Canelo tends to stay on the ropes then fires back this will be crazy against Golovkin

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Canelo needs to be more fleet footed box and move that's his only hope against the 35 year old GGG

Golovkin will start of with his powerhouse jab and canelo will lose confidence then he will break him down will canelo show something he has never shown before?

Flamazide likes this.
  2. Radrook

Radrook Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2017

That's true. Canelo needs to stop imitating Mayweather in this particular fight since this isn't just another Kirkland. On the other hand, if Canelo can get Golovkin to back up defensively as Golovkin was forced to during his last fight, then Golovkin's power might be be partially neutralized.

3. Tyson Fury Goat

Apr 21, 2017
    for Jacobs is a completely different animal he is bigger stronger then Canelo

Regardless canelo might prove to have more then many think

4. Radrook

Feb 24, 2017
    True. That's why I said IF Canelo can duplicate that feat. I agree-I think that too many are seriously underestimating what Canelo is bringing to that fight.

5. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Canelo needs to stay TF away from the ropes. Golovkin simply loves to corner guys on the ropes and beat the living daylights out of them. Check out Golovkin's knockouts. Nearly every single one has happened when he traps a dude on the ropes and shellacks him.

Canelo either needs to try push him back and rob him of his space, or he needs to move around and create space so that he can play his countering game. He can't fight GGG at mid range and he sure as heck can't beat him off the ropes.

6. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    In other words, it sounds like Canelo's in trouble.

7. Tyson Fury Goat

Apr 21, 2017
    canelo cant stay away from the ropes though I never seen him do it but then again when you feel golovkin he might be forced to keep moving

BCS8 likes this.
  8. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Canelo is much more skilled at fighting off the ropes than any of Triple G's past opponents. That said, I don't expect him to be on the ropes that often against Triple G. A lot of fighters get in trouble when they're forced to the ropes and then they get clipped while trying to move laterally to get away. Canelo doesn't do that type of stuff. If he's on the ropes, he'll be doing it as a strategy to lure Triple G in and set up counters. Canelo is a small target and has a tight guard so it'll be very difficult for Triple Go to land anything major if Canelo is on the ropes. The reason is because Canelo can fight on the ropes similarly to how he fights at center ring. Block, duck, head movement, etc. It's the same at center ring than it is when he's on the ropes. Other fighters like Jacobs for example doesn't know how to fight on the ropes. Jacobs needs to use his footwork and needs space to set up punches. Canelo can evade punches just by standing there and leaning and blocking and parrying and setting up counters, it doesn't really matter if he's along the ropes or if he's at center ring. That's what makes him so tough.

BCS8 likes this.
  9. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I like reading your posts on Canelo. You remind us that he's very much a live dog in this fight. I still think Golovkin will win, but it won't be easy.

10. khaosai galaxi

khaosai galaxi Superbad Full Member

Apr 17, 2017
    You sum it up nicely

11. Str8ryte

Str8ryte Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Im saying it now, Canelo will outbox GGG and then half the people here will say Canelo waited until G got old to fight him. GGG is overrated as ****. I will revist this post to gloat after the fight.

12. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Golovkin is not Chavez, Jr. he will be throwing punches from all angles, has the reach, the jab, the power, the chin, El Pollo has never been hit as hard as Golovkin can hit. Golovkin has the reach, El Pollo will have to reach for Golovkin, he will have to come inside, Golovkin's timing is incredible, when he catches El Pollo coming in, El Pollo will lose his feathers, his wing punches will have no effect, but he will take his pecker and peck Golovkin to the testicles, Tony Weeks will stop the fight and called it a KO or TKO, Bob Bennett will claim that testicle punches are legal, yes, Golovkin will have to fight El Pollo, the referee, boxing commission, Bob Bennett, the commentators, everyone, but even the testicle blow will not stop Golovkin. He should know that Oscar will own everything................Golovkin by knockout to Bob Bennett's objection.................

13. zeratul

zeratul Active Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Well, I remember Canelo criticizing GGG opponents for staying in front of him without movements, so it looks like he understands that he shouldn't stay on the ropes like he does in every single fight (apart from Cotto, if I remember correctly). But I can hardly imaging Canelo moving so much without gassing out. We'll see.

14. Radrook

Feb 24, 2017
    He didn't gas out against Cotto and he was moving all through the fight. He also didn't gas out agai8nst JCCJ and he was the one throwing leather all night long. Neither did he gas out against Mayweather and that was continuous action. His fight against Kirkland was full throttle and he looked just as fresh at its conclusion as when the fight started. So why should we expect him to gas out suddenly because he has Golovkin in front of him?

BTW

Golovkin looked gassed out at the conclusion of his last fight against Jacobs.

shadow111 likes this.
  15. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    He does tend to lean on the ropes. I think he does that a lot because he is tiring