Canelo Bivol rounds 1-4 - "close fight" comprehensively debunked debunked

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Quina74, May 10, 2022.

1. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    On first watch I scored it 11-1, 12,0..But I also could see, if being generous, that Canelo won 3 rounds. Now I've heard few people mention that Canelo won first four rounds. All judges unanimously gave the first 4 rounds. I'm going to comprehensively debunk this and I'll be as unbiased as I possibly can. I've watched rounds 1 to 4 switching between normal and slow motion to see what lands and to gauge each punches impact. I'll be going through everything that appears to land land second by second.

ROUND 1
    2:20 Bivol lands a good jab as Canelo is coming in.
    2:10 unclear whether Bivols right hand gets through from the angle. Possibly
    2:01 jab from Bivol possibly land again angle
    1:38 jab from Bivol
    1:22 right hand to body from Canelo as Bivol is retreating
    1:15 hard to see whether jab lands for Bivol
    0:55 possible bodyshot from Bivol. Clearly lands one jab, and also possible hybrid jab/left hook
    0:51 Bivol lands a jab but its somewhere between a probing jab and full extension jab
    0:46 jab from Bivol
    0:37 Bivols jab arguably lands, again difficult to see camera angle
    0:30 at least one jab and right hand possibly land for Bivol. Followed by a clear body shot then left uppercut through Canelo's guard and possible right hook behind Canelo's guard that also hits Canelo's glove
    0:22 Jab possibly lands from Bivol again, difficult to see because camera angles
    0:14 finally, a clean jab from Canelo
    0:13 heavy jab from Bivol, possibly a right hand (again camera angles), then jab
    0:00 possible uppercut lands for Canelo, does not look like it has any real impact.

The fact any judge scored this round to Canelo is a disgrace. @shadow111 I know you are biased, but watch this round back, theres absolutely zero case for Canelo winning that round. In confirmed punches, Bivol lands the harder and much more frequent punches. The camera angles are dififuclt but suggest there were a lot of hard to see punches landed from Bivol.

ROUND 2
    2:46 jab from Bivol
    2:43 heavy jab from Bivol followed by another
    2:36 jab from Canelo, though it looks like Bivol is pulling away. It connects nevertheless somewhat
    2:31 flashy well placed uppercut. But in all honesty, it doesn't look like it has much in it.
    2:12 1-2 from Bivol. The 2 is solid and connects
    2:10 solid stiff jab Bivol
    2:03 uppercut from Canelo doesn't land
    1:58 not sure if any of these jabs are landing for Bivol, possibly, but again Camera angles
    1:52 jab lands from Bivol, right hand clips Canelo side of head
    1:48 left hook from Bivol possibly lands (camera)
    1:45 jab possibly lands from Bivol, right hand lands clean from Bivol rocking Canelo's head back
    1:42 right hookk from Canelo mostly taken on Bivols gloves but looks like it does connect. Low bodyshot from Canela
    1:32 right hand lands from Bivol
    1:16 Bivol blocks Canelo's right hook/hand
    1:09 shot from Canelo appears to ge through but Bivols forearms gloves appear to dampen. Follows up with right hand to body.
    0:59 aggressive shots from Bivol. First right hand possibly lands, heavy jabs lands as Wells right to body from Bivol
    0:53 possible jab lands from Bivol
    0:40 jab from Bivol
    0:36 Bivols jab lands, his second quick right hand lands hard to see normal speed, then a body pucnh from Bivol appears to land
    0:30, 0:26 Canelo doing what he does best. Punch arms.
    0:22 Canela body punch

This round is absolutely Bivols, you have to reach high for the stars to give it to Canelo. Canelo landed what appears to be a good shot that also connects with Bivols guard. He also lands 1 or 2 good body punches.. And a nice uppercut (it was flahsy, not so much powerful). Bivol not only landed the more frequent and cleaner work but a lot of his punches had steam on them. I'm basing him winning this round without taking into account there were many angles were it looked like Bivol landed jabs but couldn't see from the angle as well as ignoring the countless times Bivol was pittting and tapping Canelo's head. Theres a very poor case for Canelo this round is say this was a 63-35 round for Bivol.

ROUND 3

2:52 Bivols jab looks like it jolts Canelo's head downward. This is followed by 3 jabs, 2 to head one to body. Difficult to see what lands but Id err on the fact something definitely landed there
    2:52 Bivol throws righr hand to body follows up with stiff jab and also right hand that slightly tweaks Canelo's iron dome.
    2:37 Canelo slap
    2:34 left hand from Canelo to body. They both nod as if it were low. Doesn't appear rlow.
    2:26 flashy uppercut landed from Canelo. Honestly, I'm being unbiased as I can, but thya did not look like it has much in it. Still landed nevertheless.
    2:22 heavy jab from Bivol, followed by stiff arming Canelo, then a right hand (all pretty vicious punches). Canelo catches Bivols left hook but it definitely connects slmehwhat behind Canelo's guard.
    2:18 eight hook to the body potentially lands from Bivol
    2:13 Canelo's punch blocked
    2:00 left hook from Canelo around Bs guard
    1:22 punch on neck/traps from Canelo.. Looks like Bivol took a. Lot away with hsi forearms/glvoes
    1:20 heavy jab from Bivol snaps Canelo's head backwards
    1:13 eight hand from the body from Bivol
    1:07 slap from Canela
    0:57 two jabs from Bivol land
    0:53 Canelo's uppercut lands again doesn't have anyhring in it.
    0:25 finally a solid clean punch from Canelo after three rounds - good uppercut from Canelo follows by hook body that I think lands.
    0:18 right hand clips Canelo from Bivol doesn't look damaging but connects. This is followed by a clean right hand connect from Bivol
    0:10 jab to the body

