Canelo v Saunders

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Hearn said he reckons this is next as Canelo wants to pick up all the belts.

Smith at least has some power - which was completely disrespected. I think Saunders gets walked through early and stopped.

N17, Twentyman and Heisenberg like this.
  2. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Saunders gets stopped. He wasted those few years where he was sharp and slick enough to maybe out maneuver Alvarez. Now he's just a fat **** living off the lemieux win.

kojak and N17 like this.
  3. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I hope Canelo doesn't give him the pay day if im honest. He's a total ***** and doesn't deserve it.

Contro and N17 like this.
  4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Saunders gets stopped by Canelo.

He is post prime and the years of eating crap and cutting corners starts to show when you hit 30.

He doesn’t even come across as motivated to be a fighter and fight the best. He has spent years fighting warm up type opponents and avoiding GGG and Canelo.

kojak and N17 like this.
  5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    BJS gets destroyed. Easy work for Canelo

Little brian and N17 like this.
  6. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Hopefully canelo beats him and he retires having cashed out can't stand him.

N17 likes this.
  7. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    I like bjs and i think he has unbelievable natural talent. But it takes more than talent at this level, its takes hard work and dedication and he hasnt lived that life.. I believed billy at his slick best had a very good chance, but that time has gone. Hes passed it now and would get stopped.

Waste of talent like so many fighters that dont get a shot until they are shot.

kojak, N17 and wassupjg like this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Canelo and Saunders are such a contrast in term of progression.

Canelo took all the tough fights he could, ok he ducked GGG for a bit. As a result of this and good training his skills have got better and better reaching his full potential.

Saunders takes the path of least resistance, numerous changes to his trainers and as a result hasn't progressed.

Saunders doesn't deserve a shot at Canelo and if he does he should give Frank a cut for blessing him with one of the worst title matchups this country has seen.

Momus and N17 like this.
  9. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Saunders does not want this fight he's been ducking any elite opponent his entire career

If he does take it, it's a cash out fight for him and you can guarantee he will just run all night

N17 likes this.
  10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I rated BJS very highly these past few years, but he let boxing fans down with his antics and inactivity. He’s past his best and doesn’t have that same sharpness at 168. He needed his footwork and movement to cause Canelo headaches but he doesn’t have that anymore. Canelo stops him in 4-6 rounds.

Inglis_1, kojak and N17 like this.
  11. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Canelo is ginger so i make saunders the favourite

N17 likes this.
  12. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Canelo beats him handily Saunders would have the ring cut off.
    BJS has wasted his career.

N17 likes this.
  13. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Feel like others here that BJS is past his best now. He might have one great last performance in him but that sharpness he had a few years ago slowly seems to have ebbed away.

As others have said, not lived the life and it would show against Canelo now imo. Shame as I thought he had a good chance of nicking a good close fight (with proper scoring).

Twentyman likes this.
  14. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Its not even a debate for me. Canelo would batter him

15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Get it made but Saunders has shown nothing at 168 to tell me he has any real chance. He’s looked **** since his failed drug test.