Canelo Alvarez Power?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by MU_01, Dec 27, 2012.

1. pecho26

pecho26 ESB Lurker Full Member

Nov 19, 2010
    You know me so you know lol,you cant be further from the thruth.
    if you were injured while you were doing cleans and jerks then you had **** poor technique,thats why you are blabbering stupid **** all the time.
    Im gueesing you were one A)of those guys going to the gym trying to lift heavy cause other guys were too but you couldnt manage to do a proper squat so you injured yourself 123123 times and now youre blaming weights instead of your lack of knowledge.
    B)you didnt lift a weight in all of your life,and now your talking against them.Im betting its this one.
    Your lack of knowledge or trollism is shocking,while i love bodyweight exercises,i cannot get through my head why are you so against weighlifting.Must be a personal thing :/

2. 123ko

123ko Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    the guys been boxing all is life i think he turned pro at the age of 15,,which means two things = he as a great boxing family to keep him on the right track & if you learned your job day in & day out for as long has canelo as then you would be the best at what you do

from a coaching point of view when leaning something practise your actions slowly making shour your movements are correct then speed up once the brain as been trained

3. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Agree with this.

A lot of people ask what the point of coaches like Hunter doing slow padwork is, I think it's to do with not just refining the technique, but also to get the fighter think about what they're doing.

4. dempsey1234

dempsey1234 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Canelo, has 2 brothers I believe who are pro's. He also has a great trainer in the father and son team of Chepo and his son Alex.
    Very astute that is very true, I ve heard people say, "he's making so and so slower, well that's the reason they are learning the moves speed will come.

5. ROACH

ROACH Boxing Addict banned

Sep 27, 2012
    LOL.

Alright, you can think what you want to think, but I lifted for 13 years.

Luckily, thank the Lord, I managed to get very few injuries, but in my own personal observation, I find that bodyweight excercise is superior to weights.

The only weight lifting techinque I think is useful is the deadlift, and even then I would use a hex bar as opposed to a straight bar.

At the end of the day, it's your body. You can do what you want with it, but I find it hard to believe that it was designed to manipulate hundreds of lbs of weights on a daily basis every day of your life.

Like I said, maybe it's just me that feels more limber and fleet footed since I've abandoned weights, but I find this hard to believe.

6. pecho26

pecho26 ESB Lurker Full Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I guees then when wrestlers lift their sparring partners every day are doing harmful exercises.:huh
    It is you.Get over it.You are wrong.

7. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    This is a very broad statement. In what way do you feel bodyweight is superior to weights? What are you training for?

What makes the deadlift superior to the squat?

Your body evolved to adapt to extreme stresses. Moving a few hundred pounds a day isn't much at all.

Plenty of athletes that are far faster than you, stronger than you, can jump further and higher than you use weights regularly in their training. If you feel lifting weights made you slower or whatever that's your opinion. Do some research into how to train correctly and try again while applying that knowledge, you'll notice a difference as do athletes that use weights.

8. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I don't know why he says oral stability though, that's not correct terminology for anything. He means the vestibular system, I think he got confused with the vestibule (means hole) of the mouth and just says oral stability. It annoys me and I don't like when people don't get to the point either.

9. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    You lifted for 13 years and you brag about doing 1000 in the three lifts? No wonder they ****ed you up, you must have been doing something very wrong to improve that little in all that time. Seriously, how big are you?

10. ROACH

ROACH Boxing Addict banned

Sep 27, 2012

I see you talk all this ****, even to that gay English dude, but he posts all this **** about his life, and you so scared you ain't put up ****.

You a *****.

Either that, or you're lefty. I think you're lefty.

Why you a big time hater? So, now you gotta be a trainer and rub grown men down with oil and massage their ball sacks.

You picked that type of lifestyle.

Don't get mad at other people.

Anyway, I didn't **** myself up...as far as I know. Never say never though. God can take anything away that you cherish, so I don't want to say anything.

My point is, put up a video of you punching hard before and after. IF not, you just a ***** that runs his mouth.

11. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    :lol:

12. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    God can suck my hairy ball sack because he is non-existent, much like your brain :good

13. dempsey1234

Jun 25, 2012
    So sayeth you who are all seeing and all knowing, amen. Just curious you mentioned "hairy ball sack ", are you missing the other part, it's usually "suck" that part, but since you are all knowing and all seeing, you know better then us. Thank you for gracing this forum with your all knowing and all seeing self.:verysad:fart

14. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Although talking about 'hairy ball sacks' is something I never planned on here, I'm fairly sure he said just that :yep

15. dempsey1234

Jun 25, 2012
    Do you know him? Why are you excusing his behavior, calling people names and such? My thread was embarrassing but what he says is ok, hmmm!