"excellent round Dmitry Bivol" - Dazn commentator
    Spelling out the obvious. Bivol did not only the much more frequent cleaner work but he also inflicted the more damaging shots bar the very good uppercut from Canelo near the end.

If you want to give the round to Canelo based on that then you're a fool. This was a clear Bivol round 70-30 in his favour. You'd be reaching heavily to give it to Canelo.

I'll do round 4 later. But what is absolutely clear, those judges need investigating. Absolutely disgusting. Round 1 for a start there's literally no conceivable way you could give it to Canelo. Round 2 and 3 you would have to be extremely generous to give Canelo these rounds for his low output and getting tagged over and over.

De fukn bunked

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  2. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    I gave Canelo the first 4, round 9 and 10.

pacas likes this.
  3. JohnJax

JohnJax New Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2020
  4. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Right cool, now read my post and watch it properly. I've literally outlined it for youThere's a non existent case for Canelo winning the first, and a very poor case for rounds 2 and 3

5. tealt

tealt Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Boxing is no different than any other sport. There has always been the star treatment. Stars bring in the money. It's always been that way.

6. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    That's interesting, particularly with you giving him Round 10, apparently some fans gave him Round 6 as well. I'm gonna have to rewatch this because all of a sudden we have a bunch more Canelo rounds popping up. I'm a little concerned for Q because I'm not sure he can handle what may happen if I rewatch this fight and really score it. We're getting along so well as it is I'm not sure what me watching the fight again and scoring it would do to that. I'm holding out as long as possible before rewatching it as I want to give Q and others every possible opportunity to come to their senses.

pacas and Potwash like this.
  7. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    He had it a draw bro, what do you think of that? Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

8. Guerra

Guerra Member Full Member

May 23, 2020
    I gave Canelo rounds 2,4 and 9.

Other than being corrupt and giving him a lead I cant look past round 3 being a clear Bivol round.
    Maybe it looked different from ringside?

Jackman65 and kiwi_boxer like this.
  9. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    You are beyond daft. If you score any round 1-3 to Canelo then you're being objectively biased.

Again, I don't need verification or an analysis from any round by you, as you still don't get the concept of clean punching

10. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Very true, but judges like big punches, and Canelo never fails to deliver in that regard. You might outland Canelo, you might outwork Canelo, but when it comes to eye catching flashy shots, there's no one better, that's why he's never out of a round or out of a fight. All it takes is one big shot to turn a round upside down.

pacas likes this.
  11. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Low IQ

12. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Shadow. There's zero case for Canelo winning round one. There's a very poor case for Canelo winning either round 2 or 3 I've outlined it. I'm not trying to be biased. I'm being objective

13. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Hold your horses cowboy, don't jump the gun, I didn't rewatch it yet. I just thought that's interesting that he gave Canelo 1-4 and 9 and 10. Apparently some people thought round 6 was close as well. An interesting thing about Round 10 is how few punches Bivol was credited to land in that round according to Compubox, and Round 11 Canelo landed his most punches according to compubox, he was in double digit landed that round. Bivol actually landed at a lower % than Canelo in Round 10 according to Compubox so we'll have to take a closer look at that round.

The one thing to keep in mind about 1-4 Q is that many people gave each of those rounds to Canelo, like one thing is clear - no one agrees on who won those rounds, it seems that everyone has a different opinion on who won rounds 1-4, so for you to act like they were each clear Bivol rounds is a little fishy, that's why I'm a little concerned about how this ends for you, and we've been getting along so well lately I don't want to do anything to jeopardize that.

14. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    This sounds familiar, zero case huh, you look at all the people who have weighted in on this fight, and most people seem to have Canelo winning at least 2 of the first 4 rounds. I mean the general narrative coming out of the fight was the first 4 rounds were close but then Bivol started taking over after round 5. So however you scored the first 4 rounds, for you to claim there's no case for Canelo winning round 1, well just know that many fans who posted their scores had Canelo winning round 1, while some had winning round 2, others had him winning round 3. So just keep that in mind. There must be something wrong for you to not recognize what others have that these were close rounds. If you don't think they're at least close, which it sounds like you don't, then that's a tad concerning. I'm not judging you on that I'm just saying that's inconsistent with what other people have been saying about those rounds.

15. Guerra

Guerra Member Full Member

May 23, 2020
    Judges favour big shots or flurries regarding who the A side is.
    Fact is that status usually swings a round in a guys favour more often than not.

ShovelHook, pacas and cleglue1 like this.