Canelo v Chavez three fight scenario

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Angler Andrew, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    well Max Kellerman believed as did I that Canelo v Golovkin would happen is Sep of 2017,he also said there's no reason why it should happen after Cinco de maya,in what looks to be a complete turn around in words(not actions)Oscar now saying according to news 24 latest article that it's unlikely Canelo v GGG will happen this year,his reasons?well according to Oscar this already has the making of a three fight deal which would mean they're not interested in Saunders at 160 and certainly not interested in a fight with Golovkin.

2. Kush

Kush Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Smart....

IsaL likes this.
  3. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I'm not as confident as others that the GGG-canelo fight would happen this year or even at all.
    My reasoning is canelo make no move whatsoever that he is interested to invade 160. If he and Oscar are serious, after the supposed offer to GGG, he would not have taken khan and Chavez jr, rather he should have test water with other 160 contender such as leumeux, Saunders and the rest. Khan and junior will prepare him jack shiet for GGG.
    True, there is an offer of substantial amount, the only way it could happen is for GGG to call his bluff and take a lesser cut.

4. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
  5. trumperZ06

trumperZ06 Active Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2015
    :risas3: GBP/Cocaine O$car are...

Desperate and borderline Bankrupt !

:bandit: Canelo... O$car's GOLDEN GOOSE... has had his reputation RUINED in an effort to keep GBP afloat.

:eyebrow2: El Pollo Loco Canelo now lives the rest of his life being known as...

THE BOXER WHO SURRENDERED HIS CHAMPIONSHIP BELT without a fight !!!

Angler Andrew likes this.
  6. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Figured as much. If true, then all we can hope for is Jr knocking the ginger stephchild out, (he won't win on the cards) and derailing GBP's plans.

chitownfightfan likes this.
  7. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    How about we use DLH's actual quotes shall we? (they are much different from your sentences summarizing what DLH supposedly said)

O. D. L. H. : "I have always said that Canelo is going to fight with GGG this year. That has always been the goal, the plan. The only reason that we wouldn't make that fight is because the Chavez fight with Canelo could be a war, maybe it ends in a draw... that would force a rematch. The plan is for Canelo to fight three times and to have big fights like GGG and Chavez,"

"[Canelo-Golovkin] depends on the May 6th fight. I've always said that Canelo is going to fight with GGG in 2017 and that's the plan, but that depends on this fight, because there could be a rematch rematch, a trilogy - it could be the Fight of The Year - if Francisco Vargas gives them the opportunity."

"I think a rematch [between Canelo and Chavez Jr.] is possible... it all depends on the fight - but I have always said that Canelo is not afraid of anyone including Golovkin. I have always said that he will fight GGG this year."

- - - - - - - - - -

He's saying that he's worried that Chavez Jr could derailed Canelo Golovkin. He said that it could be such a great fight that, a close fight, a draw or something that could warrent a rematch. Lets say Canelo win 7 rounds to 5, but you know what happens when there's a close fight, or any even remotely close fight, fans will scream robbery and demand a rematch. (like Kovalev Ward) Well if that happens on Cinco De Mayo then Oscar is saying that it could make a Canelo vs Chavez more desirable than Canelo vs Golovkin.

I don't see how this statement can possibly be interpreted as DLH not wanting to fight Golovkin or Canelo ducking Golovkin. He's simply saying that Canelo vs Chavez Jr is a tough fight that could be close and controversial. If it is a fight that is entertaining, he's saying that Canelo and Chavez Jr are big enough names and personalities where a trilogy could be warranted. Another fact is that Chavez is not able to make 160 any longer, so if Canelo were to defeat Golovkin after fighting Chavez, then it would be harder to make a rematch with Chavez since Canelo would be a Middleweight Champ and with Chavez not able to make 160, it probably makes more sense for this fight to happen now before Canelo fighting Golovkin for the unified MW title.

I think you are twisting Oscar's comments here. Oscar is giving an honest comment saying how he knows how tough Chavez Jr, and could see Canelo vs Chavez being a very entertaining fight, a close fight, that could warrant a rematch. DLH is showing here that he's not under-estimating Chavez Jr, that it could derail Canelo vs Golovkin in September. He's saying that Canelo vs Golovkin "depends on the fight (Canelo vs Chavez)". He knows it's not going to be a walk in the park, what I like is he's sticking to his plan that he intends on making Canelo vs Golovkin after the Chavez fight, but he can't say for sure it'll happen right now because you can never look past your next opponent. Canelo could have taken an easy fight a guaranteed win to prepare for Golovkin but instead he's taking on one of the biggest and toughest guys out there Chavez Jr instead. I haven't heard any talk of a "three fight deal" nothing finalized yet, but that Canelo vs Chavez could warrant a rematch or even a trilogy depending on the outcome. That statement doesn't indicate that he's "certainly not" interested in a fight with Golovkin. He's saying the opposite, that he's planning on making the fight with Golovkin after the Chavez Jr fight, but he's worried that Chavez Jr is such a tough opponent that it could derail Canelo vs Golovkin, if lets say it's a controversial decision or something.

8. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    That's much closer to how I see it, although I think you overrate Chávez Jr a bit :)

Basically ODLH is saying that if the May 6 fight is a loss or a controversial result, the rematch takes priority over the GGG fight.

If Canelo wins clearly, then Canelo-GGG is on in September.

IsaL likes this.
  9. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Yellow

10. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    How have I reported it any different,he says as you've included that there's a chance this match up goes to a rematch or even a trilogy,trust me knowing what we know of Oscar now and how he works this means it's very likely to happen,now as news 24 said for this to happen Canelo would need to carry Chavez in the fight as the gulf in class at this stage is considerable?

11. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Since when did rematches have to be fought immiedetly after,you can take this as gold that GGG won't happen,I said the other day I understand it after seeing how Canelo balances the books but just look what they done to Canelos image,I mean Oscar has worked out that it's not hard to keep saying next Sep which is what's happened and will continue to do,I suppose it's unfair to level it all at Oscar n Canelos feet as they all been avoiding GGG up until Jacobs.

12. trumperZ06

Aug 8, 2015
    :eyebrow2: IMO.... this MESS is due solely to Cocaine O$car/GBP"s dishonesty/manipulation to KEEP the

GOLDEN GOOSE from getting into the ring with GGG.

:risas3: El Pollo Canelo is a naïve youngster who likely IDOLIZED O$car and followed instuctions, never questioning his HERO.

Being poorly educated and listening to selfish advisors who are willing to throw Canelo under the bus, no surprise in the boxing world.

:eusa_liar: Canelo's not the first boxer to be CHEATED by his promotor, Don King comes to mind as an example.

:facepalm: This "mismatch" which O$car now wants to turn into a "TRIPLE HEADER" is just GBP's latest SCHEME !!!

13. Kush

Kush Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Could be a four fight scenario like PAC vs JMM

Chavez is very dangerous

IsaL likes this.
  14. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Canelo is never going to fight GGG, people need to get this in to their heads and move on. It's one of the most shameful and blatant ducks in boxing history, now let's talk about something else.

15. trumperZ06

Aug 8, 2015
    :risas3: As P.T. BARNUM is alluded to have said...

THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE

:loel: Here's the proof !!!