Canelo/Goldenboy sign multi fight deal with DAZN

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Patter983, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Eddie making moves!!

Mighty Moe likes this.
  2. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Hearn knew he had to get this on the channel at all costs. They really need to deliver AJ Wilder in April too (annoyingly won’t happen as we all know) if they are going to make the subscription channel work.

3. Patter983

Jul 20, 2018
    I think Dazn will be a major success, everyone ripping into his current signings and lack of huge names are mainly people who have an agenda with Hearn.

I don't know what people expect , did they think he was going to launch with Canelo GGG , Spence, Wilder etc etc straight away?

slowly but surely I think Hearn will take over with DAZN. Love him or hate him me personally the amount of work and effort he puts into boxing makes him easily the best promoter.

I think a lot of the top American fighters will start to sign over the next 18 months for sure.

Only thing is the model with no PPV just the standard 9.99, is that sustainable with the likes of Canelo as no doubt he is being paid very well in his next few fights. I can see them introducing some sort of ppv option for certain fights.

4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Fair play to Eddie

Mighty Moe likes this.
  5. Patter983

Jul 20, 2018
    Reports saying Del a Hoya dealt with DAZN direct no involvement from Eddie? Surely not!?

destruction likes this.
  6. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I would suspect this is the case. Canelo hasn't joined Matchroom.

Anyhow it's a win for Hearn and co as it will show the other top fighters that DAZN is the place to be.

pow, Infern0121 and Patter983 like this.
  7. MD2013

MD2013 Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hearn didn't do the deal.

But is it is a great move for him & his fighters. Canelo will bring in huge amounts of subs.

destruction likes this.
  8. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    So any danger of Eddie being pushed out after 2 years and De La Hoya being given the money instead?

CutThroatFade and Patter983 like this.
  9. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I wish Eddie success in America because it would be good for boxing. Who knows how it will go. DAZN will need a hell of a lot of subscribers to start turning a profit. They must be hemmoragging money at the moment. ​

10. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Did hearn not originally say DAZN was exclusive to matchroom?
    Obviously they've realised that won't work

11. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Doesn't really make sense if you think about it. Who else has Golden boy got.

DAZN want to expand. If opportunities come up to sign deals with the biggest fighters in the sport they will do that.

Having AJ and Canelo on the platform is massive.

Scissors likes this.
  12. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Why? As long as Hearn delivers good shows and good fights he shouldn't have a problem. The platform is growing and adding content.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  13. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It’s not a win for Eddie IMO if Oscar has gone over his head and done a deal directly with the bosses.

We know how paranoid Eddie gets at the mere mention of people trying to bypass him to speak to Sky bosses about PPV for example.

Eddie will be a worried man right about now- what happens if Oscar fancy’s going for some of the fighters Eddie’s trying to sign if he now has a viable platform..?

I will wait to hear all the details, but this will likely shake things up for Eddie.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  14. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Lol @ this being "bad for eddie"

I'd be SHOCKED of Hearn was anything more than a consultant in this deal , Canelo is the biggest star in the sport

But DAZN just increased their subs by an insane amount which I only good for eddie and takes a lot of pressure off.

Plus other fighters will want in now

Everyone's laughing

BXNG101 likes this.
  15. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Yeah I agree.

Maybe where I was going with my point though was that if DAZN end up signing loads of little deals and big deals with fighters and their promoters, wouldn't that dilute Eddie's part of the deal somewhat?