Canelo popped for Clenbuterol

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Sep 15, 2017.

Is Canelo Alvarez deliberately cheating?

1. Canelos a clean fighter

13 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Clenelo is juicing

235 vote(s)
    89.7%
  3. Who gives a flying ****??

14 vote(s)
    5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Canelo fans must be enraged by the fact he won't enrol in any testing programme. After getting the hair follicle test I thought he was going to do his best to prove that he was clean. As Fat Dan says, Canelo looks guilty as sin with his current refusal to enter a testing program IMMEDIATELY.

He's either cheating or stupid, take your pick ... there's no way around it.

2. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Mercy for me, justice for thee! Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    I believe Manny doped but this video is far from damning.

3. Jackstraw

Jan 28, 2018
    I’m genuinely curious as to why you lose your **** and go to pieces over the suggestion that Manny doped? In other threads your posts seem to indicate that you’re reasonably intelligent. You’re smart enough to know that PEDs are prevalent in all sports and all kinds of athletes take them. You call me a nub (whatever in the hell that is), tell me to GTFO, that my post is horse****, that my opinion is BS and based on a fraud...doesn’t that all sound a little harsh? It’s not like I’ve said you’re riding Manny’s dick, take his nuts off your chin, you’re just a blind fanboy etc. Do you not have the emotional and intellectual maturity to just say, “Yeah, I can see why people might be suspicious of Manny but until I have concrete proof I choose to believe he didn’t dope.”? Can you genuinely not see how another person might look at Manny’s rise from flyweight to 150lbs without ever sacrificing speed and strength, in an age of PEDs, in a sport that is notoriously poor at drug testing as being suspicious?

IsaL likes this.
  4. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I don't think its harsh. All your points that you claim Pac might have been on roids are almost verbatim taken from the Mayweathers and their stan army.

Manny has always been a freak but I don't think he's a freak physically. What makes Manny unique is his willingness to endure pain. Look at what he did at the lighter weights and compare to what he did at the upper weights. He overachieved then as he did later at the upper weights. Those like you who claim he's doped to the gills only came out of the woodwork after Floyd Sr started freaking out when it looked like an inevitable match up was looming between his TUE'd up son and Pac.

I'm all for calling a spade a spade, but I don't think its fair to throw Pac into the same boat. Hell, I feel sorry for him being an asian and having all that BS the TUE family threw on him. He's now saddled with PED allegations for no reason other than some roiders being scared of him for nothing more than having the balls to stand and fight, literally.

And what came of the guy who was cleaning up the sport of BAXING? He turned out to be the most corrupt guy in the sport. And then it became fashionable to lump Manny into the Ped mix because hey maybe the guy with the IV bags was right? Except, that would have all been uncovered wouldn't it in the slander suit? Where is this undeniable proof the IV team had? Remember those emails that Teddy Atlas had? Oh still missing, ya mean fabricated? See how this is all BS pointing at Pac?

Going back to the slander suit... When Pac demanded Fluid's medical records, that also obviously cleared the defendants to access Pac's records as well, in the course of discovery. However who was not willing to release their records??????? And who settled for a lot of cash? What does that tell you about who was telling the truth?

**Pro tip, sealed in the medical records are all the records for doctors prescriptions like those for test therapy, you know TRT? Those would then lead to the therapeutic use exemptions... oh yea!

I thought about it some more and I liken it to being falsely accused of a crime. As it turns out the plaintiff was full of BS and is guilty of what he was accusing Pac of being. Now that its been proven multiple times that the accuser was in actuality the DOPER, what do we do with Pac who all this time held to his claim that he is not a DOPER.

Apparently for you he's still guilty. Where is the justice? It pays to be a DOPER with deep pockets in essence?

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Dirsspaardis, LANCE99 and Jackstraw like this.
  5. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    No, it’s not. Kevin Iole was saying it’s not a reliable form of testing, period.

Slowhand and like a boss like this.
  6. Jackstraw

Jan 28, 2018
    Fair enough, wild man. Your tone for this post isn’t as unhinged and you make good points regarding the mayweather tribe. Here’s my honest take:
    ALL fighters suffer. Look at Ali, Frazier, Gatti, Ward, Holyfield etc. The willingness and ability to suffer greatly is part of all great men and athletes.
    The fact that Manny did at 147 what he did at 122 (even more so) points to roids.
    The fact that the mayweather boys are hypocritical scum doesn’t make them wrong. Like a republican politician accusing a democrat politician of being a lying scumbag.
    Many fans began to suspect Manny of doping prior to Sr. After the Balco scandal, the rumors (proven true) of Armstrong, the sheer size, power and speed of nfl and nba players, the mlb homerun scandal, track and field etc sports fans had to reckon that no sport is pure and that any athlete who showed great strength, speed and size gains falls under legitimate suspicion.

