Canelo test positive for Clen....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by delboy82, Mar 6, 2018.

1. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    I know there are umpteen threads on the general section but I think more sense and less trolls are on the brit section.

So Canelo fails a test for Clen.

What are our thoughts ?

2. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    For me he is responsible for what he puts in his body just like anyone else. If Mexican meat has a reputation for being tainted then an elite athlete should not be eating it.

Put it this way if any of us knew fine well that certain meat from certain regions could contain a poison we would all avoid it .... So should Canelo he failed a test whether or not he knew or it was deliberate means nothing he failed the test he shouldnt be allowed to fight with a banned substance in his system period !

Mr Icaman, gmurphy, moog and 3 others like this.
  3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    My thoughts are that boxing is riddled with cheats and they are all at it. Canlelo has been suspect for years the way he cuts weight and rehydrates, his fights in texas raised a few eyebrows too.

YearZero and CutThroatFade like this.
  4. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    makes you wonder how he was caught given how valuable and protected he is?

5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Seems like VADA sprung a surprise test on him.

They wont get anywhere near him without prior warning in America

6. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010

Clenelos physique at the GGG weigh in rang alarm bells. He had undergone a major dramatic physical transformation from even a year earlier. I'm not surprised he's been caught cheating.

Obviously it goes without saying he should be banned.

DTM, impacted and moog like this.
  7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Make peds mandatory for this fight now
    This content is protected

pow and stittyb like this.
  8. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Also as pointed out by others...How convenient that Mexican meat is contaminated with the exact drug that has a physical effect of most benefit to a weight cutter like. "clenelo" ...the perfect screen for his cheating.

YearZero, stittyb and gmurphy like this.
  9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Call me cynical but is it possible to taint the meat yourself and eat it and get that little bit of help in your system?

10. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Also I’d be absolutely gutted for Murray if BJS stepped in to face Canelo instead. You couldn’t begrudge BJS for taking it and I’d be made up for him but what a sad end to a fairytale story it would be for Murray.

11. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I just hope this doesn’t get brushed under the carpet

Other boxers like the fury’s had bans for boar or other contaminated food and drink

I’ll be annoyed if this fight goes ahead because everyone should be given the same consiquences

12. Shrewd_dude

Shrewd_dude Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Regardless of how he took it he has to be banned otherwise boxing just becomes a joke sport.

Even cycling banned its top cyclist Alberto Contador for two years and withdraw his Tour de France win for a reading far smaller when he used the contaminated beef excuse.

If boxing simply sweeps it under the carpet then they are basically saying anything goes in terms of corruption and things have changed little since the mafia run 50’s.

Even the Chinese ban athletes from eating meat before the Olympics because of the risk.

It’s absurd to think a millionaire with all the money and image rights at stake wouldn’t be able to avoid sourcing uncontaminated meat.

Robney, impacted and lencoreastside like this.
  13. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Money talks...

14. boranbkk

boranbkk "ไม่ได้โม้นะ" Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I posted this on the other other forum but I think Robert Garcia spot on. He made a great point in a YouTube interview on this. He said Canelo is a multi millionaire with a full team that probably includes a nurtionalist- cook who scrutinises everything he eats. He’s probably eating the best imported organic beef not just some average local stuff.

delboy82 likes this.
  15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Na this was a voluntary test conducted by Wada.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...inated-meat-after-failing-voluntary-drug-test

pow likes this.