Canelo Has Become A Murderous Puncher...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, May 9, 2021.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    You need to up your game.
    A good troll is creative, mischievous and cunning. You just make the same two comments over and over.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  2. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    You participate on a boxing forum with 5k posts to your useless name yet literally know nothing.

Please tell me, who in the history of the sport has jumped from 154lbs where they were a decent but not special puncher and arrived at 168lbs to be absolutely murderous? Just one name would be sufficient.

"very young and green" he was in his 8th defense of the WBC super welter title against Mosley.

A 22yr old who cannot knock out former lightweights at 154lbs but someone gained so much power and strength by 30 that he's devastating 168lbers.

hoopsman and JOKER like this.
  3. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    I'm not trying to troll. What I said was so basic that it didn't need explaining. Which is why I haven't felt the need to explain it to you.

4. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    No, you were talking nonsense and decided to troll.
    But hey, maybe it really is something basic but the thing is that I might just not know what you are talking about. But for some reason, you decided not to answer my question.

There is something you know. There is something I don´t know. And you are just refusing to explain to me.
    I don not get the logic there.

5. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Hey, pal. You figure it out yet?

6. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    Canelo at 154 was a weight bully though, coming in at 170+ in a few titles, and that weight cut / rehydration affected his power AND stamina.

I think as much as they were cheap title grabs, his Rocky Fielding @ 168 and Kovalev @175 bouts were also Canelo testing the waters to see where he was most comfortable and could best utilise the extra power - and it seems he has settled on 168, for now.

I don't see it as that far out of the realm of possibility, he couldn't walk through Jacobs (knocked down by Sergio Mora ffs) or GGG.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    MarkusFlorez99 and HellSpawn86 like this.
  7. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Agh, man , the whole point of being a weight bully though is precisely to blow away smaller men. Weight bullies are almost always (without exception) big punchers in their divisions.

Being an overrated puncher at 154lbs and turning into a murderous puncher at 168 makes no logical sense.

Well, unless your loaded to the gils on Clen and whatever else they are using in the Reynoso camp.

Lazar likes this.
  8. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    There is a tipping point where it get's to being drained, and I believe Canelo hit that point against Cotto - of course that's what I think is his most shameful / annoying action - vacating 160 rather than face GGG when it was his then perfect weight class.

Additionally Canelo has heavily altered his style, and is loading up on single shots (mostly body-hooks) and putting EVERYTHING into them, as opposed to the lighter more fluid counters and combinations he was doing before the two GGG fights.

I'm pretty impartial to be honest, just call it like I see it. The evidence doesn't really scream tinfoil hat stuff to me. That said, would I be shocked and surprised if it came out that he was a roid-moster? No, not really. Not many boxers these days would surprise me trying to get an edge and crossed over into the illegal. They risk getting caught and tarnishing everything, that's on them.

9. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    There is nothing to figure out. What you said is just false and to boot, you are a troll:

You just post the same thing over and over. Booring!

10. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    So no.

11. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Ginger hair mate, you need to be a ginger and if you are not you wouldn't understand!

MagicE likes this.
  12. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    So powerful he couldn't replicate what Pirog did to Jacobs with multiple shots.

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  13. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Can´t figure out stupidity :p
    You are what you are.

14. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    This is an overlooked point.

Whenever Canelo has a training camp he focused on one key punch that is meant to break down the specific opponent he's facing. I believe for Amir Khan he spent a lot of time working on Body shots since the last thing he wanted was to chase around a lanky guy with blazing hand speed all night.

Against Saunders we did see him working on uppercuts in training camp and from the very 1st round we saw him going for that punch. It wasn't a fluke regardless of if he was taking anything extra to enhance his punches.

Then you factor in that he got Saunders conditioned to duck and he literally ducked face first into a nasty uppercut. A counter can have 2x the power of a normal punch, especially if you move forward into it. Saunders had built up prior damage before the last devastating uppercut he landed.