Canelo P4P: change my mind!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JSpizz, Jan 15, 2021.

Who's your P4P

1. Canelo

42 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. Bud Crawford

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Spence Jr

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Loma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lopez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Inoue

19 vote(s)
    27.5%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    No, but Vernon Forrest was, who lost to Mayorga. Twice. Why, it's almost like **** happens, and sometimes boxers lose to guys they shouldn't have.

"lol" you are so pathetically bad at this. Strike three sir, you are out.

2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Inoue would beat Clenelo and Crawford if they were all the same size. He's arguably the hardest puncher in the sport and he's fast, skillful, has great accuracy and timing, and punches like a mule with both hands to head and body. Crawford gets KTFO and it wouldn't surprise me if he stopped Ginger either. He'd definitely beat him on points if not though.

As for Spence beating Clenelo. :risas3::risas3::risas3:

Clenelo might have the judges in his pocket and have received more gifts than the baby Jesus but.. Jesus wept! He's not only much bigger, stronger, much more powerful, tougher, and more skillful he's much better than E-Spence, period. Clenelo via legal homicide.

chad_inoue and Surrix like this.
  3. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Sorry but unfortunately Forrest will always be remembered for his greatest losses than he would his greatest wins! Do you know who vernon forrest was? " oh yeah that guy who lost to that crazy guy who smoked a cigarertte in the ring right?".. he was a very good fighter not going to take that away from him, but he lost to two guys who will never be considered for the HOF, Mayorga and Mora. Toguchi lost to Buddler... Sowwey but hes not a world talent, especially when you win titles in a division that is so overlooked because theres not enough talent to get casuals interested. Lol.. it is what it is man.

4. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    Literally, no one thinks of him like that you liar. Any time his name is brought up by anyone they talk about how good a boxer he was, and nothing else. You already struck out why are you still swinging the bat?

He avenged the Mora loss (quite easily), a sizable contingent believed he beat Mayorga the second time around (including Manny Stewart), and he holds victories over Mosley (x2), Vince Phillips (who ko'd Kostya Tszyu), and Carlos Baldomir (who handily beat Zab Judah). So he holds plenty more victories over HOFs, at-the-time-world-class talents, or at least guys coming off a win over HOF's.

But yeah, everyone constantly talking up the Mayorga and Mora losses like it invalidated his career or something. Seriously, stop swinging the bat.

The above is code for, "I don't know who these people are so I'm going to spam 'lol' a lot to pretend I'm smart when I'm actually very very dumb". And I know this because I only have to go up twice to the super flyweight division, the deepest division in boxing in terms of talent depth, and they also attract almost zero interest from the casuals. Once more, you are factually wrong.

You have struck out a second time in the span of one post. It's getting kind of funny now, actually. Shall I type lmao or some such to show my condescending smugness?

chad_inoue likes this.
  5. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Buterelo like Floyd = hometown champs cherry pickers.

6. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    I said casuals.. lol.. slow down.. but since were on this subject? Did taguchi avenge his losses to inoue and buddler? Sowwey hes not world talent.. lol

7. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    He didn't avenge the Inoue loss because Inoue skipped far ahead of him; the stars never aligned for a rematch, and he would have lost anyway because Inoue is a p4p talent, and barring some freak of nature will go down as one of the best boxers from a nation of great boxers. As for the Buddler loss, I really, really don't understand why you are failing to understand these points:

1.) He. Couldn't. Make. Light. Flyweight. Any. More. <- do you understand this point? It's kind've important. As guys who can't easily make a certain weight as they get older start to struggle against and lose to opponents. Even opponents they should normally beat.

2.) He. Retired. After. His. Next. Fight. Against. Tanaka. <- do you understand this point? It's also super important, as it implies that he was just physically done with the sport, and unable to compete at the level that had him considered arguably the best light flyweight in the world.

If you can not comprehend those two points, then there's no sense in continuing this conversation any longer. You are determined to discredit Taguchi, because it magically discredits Inoue in your mind. So say your last piece, misspell the word 'sorry' with some more condescending snarky "lol's" in there to cover for how utterly you've been spanked and be on your way, person who is objectively wrong.

8. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Too long didnt read.. but Lets just agree that chavez Jr, Robin Reid, James Page were world talent boxers and leave it at that. I mean if they are then i guess toguchi is as well.. smh

9. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    Translation: "Someone actually confronted me on my bullcrap, hmmm maybe if I make some false equivalencies about Chavez Jr and Robin Reid people will think I'm smart and not a moron who can't seem to find the 'Shift' key."

10. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Nope.. Andrew six heads lewis was world talent. I get what youre saying now.

11. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Canelo Inoue stand at the top

12. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Canelo definitely has the best case for this pretend achievement of P4P best. Isal and 22Jm are probably scissoring over this right now. :sisi1