Canelo Alvarez will announce his next opponent Tuesday 6pm UK Time

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Scotty Cork, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse Member banned Full Member

Jan 20, 2024
    I said the perfect fight for Canelo. Not the perfect fight. An ass beating from Benavidez is not the perfect fight for Canelo:) A lay up vs a popular Mexican fighter which will be a showcase fight and a big ppv IS perfect for him.

Cool so you totally didn't answer my question other than stating Canelo can do what he want because he's the boss. God Canelo fans are the worst.

2. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Because I'm a little annoyed at 168 not fighting each other for years. Plant, Saunders, Smith, Benavidez, Ryder were al at 168 and were for the most part avoiding each other waiting to hit the lottery while Canelo was picking them off.

All of a sudden Coke head, fat Benavidez decides to fight Plant after Canelo destroyed him, and then Andrade who is a small MW let alone SMW.

Canelo paid his dues, and as much as I do want to see him fight Benavidez sooner than later because he's not getting younger, I get his doing what's right for him..
    ... it's time these young cats take a page from Canelo and start fighting the best.

Badbot likes this.
  3. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    What was your question.. and no, Canelo haters are the worst.

4. Eclipse

Jan 20, 2024
    So you are so annoyed at the 168 guys not fighting each other despite Benavidez actually fighting two top opponents last year, you prefer Canelo fights someone who fought nobody at 160 or 168.. Cool fan boy logic.

5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Benavidez fought and decisioned Canelo's son, when Canelo KTFO his son.

Andrade is a blown up 154 fighter.

If Benavidez wasn't being a drug addict and a fatass he would have been a titlist and had his shot at Canelo.

Instead Canelo made history by unifying 168, and he did it in one year by beating Smith, Saunders, and Plant.

And while Yes, Benavidez is now the #1 contender for the WBC, Canelo at the tail end of his career is collecting all the chips he can.

So young David will have to wait and hope Canelo doesn't lose.

6. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I don't think it will be a big ppv but yes I see what you mean. Disappointed for all the fans if this the case.

7. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    That couldn't happen could it not. He fought all the belt holders in consecutive fights pretty much, them fighting anyone but Canelo would have held up the division.

Benavidez knocked out Dirrell 7 years ago, he isn't old news. I get Canelo unifying over facing him, fine I agree with that choice. But since unifying Benavidez has been the clear choice at SMW for him to fight, more deserving than anyone else he has or will fight.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. Eclipse

Jan 20, 2024
    You mean ducking? Glad you agree. If you think Canelo intends to fight Benavidez when he is 35 years old, you are smoking something.

9. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Well Canelo decided to try his luck against the Light Heavyweight Champion and failed. Then he took a couple easy fights, well one was against Ryder who this site swore deserved the fight over Smith. So he actually took one gimme fight against Charlo.

I get it though, in an ideal world we want Canelo Benavidez.. but Canelo is always held to higher standards than everyone else despite him doing more than everyone else.

So if he wants to make easy money now, I'm not going to hate. Good on him.

10. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    And even then, if he doesn't ever fight Benavidez and you call him a ducked until your blue in the face.. he will go down as a greater fighter than Benavidez.

11. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    I want to see Canelo vs Charlo. It's more interesting.

Then Benavidez should fight Morrell and the winner should fight Munguia. And the final winner should fight Canelo.

Lecowas likes this.
  12. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    He's a champion, he gets held to championship standards, which is defending against the best contenders.

There isn't a single champion out there that people want to avoid the number 1 contender.

13. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    There's been many champions who have avoided the #1 or other champions in the same division.

Why do you lie to yourself?

14. Eclipse

Jan 20, 2024
    Even if that turns out to be true, history will always remember Canelo was scared to ever step into the ring with Benavidez.:))

15. MismatchHypejob

MismatchHypejob Active Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2022
    Another opponent coming to lie down for the pay day

Thunderstorm likes this.