Canelo v Saunders Poll

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nurological, May 6, 2021.

Who wins and how.

1. Canelo Points

34 vote(s)
    30.1%
  2. Canelo KO/TKO

57 vote(s)
    50.4%
  3. Draw

4 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Saunders Points

15 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Saunders KO/TKO

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Canelo by decision because saunders will be on his toes for 12 rounds. I dont think it will be a very entertaining fight. It will be like hughie fury vs parker.

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Billy will have a go for a few rounds realise he's out of his depth and then be content to cruise to a UD loss, collect his loot sack without receiving too much damage, come back to Blighty and go back to Eddie's mismatch circuit for some smaller but easier paydays.

He might pull off a Lloyd Honeyghan/Kirkland Laing type upset but I can't see it

tdf1974, Journey Man and djfonti like this.
  3. Drago

Drago Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Thats highly possible! The first time i ve read this comparation with Parker and Hughie because i thought for myself the fight could become like that.

But for some reasons...i dont know why, i have a negative gut feeling when it comes to Canelo. He seems to be pissed after those 2 face off´s and i cant remember seen him like this.
    He looks not scared but also not confident...i think this beef thing hit him and Saunders is in his heat.

Since there is no prove i cant make accusations, but speculations are allowed:
    Just imagine a wife is pregnant from an other man, not from her husband. She knows it, the biological father knows it, but the husband thinks it s his baby.
    And suddenly someone stands in front of the husbands face and says: "I know for a fact its not your baby, its someone elses, your wife has someone else on the side."

And then imaging the husbands face impression.

Thats how Canelo looked when Saunders confronted him with the beef.

The Lemiux version of Saunders could become a nightmare for Canelo. But we also dont really know how tough Saunders really is. Maybe he is a glass chin on elite level?
    We will see...

Suspect.chin likes this.
  4. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I absolutely go along with the notion that Alvarez is up there with the best and arguably the best boxer in the World at the moment but I also think he can be beaten and I also think that we need to look at his record of late a little closer.

Yildrim - Wiped him out but Yildrim was just there to pick up a pay day and Jnr had already slept this fool
    Callum Smith - Dominated him but the signs were there before this fight that Smith was absolutely done at the weight
    Kovalev - Brutal stop[age but Kovalev was shot by this point, let's not pretend he wasn't. Didn't look great prior to the KO
    Jacobs - Decent points win. I'm not going to say that Jacobs was shot but he was past his best
    Rocky Fielding - Waste of time
    Golovkin 2 - Very hard to pick a winner in this such was the performance in the second half of the fight from Golovkin
    Banned for using a performance enhancing substance that perfectly explained the weight bullying for years
    Golovkin - Lost this all day and all night, 9-3, 8-4 if you're being generous and 7-5 if you like Tortillas.
    Chavez Jnr - Ridiculous fight and unnecessary catchweight designed to kill the little bit of threat that an inactive Jnr had
    Liam Smith - Decent performance from Alvarez against a gritty and skilled World Champion 154er
    Amir Khan - Ridiculous Catchweight, absolutely shocking. Outboxed until the criminal size difference was displayed brutally.

That's the last five years of Alvarez's career. I'm not going to say Billy Joe Saunders looks better because it clearly doesn't but what I'll say is that this isn't some wrecking ball that smashes through all and everything put in front of him. It's carefully selected opponents with clauses in that restrict them, there's been clear use of PEDs that fit in with these clauses too and with the exception of Liam Smith none of them are fighters in their prime. He waited and waited for Golovkin, vacating a belt rather than fight him, let's not forget that.

Saunders can win this, the odds are stacked against him but I'm not going to write him off. I'm all too aware of what an excellent boxer Alvarez is, he appears to have it all, I still think he's missing a career defining win though because whilst he was brilliant for a lot of Golovkin 2 I don't think he did enough to hear "and the new" at the end of their two fights, the first in which he was schooled often by the jab and relentlessness of a near prime Golovkin. Cotto was past his best and had been beaten by Mayweather and Trout 3 years earlier., both of which you could argue beat Alvarez. Neither Smith is a career defining win, we're still waiting for it.

Safin, velagod, djfonti and 1 other person like this.
  5. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I like how people just repeat a phrase and believe it....the whole canelo judge thing is because he got a gift off one judge v Mayweather and Lara and GGG were touch and go ...

He's had over 50 fights and never once got a total gift apart from 1 judge v Mayweather

6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    The gift was absolutely ridiculous though, as it was in Golovkin 1. Let's not forget Trout. A lot of the other fights were weight bullied mismatches.

7. StuartD89

StuartD89 New Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2015
    BJS to win the first 6-8 rounds and then slow down and Canelo to catch and stop him in 10-12.

Or if BJS can last the distance, possibly getting robbed on the cards.

He ain’t winning this.

8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Haha good lad.

9. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    BJS will need a 50ft ring to win this one. Canelo will chop away and catch up with him in the latter rounds then take him apart brutally.

Scissors, Suspect.chin and tdf1974 like this.
  10. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Had a dabble at 28/1 for BJS to get knocked down in first round.
    Canelo will probably feel him out for 4 or 5 rounds first but thought the odds were well worth a tenner

11. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    BJS looked a man afraid in the face to face...Worrying signs.

First Round KO likes this.
  12. FuryisGOAT

FuryisGOAT New Member Full Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Troll alert.

Safin and nilrem like this.
  13. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    You announcing yourself as a troll pal? Anybody with eyes could see BJS looked a fragile man in the face off.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  14. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’m going to put a lump on Canelo to stop him in rounds 1, 2 or 3.

15. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Do us a favour,

Pick apart the last 5 years of Saunders career.