Canelo v BJS

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Feb 17, 2020.

1. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    This would be a great fight for BJS to effectively end his career on.

I am sure he could get himself motivated for the training and camp.

But his previous lifestyle choices will be beginning to catch up with him physically at aged 30.

2. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    If BJS likes his facial features and like where his ribcage is.. he shouldn't go anywhere near Canelo.

Bad move, really bad move.

BJS should be pushing for the Callum Smith fight, big domestic fight, forget Canelo.

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    BJS has been poor at 168. Actually, he's been poor post test failure which I'm sure is a total coincidence.

Still a really cool fight but Canelo decisions him.

velagod likes this.
  4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Saunders should negotiate the best deal
    he can, take the fight and then retire in peace. He can make it boring by being on the move which should get him through to the 12 and lose on points. He doesn’t have anything offensively to offer Canelo to make it really interesting IMO.

Little brian and im sparticus like this.
  5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I don’t think Saunders hits hard enough to keep canelo off him for 12 rounds

I see him getting stopped in about 7 rounds

think I’d rather see him fight smith

6. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    If Billy Joe fights Canelo next he should surprise Canelo and come in to ring at the weight he entered ring at as a middleweight. Canelo would prob come in around 1st heavier and Billy Joe could then use his speed and movement for 12 rounds.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Accurate and Twentyman like this.
  7. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Let's be real no one at 168 or lower has the "power" to keep Canelo honest, the man just walked down GGG and Kovalev. That's not how you beat Canelo. Lara and Mayweather didn't have power.

8. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Use his speed and movement to literally run away for twelve rounds and lose 120-108.

Career defining achievement

9. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I wonder if Team Canelo (not Canelo himself did not fancy the Callum Smith fight). I say that as De la Hoya was quick enough to come out and have a pop at Callum Smith turning fight down but no mention of BJS that I'm aware of. Was it a case make him and other(s) an offer, offer him lower than he deserves and then say we trues making it but he turned it down. Similar to what they done with GGG for years until they thought balance had swung in their favour. With Smith ut light ge let's kick can down road till he is totally weight drained then we will make fight.

10. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    after watching smith against ryder, team canelo probably felt bad about what he'd do to smith.

11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I seriously doubt they would fear anything regarding Smith. Sounds like they made a substantial offer. Would they make him wait just to gain an extra advantage oer him? 100%.

12. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    No not at all. He would be able to take away alot of Canelos best assets with speed and movement. Against his better opponents, Canelo likes to use his slick defensive skills abs movements to beat opponents on counter punch. If Billy Joe was lighter he would be able to move frustrate Canelo so he needs to lead of instead and use his speed and skills to counter attack Canelo.

Accurate and Twentyman like this.
  13. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Ryder bulldozed in to sit on Smith's chest, not Canelos style.

14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Yep, he's an immoveable, impenetrable tank. Look at how he eats shots clean and tbh he rolls with most shots because his reactions are so good. His neck is like a ****ing metal chode. Completely impenetrable with amazing balance in the ring. No one is knocking him out unless he one day challenges for a HW title which I can honestly see him doing at some stage (if Ruiz had beaten Joshua again, I'm sure it would have been spoken about to have a fight with Canelo).

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I buzz off watching Canelo fight. We know he’s juiced and probably still at it (so has BJS) but he really is elite level fighter. I agree with Moog, BJS should get himself down to 12 stone so that he can use his natural attributes more effectively. Let’s be honest, if you get chinned off Canelo, an extra few pounds of timber won’t add any durability.

BJS isn’t knocking him out, but he can cause him problems throughout & do himself proud.