Now, let me say this: Manny, after Erik Morales, was my favorite fighter and I consider him an ATG. Mannys fighting style was awe inspiring. I bought damn near all of his ppv’s and never wanted my money back. He was this generation’s must see TV. His prime was a special time to be a boxing fan. As time went on, however, I got a little tired of he and Freddy and they definitely bungled the drug testing issue. By the time he fought Floyd I’d already stopped watching boxing due to all of the bull****. I started a thread a few months ago called, How Boxing Lost its Magic.
    Like you now, I defended Manny being clean. My talking points were the same as yours: muh Armstrong, muh Durán, fight night weight same as always, no positive test, Floyd is afraid to fight him etc
    It’s that last point that I think really matters. Like you, I hated Floyd. I was outraged at how he called himself the goat and disparaged SRR, SRL and Ali because they had losses. Floyd would say he’s the goat and then duck and cherry pick. He would claim that Paul Williams and Margarito weren’t **** because they lost and then fight guys like Guerrero and Ortiz. I wanted Manny to beat the hell out of him. I wanted to see our version of Leonard vs Hearns. How would Floyd’s sublime defense, timing and underrated power compare to Manny’s southpaw supernatural offense? And basically Floyd ruined it by ducking the fight and then waiting until Manny was knocked out before he fought him. Floyd played us all.
    Like me then, I personally think your hatred of Floyd clouds your otherwise reasonable judgment about manny possibly doping, but that’s just my opinion.

As far as justice goes? Not in this life, my friend. And yes, of course it pays to be a doper! Just look at Floyd, Bonds, Holyfield, Carl Lewis. Lance Armstrong just recently settled with the government for 5 million dollars after he’d made 200 million. Doping pays, bud.
    I don’t consider doping athletes to be bad guys, just dopers. Athletes operate in a different world than we do. If I had a chance to triple my income from 60k a year to 180k a year and there were drugs that’d help me do it and the chances of getting caught are slim and even if caught the penalties are a joke? **** howdy, I’d have more needles in my ass than a porcupine.

Dirsspaardis and 305th like this.
  7. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Jack, this is a highly erroneous statement. In fact, it's usually the opposite of what the PED accusers say, he stopped getting KO's when he moved up because...'he was off the juice'... Or something like that.

What Pac did at 122 and even 126 had NOT really been replicated consistently in the higher weights.

8. Jackstraw

Jan 28, 2018
    I was thinking of hatton, Margarito and Cotto when I wrote that. Throw in knocking down Mosley and teeing off on Clottey, as well. Remember, Cotto had only been beaten once prior to Pac and had been in with some big punchers...and here comes a former flyweight and runs him through the meat grinder! And then this former flyweight literally breaks facial bones in Margarito?! And puts Mosley on his ass?! The same Shane who withstood oscars bombs? But yeah, once the PED accusations heated up he did seem to go down a gear (no pun intended).

IsaL likes this.
  9. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    Many fans? What fans, where? Where was this that it was such a big issue for fans? Point to it please?

You realize you're accusing him because he's too good? You cite his efforts at the lower weights and 147... it's confusing as ****. Pac was not knocking guys out at the upper weights like he was at the lower weights. That is a pile of horse****. And he looked bigger as he went up because he wasn't effing draining to make weight anymore. But you will probably ignore that and continue the same drill...

kriszhao and Jackstraw like this.
  10. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    That's cuz his prime ended and as any human being, you age and lose your edge and abilities. Manny is unlike the cheaters who DO NOT AGE. Lmao, even in getting old it is fodder for the accusers. :duh

The dude can't win lol.

Jackstraw likes this.
  11. Jackstraw

Jan 28, 2018
    I had a list of about 3200 names, along with their emails and phone numbers, of fans who had accused Manny prior to Floyd’s accusations but I just threw it away while cleaning out my garage...seriously? Wtf type of request is it when you ask me about fans from 10years ago, you nub.
    As far as him being too good? I already said he’s an ATG and one of my favorite fighters.
    Are you conveniently forgetting about Hatton?
    And how could he possibly look bigger fighting at 147 when he weighed 147 on fight night when he was fighting at 126?
    But you’ll probably ignore that and continue the same drill...you nub

12. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012

13. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    You said many fans... where are the threads, because I don't remember **** about ppl being up in arms or any controversy? The only controversy is when Fluid demanded his BS testing. This was predicated on Fluid Sr's BS about A-side meth crap and the stans ate it up! And that's when it started. You're saying it started before this and you laugh at me asking where? Whose the preposterous one now?

Omfg, stop acting the fool. Weigh-ins... as he went up in weight he looks bigger to the layman on weigh-ins because he is bigger, literally higher weight. But that doesn't mean he was actually bigger. Don't tell me you don't know the difference between having to cut weight down to X weight and not having to cut weight? Naturally as he moved up the weight classes it was an illusion that he was literally getting bigger. Not really an illusion but it stands to reason that the 126lb Pac on weigh-in looks smaller than the 140lb Pac on weigh-in. The reality is that their fight night weights were the same or similar.

Jackstraw likes this.
  14. Jackstraw

Jan 28, 2018
    It was an illusion...not really an illusion...
    Bless you heart, Smoke, that made my night ;)

15. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    lol, yea sometimes its hard to get ones thoughts across. I read about ppl saying this about Pac or that, citing how big he was getting know what I mean? But in reality he is nearly the same size on fight night from 126 to 147. Also, if you inspect the weigh in pics, you'll notice his vascular structure gets less and less "veiny" as the weigh-in weights go up. It's an example of not having to wring every last gram of water weight.

Jackstraw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.