Canelo Glass Heart Alvarez. Why should we even care about this fighter anymore?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    He ducked the man who was terrorizing (still is) his own division. About as blatantly as you can. By vacating the Middleweight Title Of The World.

That's hard to even comprehend. That the Middleweight champion of the world would lay the belt at another man's feet.

Jesus Christ. For ****s sake man. The World Middleweight Title surrendered to another fighter without even stepping into the ring.

2. cslb

cslb Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Obviously you care since you started this thread.

3. rocky90501

rocky90501 New Member Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    don't watch it.......

IsaL likes this.
  4. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    I'm not watching his fight against Chavez.

5. cslb

Jan 27, 2014
    Neither am I but if you really don't care about him, why start threads about him?

Staminakills and IsaL like this.
  6. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    I said why should we care? You're just strawmanning right now. The point of the thread is why should we care about a fighter who surrenders the damn Middleweight Title Of The World?

7. Nay_Sayer

Nay_Sayer On Rick James Status banned Full Member

May 25, 2009
    Alvarez has a better resume than Bumlovkin does...

inner2deepz, 22JM and IsaL like this.
  8. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    He is good to watch. The fight is irrelevent but i will watch, you never know for once in his life Chavez might actually want this one enough to take his weight and his training seriously. If he does we could get something exciting. If he doesnt then Oscar has once again chosen wisely.

Staminakills and IsaL like this.
  9. Uppercut_Artist

Uppercut_Artist Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Fighting Chavez kills two birds with one stone for GBP.
    First, it's a big fight among Mexicans and will put alot of cash into Canelo and GBP's pockets. Second, it burns some time with little risk.
    GBP is not ready to take the risk of Canelo taking his 1st real MW match against Golovkin, and they also don't want to take the risk of Canelo facing one of the SWW top 3 since they barely scrapped by Lara.
    It's unfortunate but we'll have to wait another 6 months or a year or so before we get to see Canelo against a live competitor. Personally, I believe Canelo beats Golovkin right now. Golovkin has never faced anyone of Canelo's quality, but Canelo has faced opponents exceeding Golovkin's skill set.

What I find interesting is the CW Canelo and Chavez are fighting at. Above MW 160.
    Is it possible that Canelo will face Golovkin at 160+ and then move to SMW, or vice versa?

10. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    And the prize for original thread of the year goes to...

11. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Why should we care about a fighter who has rejected 8 figure dollar offer with PPV upside?

12. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Business side of boxing is never concrete bro. Everybody can say any **** they want and lie.

Laying the belt down is not ambiguous. Canelo surrendered.

iii, Staminakills and chitownfightfan like this.
  13. cslb

Jan 27, 2014
    Well, he still is the lineal middleweight champ so he certainly is relevant with respect to the middleweight division.

14. Uppercut_Artist

Uppercut_Artist Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Believe me. The clock is ticking and although it's K2's game plan, Golovkin won't last long enough to break BHOP's MW defence record.
    One or more of the migrating SWWs are going to get him. His days are numbered.

15. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Good take, just disagree about canelo beats GGG. I think GGG decapitate him, otherwise spot on.