Canelo and his legal, illegal handwraps.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Ukansodoff, Jul 8, 2018.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Why bother responding if you refuse tu refute anything.

2. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    I like how you think you can tell me what this is done for when you have clearly never dealt with this before. Amazing.

kriszhao and Dirsspaardis like this.
  3. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Go be overly emotional to someone else ASSOL...

4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    crazy thread. i understand why canelo fans are defending their boy, i have favorites too, i defend spence and mikey all the time from a lot of nonsense, but you got to choose your battles and stand on defensible ground only. otherwise, youre just a fanboy cheerleader making excuses for a grown man that dont need his momma protecting him from the mean haters.

kriszhao likes this.
  5. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    So you understand that Canelo's wraps are perfectly legal and Abel Sanchez is a big drama queen.

6. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Abel must wrap Golovkin's hands the same way. Let Canelo's team be the one complaining about illegal wraps when they realise their ginger biscuit is about to be snapped in half.

7. ATG22

ATG22 Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2014
    I’ll lose respect for Abel if he doesn’t stack the sh1t out of Golovkin’s wraps.

He better train himself for 12 weeks of stacking.

You know, to protect his fighter’s hands ;)

kriszhao and BCS8 like this.
  8. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Thats the thing, he clearly doesnt have a clue what he’s talking about yet acts like “been there, done that so listen son”. Hilarious and sad at the same time.

9. Dirsspaardis

Mar 2, 2017
    Theres a reason those wraps are not legal and are considered dangerous.

I’ll lose respect for them if they do use wraps like that. With Golovkins power, he can easily criple ginger and only a sick person would do that to prove a point or get even.

Flamazide likes this.
  10. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006

According to Clenolette, Assol, it's legal. So GGG should be allowed to stack his gloves like CLENELO in the rematch. Nothing wrong with it, ask our ESB wrap and tainted meat expert, ISAL and shadow.What happens to Clenelo's face and eye after the fight is not our fault.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    kriszhao, Beouche and BCS8 like this.
  11. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Oh, hey, whoa.

So you want Canelo to use stacked wraps against Golovkin, but GGG has to face him at a fairly significant disadvantage? I'm not OK with that. I think it would be stupid of Sanchez to let Canelo enjoy his stacked wraps while Golovkin eats rocks all night long.

To me its simple.

If Canelo wraps first and he uses stacked wraps, make it clear that GGG will be doing the same. Maybe Clenelo will rethink his wraps when faced with the prospect of concrete wraps on Golovkin's fists. If he doesn't use stacked wraps, then likewise use normal wraps.

If Golovkin wraps first, use stacked wraps. If Clenelo's team objects, wrap normally but make it clear that they need to wrap normally too.

In other words, make it clear that Team GGG wants to use normal wraps, but if Pedvarez wants to stack them, then he's facing the prospects of a much harder puncher in Golovkin using the same method.

kriszhao likes this.
  12. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Seems only Mexicans wraps like that tape then gauze then tape again. Robert Garcia mentioned he does it to a lot of his fighters with Mikey and he also mentioned Tito Trinidad.

In New York apparently he wrapped Mikey's hands with tape over the knuckle against Salido.Which is no longer allowed. Why isn't it allowed now?
    but allowed when Mikey fought? sometimes it's the governing bodies fault.

So maybe Tripple G needs to wrap his hand Mexican style. Tape, gauze, tape again. If Canelo wraps that way then GGG should do as well.

13. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    No.

I'm sure you're joking, but I also am not fond of the idea of even jokingly attacking Mexicans on a manner like this especially when Mexican handwraps are a thing. Making this claim is dangerous because it can make misinformed people think that this is actually how Mexicans are taught to wrap their hands.

For those wondering, Mexican style handwraps are made from a more elastic material. The only difference is how much they stretch. I actually prefer these to be honest but it isn't a huge difference. They feel tighter on the hand which is nice. I suppose the downside is that you can wrap it too tightly and you can cut off circulation but that is a risk with any wrap and if that happens it is because you made a mistake and is not the fault of the wraps/material.

Dirsspaardis likes this.
  14. Dirsspaardis

Mar 2, 2017
    Irrelevant.

15. Dirsspaardis

Mar 2, 2017
    I think both Golovkin and ginger are responsible for themselves and only themselves. Ive never been a supporter of “oh you did this? I’m going to do the same now” way of thinking.
    Theres no need to go down to someones level to teach them a lesson.