Canelo should STALL GGG out until he wins a belt or fights a LIVE BODY 1ST!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Mar 23, 2019.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oh so you must be a casual fight fan.

Let me show you reality. Hear it from Canelo, De La Hoya, and Loeffler themselves. Pay attention to what Loeffler says.

The WBC was giving Canelo a short deadline to agree to all the terms and conditions for this mega fight.

Below you'll understand why Canelo vacated. Read and weep.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sn-canelo-alvarez-vacates-wbc-belt-20160518-story.html
    This content is protected

Canelo Alvarez vacates WBC belt, says he still seeks Gennady Golovkin fight
    By LANCE PUGMIRE
    MAY 18, 2016 | 4:00 PM

Canelo Alvarez will vacate his World Boxing Council middleweight title, but said in a prepared statement that he wants to continue negotiating with Gennady Golovkin for a fight considered the biggest on the boxing landscape.

"After much consideration, today, I instructed my team at Golden Boy Promotions to continue negotiating a fight with Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin and to finalize a deal as quickly as possible," Mexico's Alvarez said in the statement.

"For the entirety of my career, I have taken the fights that no one wanted because I fear no man. Never has that been more true than today. I will fight GGG, and I will beat GGG, but I will not be forced into the ring by artificial deadlines.

"I am hopeful that by putting aside this ticking clock, the two teams can now negotiate this fight, and GGG and I can get in the ring as soon as possible and give the fans the fight they want to see."

The 25-year-old Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 knockouts) successfully defended his WBC title for the first time May 7, opening Las Vegas' new T-Mobile Arena to boxing with a sixth-round knockout of England's Amir Khan.

This content is protected

"We have a lot of respect for Canelo and know he's not afraid to fight anyone," Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler told the Los Angeles Times. "They said they needed more time with the deadline coming up next week. They didn't want to hold the belt hostage and stayed true to their word".

You're welcome buddy. Hope you stick to boxing, the more you understand the more enjoyable it is.

dinovelvet likes this.
  2. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Except Clenelo fought Smith and then Chavez instead of GGG. So much for as soon as possible.

He also said, "If we're going to make that fight, we're going to make it without the WBC," Alvarez said. "We'll have them for the other titles."

I wouldn't take too much of what he says seriously, he really only says **** to make idiots like you happy. "Mexicans don't **** around." "It was the meat."

3. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I'm being serious Isal,Canelo had been banned from fighting on that date and was effectively allowed to go and have surgery and eat that special beef for the rest of the year.whilst I'm joking about Golovkin living at Canelos he should of taken time off himself instead of feeling obligated to give the paying public a fight to watch on just a few weeks notice.would I have preferred Derevchenko?course I would but that fight was not gonna be arranged for that time and venue anyway.
    You and your clan have a very odd way of loo!ing at things and correct me if I'm wrong but you don't appear to have any feelings about justice or wrongdoing?
    Vanes stepped in on only two weeks notice and makes the best out of a total shambles on account of him being tested earlier than usual and all you could think of is why didn't Golovkin anyone you care to mention?

Come on you're smarter than that,look how long it took to make Canelo v Golovkin,Saunders v Andrade(another drug shambles)and the only thing you can think of is why couldn't he fight someone better when he was already to fight the best of them all in Canelo.
    I promise you i won't be giving Golovkin any passes at this stage as he doesn't need tune ups and he's only a year or two left but if it were Canelo who been left high and dry because of Golovkin eating a steak sandwich I wouldn't have it in me to vilify the lad for anything.Intact I think I'd be angry and slightly embarrassed for being lead into thinking he was a clean pro.
    Just to be clear your sense of justice would see you have a go at the guy who tested clean,put in the work and was ready to fight.whilst the guy who was caught with drugs in him and was under punishment he would get the pass right.
    sorry for the long post but I need you to tell me if you ever get called up for Jury service?

4. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol Isal "read it and weep"?I think they call that projecting as I doubt anyone on here is that invested in this ****

It's only a sport and imo none of an deserve our tears.

5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I agree. I get a kick out of how personal Golovkin fans get if you criticize him.

6. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You're not being serious man. Please be genuine.

When you say Canelo was eating special beef you clearly show you're more interested in letting out your frustration than engaging in a real dialogue.

For starters Canelo is enrolled in VADAs 365/7/24.. No other boxer I know of is enrolled in that program and he is subject to being tested any time, any day, 365 days out of the year.

If you want an honest conversation be honest yourself my friend.

7. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    LoL you get a pick out of it?most folk wouldn't dare write that for fear of looking sad but if it floats your boat good on yer.
    If trolling Golovkin fans gives you a kick,might I advise you to try some cocaine at the same time?
    do be careful though and don't go overboard on the Golovkin thing will you?

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  8. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Andrew, understand that this is like nothing ever seen on this boxing forum.

I've been here since 2002 and yes we've had the Vitali era, the Wlad era, the Mayweather and Pacquiao era, but never has a group of fans been so obsessed, so emotional, so annoying and loud as the GGGoons.

It's funny to see GGGoons spazz out for even suggesting GGG is still in top form. Lol

9. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    honestly Isal I can say we've always got along and whilst we have a laugh you've always been civil with me as has Shadow.
    're GGG you !fight not believe this given what I've posted tonight but this is the first Golovkon thread I've been on months.
    I like to think I can keep it real and was amazed how CST80 had Golovkin winning by five rounds in the re match whilst I had Golovkin by one round so no way was it a robbery as all it would take is judges to give Canelo two close rounds and I defy anyone to say Cabell didn't deserve that win as he left nothing out there.
    and one thing nobody ever mentions when these two fight,the referee,over 24 rounds nobody noticed the ref as they both clean fighters,don't use low blows,don't clinch let alone wrestle and they both gonna there in the pocket.that's very rare to see and they both wanna be entertaining so I'd see an again.
    for me nobody is taking on fights like Canelo ad Usyk at the mo.

IsaL likes this.
  10. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You're truly a top quality GGGoon in my book. You're smart, knowledgeable, and pleasant to converse with.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  11. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You know something ?? The hypocracy of these Moonelo clowns beats me. They try to diss GGG any way they can but they've forgotten one very important thing>>>>?
    Old Moo has NEVER LEGITIMATELY won any title. His WBC debacle wasn't fought at the 160 limit he demanded CW he never defended it at 160 He handed it back like a coward.
    He has NEVER LEGITIMATELY beaten GGG for his 160 titles. He was gifted a draw & then a robbery stealing GGG's titles. In my opinion Saul Canelo Moonelo Alvarez is one of boxings biggest FRAUDS!! The only one heading him is Floyd Joy Sinclair Mayweather jr

12. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    How many more years before you can move on?

Lol..

13. Mirko

Mirko Member Full Member

Jul 17, 2009
    reported by a source, can't take that for granted. Not saying it's not true, but I'd like to hear what both GGG and Andrade have to say about that when confronted, or have somebody from DAZN confirming it. Until then it's rumours.

14. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    to be fair, 3G didnt beat anyone for 2 of his titles, so you might say its swings and roundabouts.

15. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Excuse me, i like to think I'm the biggest GGG-oon here! Who else has predicted 3G's move to smash Kovalev.

how do you actually pronounce GGG-oon?

serious question, no joke answers like "easy - herolgee - hoohoohoo"