Canelo made a big mistake suing DAZN & De La Hoya.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sheikh, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Again, I never said that Canelo will be picking his opponents at will, but I doubt that DAZN will be either. It won’t be so clear cut. It may well be a ranking system. I.e. each opponent either has to be a top 5 ranked opponent, or a world champion, with a minimum of y world champions in total.

I dare say that Canelo was in the position of strength when he came to the table with DAZN, given that boxing was their first sport in the States, and Canelo is the biggest boxing attraction. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he does hold better cards than DAZN. Let’s be honest, COVID will be hurting them a lot more than it is Canelo.

2. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2020
    Canelo is a pampered spoiled brat. I don’t even like Oscar, but he went above and beyond to MADE Canelo who he is today. Dude basically treat Canelo like a god and has done an amazing job promoting him as a non-English speaking boxing superstar, but at the same time, Oscar was always incompetent about the actual business side of things. I hope all parties involved take a massive L.

George Crowcroft and BCS8 like this.
  3. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    These are non factors as it doesn't matter how prime a fighter is if the market is hampered by Covid 19

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yes and? Isn't that what capitalism is all about? Now tell me, where would Canelo be if De La Hoya did not truly believe in him, hype him like mad, made sure he got all of those multi million dollar deals from Showtime, HBO and DAZN and made sure all of those sketchy decisions went his way? He'd be 48-5-2, and an also ran avoided as risky by up and coming stars, and he certainly wouldn't be a multi-millionaire..... that's where.

5. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    He just cussin cos Cortez has gone but as long as Kenny, Adelaide& Weekes is on his ducks are all ready to go....bye,bye Oscar....Floyd would be lovin it....

6. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Answer the phone mofo!-Suge Knight Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    UFC has been doing okay during the pandemic. Boxing's biggest star should be able to compete without bowing down.

7. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Answer the phone mofo!-Suge Knight Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Floyd is right there ready to catch that pre jizz from Haymon's love muscle. He thinks he is smart through ****ing osmosis or something when it comes to Haymon doing business. Floyd needs to focus on family.

8. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Been looking at all this stuff and am honestly confused as hell... so Canelo tries to fight Saunders pandemic happens, then Saunders refuses when offered the fight at a later date, tried to fight Smith who said no, Charlo who said no, Plant who said no, even GGG said no to fight some bum.... now you have it reported that 2 MMA fights and a old ass Hoya are the only fights they’d approve yet somehow ppl are mad at Canelo....
    Make it make sense.

IsaL likes this.
  9. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Canelo had to fight approved fighters for his guarantee I.E. GGG. Canelo has spent most of his contract trying to fight the worst available competition while mostly avoiding the best.

10. kriszhao

Feb 8, 2008
    plenty of time for him to keeping on juicing up.

11. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Golovkin is a fight DAZN wants. It seems like a fight that GBP promised them. But Canelo never agreed to it.
    But Golovkin turned the fight down for now. He already had his mandatory in play and focused on that. So Canelo was left with the likes of BJS, Smith and so on. All of whom DAZN supposedly don´t want to pay their guarantee. So who the **** else is there?

Canelo tried to make fights with Saunders and Smith, yet you call them the worst. Alvarez fought Jacobs and Kovalev, yet you call them the worst :lol:
    So who are the guys he should have been fighting?

12. kriszhao

Feb 8, 2008
    I heard Saunders was considered.

Badbot likes this.
  13. kriszhao

Feb 8, 2008
    Saunders was considered acceptable and so was Smith. Canelo was dicking them around trying to give them a short camp and wanting to short change them on money as well remember Saunders was set to fight him in May before covid derailed it and Canelo was said to be " negotiating" a fight with Smith as late as July 27th if that fight was agreed to Smith would not even have a 6-week camp... Canelo was just pulling his Prima Donna B.S again trying to give his opponont a short camp and crippling re-hydration clauses to boot... and this time his prima donna B.S. bit him.

14. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Does this mean he will no longer have corrupt officiating?

15. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Jump over to the Chavez Jr. thread, plenty of posts talking about how he can't complain since he signed the contract.
    These fighters are damned if they do, damned if they don't, at least in the eyes of the Clen fans.

kriszhao likes this.