sanchez. Sanchez is saying that all these heads of commisions said that stacking's illegal. (according to a phone conversation between Loeffler and them). But yet every time Canelo's hands wraps have been objected to, the inspectors has informed Canelo's opposition that they are in fact legal. Further, there's nothing in the rules that says they are illegal. So I mean we're supposed to believe Sanchez that all these other people "heads of commisions" said on the phone to Loeffler that stacking is illegal, but yet it's not in the rules and these people aren't quoted directly? Obviously Sanchez has an incentive to convince the public that they are illegal, even though they're not lol. Is he making up all this stuff about all these people saying they are illegal? Who knows, but it's hard to believe that heads of commisions would say something is illegal that isn't illegal in their rules !

11. elbonzoseco

Nov 13, 2010
    Ronnie Shields is obviously refering to stacking and you know that as well.
    But I agree that there's way too much wiggle room, I guess I'll just write a little email to the california state commision and hope for an answer.

12. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Well if Ronnie Shields was referring to "stacking" in general, then it doesn't really make any sense that he was able to stop them from doing it. Maybe he got them to trim the length of the gauze or something, but what would have caused Canelo's team to stop stacking? Maybe Sheilds believes that his objections were able to stop the stacking of Canelo's wraps at a certain point, but still then Canelo would have partially stacked hand wraps which were confirmed as legal by the inspector. And if that was the case, then why was Shields able to implement his own unwritten rule and get away with telling Canelo's team how to wrap his hands when there isn't a rule about it? I mean, we know now that the NSAC inspector allowed it in 2017, so then why would Canelo's team have been forced to stop wrapping his hands that way from Shield's objection in 2014? Are we supposed to believe that even though it's legal, that Canelo's team up and decided not to stack further after Shield's objection or that they were somehow forced to?

All this objecting to something that is perfectly legal just comes off as whining, complaining and not knowing the rules. It's amazing that 3 seperate opponents of Canelo have objected to his style of hand wraps without knowing the rules and what is considered illegal. It's pathetic honestly.

13. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    There’s a video on YouTube Artorias boxing

14. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Empty vessels etc etc ...your wall of texts are Bull crap & you must have a lot of time on your hands ...lonely boy!

15. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Canelo could be the central character in a new Tim Burton fantasy film - "The Adventures of the Incredible Shrinking Ginger"

Makeup artist - Fishnets of course.