Canelo - Juiced to the gills

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Before anyone jumps on me, hear me out. Two important points to start:

I'm no Smith fanboy. I rate Smith highly but predicted Canelo to take him out with a bodyshot. I was wrong. Smith was game as they come. I'm very surprised.

I'm no Canelo hater. I'm not a fan for the very reasons I'll touch on but I respect his ability. He was sensational tonight. Every punch in the book. A chin like we've never seen before.

However, I have my suspicions about what I seen tonight. Anyone who's followed Canelo knows he often tires after 6. Tonight, he got stronger after 6. I mean his work rate after 6 was insane. Huge punch output. But look, that can be explained. Canelo has done 12 rounds several times.

Regardless of anything else, the alarm bells rang for me tonight when I seen Canelo in between rounds. The man didnt take deep breath. My bird says to me; "how is he so fresh?" And that's my question. Smith was battered but credit to the man, he burst Canelo with hard boxes to the head and body all night. We know Callum can bang and he was landing bits and pieces every round.

The deciding factor for me was Canelo after the fight. Looked like he just got out of bed. I remember when Lance Armstrong got caught, they said look at him when he was half way up a hill on a bike, not breathing heavy. Unnatural. That was Canelo tonight. Smith hit him with a lot of heavy body and head shots, Canelo didn't take a breath. 12 heavy rounds. Something not right there.

Am I mad? Perhaps. Just a passionate observation.

2. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    To see the juice, look at the gills(traps).

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    He’s defo used and got caught - as did Billy Joe Saunders. What’s interesting about the pair of them is as soon as they get popped neither can make Middle any more. They moved up (Canelo did have the GGG rematch 1st).

EJC83, Jurgen and Sap1en like this.
  4. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    BJS is a typical gypsy grifter. Doped up to the gills and crying about it afterwards. Real talk Fury is lucky that a past his prime Klitschko didn't fight a clean version of him.

5. TheWorstEver(TWE)

TheWorstEver(TWE) Active Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    We already know he takes PED'S, he was caught doing it. You don't think he was just going to stop do you.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  6. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    From round nine i think it was he just stood up in his corner between rounds as well. I think that is a new thing

Toney F*** U likes this.
  7. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    To be fair, Smith did not offer much resistance. Easy explanation.

carllo90, BaronSamedi and Accurate like this.
  8. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    No doubts about it-even been caught at it.

You can almost see that ready brek glow!

Toney F*** U and BXNG101 like this.
  9. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Shock news - Elite athlete suspected of PED use :)

10. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Im not convinced personally. Smith was game but he really was just a punchbag. Canelo was not the least bit bothered about what was coming back and just walked him down and landed shots

tdf1974, Reinhardt and kevinreid001 like this.
  11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I sound like a broken record, repeating the same thing over and over.

Professional sport is rife with hot sauce. The two are synonymous. If you want to reach the top, or top levels, you aren't going to cope without dope.

Anti-doping policy and governance are ineffective. Anti-doping governance relies on "charitable donations" and is awash with corruption. The testing itself is ineffective and you would need to be a klutz to flag a positive. If you're glowing, then anti-doping governance has been known to be paid off to sit one out.

Nobody on the forum seems to wonder why outed "dopers" are pretty much never vilified by their fellow sportsmen. Look at the respect Povetkin garners. Can you image if you had been beaten black and blue by a "convicted cheat"? You'd be furious and you would want to take legal action. It's because they are all on the hot sauce. Some are more obvious than others.

The fact is, high level "medical outfits" and "sports doctors" are always several steps ahead of anti-doping.

Search Google Scholar for Bengt Kayser and Barrie Houlihan. Buy "The Secret Race" for £2 or £3 off of eBay.

12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Spot on. I’ve said before, I’m a sports professional who works primarily with fighters but also with multi sport athletes. It’s rife enough in recreational and semi pro sport. For professionals it’s just the norm, as natural as drinking a protein shake or getting a massage. I remember an IFL interview with Tyson a few years back where he claimed that everyone was on the juice and stated that if you couldn’t beat them then join them. A few years later the contaminated meat suckered him and Hughie. I recently posted that a professional footballer I work with was caught and suspended for the season yet the club simply announced that he was out with an ACL tear.

13. MGGGM Grand

MGGGM Grand Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Standing up in-between rounds isn't anything new. He did it the entire fight with Chavez

Suspect.chin and pow like this.
  14. PatCash

PatCash Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    All elite fighters have heavy PED regimes its nothing new, Smith will also take PEDs its just Canelo is a freakishly skilled fighter

Suspect.chin and Toney F*** U like this.
  15. effigy

effigy Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2008
    The reaction of your peers when you get caught is the most telling sign.

In many other sports, a positive test would make you an outcast, a pariah within that sport. Both the fans and fellow competitors.

In boxing, you're welcomed back into the fold. In fact, it's rarely brought up after in general, even for guys that pop multiple times.

Says more about the levels of use than anything else. When most guys are on the same stuff that a guy just got caught with, it's best not to mouth off in case you get caught down the line.

Glenn McKrory likes this.