Canelo - Path to Greatness

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, May 13, 2021.

1. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    3/4 of the stadium was filled with CANELO fans so that’s a horrible analogy son.

Aussie Invader, Salty Dog and m.s. like this.
  2. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Agree
    It should be One and One.
    GGG squeezed out the first one 115/113 but that’s just my home scorecard
    The reality is that even ODLH had to publicly apologize for the one wack aze scorecard that screwed up the win for GGG

Salty Dog and HellSpawn86 like this.
  3. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Thats like going to a Democratic convention and asking who won the election Lol.

Salty Dog likes this.
  4. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    She messed up though, as Teddy Atlas said about the second fight, you can steal a result by just a little to get the desired outcome, even though its just by a little bit, its still a robbery. Mission accomplished. No Adelaide Byrd spotlight this time.

5. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Here's a list of current fighters, ATG fighters, trainers, HoF trainers who said Canelo beat GGG in the rematch. I'd like to see @m.s. ' list, and to be frank, boxing reporters like Ellie Seckbach and fighthype and other low budget reporters don't carry more weight than the average poster here.

Mike Tyson
    Ray Leonard
    George Foreman
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Roberto Duran
    Miguel Cotto
    Robert Garcia
    Jorge Arce
    Willie Monroe
    Caleb Traux
    Austin Trout
    Cornelius K9 Bundridge
    Andre Ward
    Amir Khan
    Marco Antonio Barrera
    Mikey Garcia
    Andy Lee
    Martin Murray
    Errol Spence
    Sergio Mora
    Bernard Hopkins
    Jorge Linares
    Peter Quillin
    Tony Bellew
    David Haye
    Floyd Mayweather SR
    Erik Morales
    David Lemieux
    Julin Williams
    Peter Smith
    Liam Smith
    Jermell Charlo
    Jermall Charlo
    Claressa Shields
    Caleb Plant
    Jason Quigley
    Anthony Fowler
    Dave Coldwell
    Badou Jack
    Jaime Munguia
    Andy Lee
    Jeff Mayweather
    Dewey Cooper
    Luis Tapia
    Ladarious Miller
    Kevin Newmen
    Rolando Romero
    Fernando Vargas
    Adam Booth
    Josh Kelly
    Jorge Travieso Arce
    Humberto Chiquita González
    Shakur Stevenson
    Devin Haney
    Gavin Rees
    John Molina
    Brandon Krause
    Curtis Stevens
    Ashley Theophane
    Abner Mares
    Michael Conlan

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  6. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Show us these Real boxing personalities that all voted Canelo won either fight?? The one's Ive seen had GGG winning the first fight 80% with a draw
    10% & 10% for Canelo. These were fighters ,trainers, manager, promoters as well as boxing fans. The second fight was loser 70% GGG 15% draw & 15% canelo. I have never seen any poll that voted Canelo won either fight.
    I'll be waiting for your list

m.s. likes this.
  7. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You really need to be concerned with the people that run the sport. Supposedly someone asked Bob Bennett if he was going to drag Adelaide Byrd in to ask her to explain that ludicrous score card. His response was
    " Adelaide is one of our best judges she obviously had a bad day, people do you know. No I will not be asking her to explain" My thoughts on this are If Bob really thinks she's one of his best judges how much does he know about boxing himself ? lol After all wasnt he a high ranking FBI officer in the past ??

m.s. likes this.
  8. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    I think you have seen the lists before for both fights. The way i remember it was 40 for GGG, 15 had it a draw, and two had it for Canelo, and then their is some professionals that seem to think otherwise, and of coarse another list of fighters that think GGG won.

9. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I don't care very much about boxing reporters. The vast majority of them are boxing reporters because they're not smart enough or talented enough to be real reporters.

I respect what professional fighters and ATG like Mike Tyson, Julio Cesar Chavez, George Foreman, Ray Leoanrd, Roberto Duran say.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  10. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    are you mexican?
    looking at this post, seeing how hard you're trying to say floyd didn't dominate canelo in the other thread, and refusing to say why floyd's masterclass burns you so deeply...well it all suddenly make sense.

Quina74 likes this.
  11. sdot_thadon

sdot_thadon Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2009
    So crazy that, to this day it still hurts so much to give Canelo an ounce of credit for GGG 2. I feel like some of you are so jaded by the experience of not getting the outcome you want from a fight that at some point it becomes nearly impossible to see any other outcome besides the one you desire. They were both really close fights, in that scenario the word robbery should never reach your lips....but yeah boxing. No wonder our sport is dying even our diehard fans spend most of their time criticizing boxing on some fan boy ish.

shadow111 likes this.
  12. sdot_thadon

sdot_thadon Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2009
    BTW, great video and perspective as always Rummy.:beer-toast1:

13. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    What does my ethnicity have to do with what Canelo did to GGG? I don't know what you've put together from the other topic, but my viewpoints are consistent with the judges. Apparently agreeing with the judges has become like blasphemous around here, but typically it's not out of the ordinary to watch a fight, see the final result and say "cool, great fight, that was the final score OK" and not scream robbery and throw a temper tantrum.

So, you calling a match a master class that wasn't, then trying to make me seem outlandish for agreeing with the judges is an interesting tactic. But I see this kind of thing a lot around here. Because I recognize that it was a close fight and that Canelo gave Floyd all kinds of problem, this to you means that the result burns me deeply. How about, I'm just not riding Mayweather like you and many others to a point where I feel the need to exaggerate how well he did that night, as a means to disrespect Canelo's performance and how close he came to beating Mayweather.

14. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    Lol I'm thinking age might have something more to do with it. I'm Mexican, and was rooting for Canelo............but even Stevie Wonder could see Canelo got dominated.

Wizbit1013 and Aussie Invader like this.
  15. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    if people can't remove their emotional attachment to a fighter simply because you come from the same pile of dirt that they do, then it has EVERYTHING to do with it.

people with nothing to hide, hide nothing.
    i asked you 3 times why floyd's masterclass burnt you so much and you dodged the question all 3 times, then i saw your post in another thread criticising rumfeld's post because you 'clearly' saw canelo beating golvkin twice - suddenly that microscope you were happy to put under floyd, completely disappeared under canelo.

then i asked if you were mexican, and you couldn't give me a straight answer.

people with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Wizbit1013 likes this.