Canelo vs BJS very close to being made

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GK BOX, Feb 18, 2020.

1. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Why? He's a two weight champion. More qualified than Plant.

2. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Saunders is the kind of guy who fights down to his level of opponent.

Canelo will force him to show everything he has.

Going to be a really interesting fight.

3. Limerickbox

Jul 18, 2015
    Even though hes been incredibly inactive, his resume is actually quite impressive.

Wins over Lee, Eubank and Lemiuex.

He beat Ryder far more convincingly than Smith, took Spike O Sullivans 0, easily outboxed Monroe.

northpaw likes this.
  4. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Surely, as the Super Series winner, Smith is the leading contender at Super Middle.

5. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    A welfare therapist assigned by the government, which is why they only got worse ever since. You don't really need Abel to tell you anything, just watch the fight. He stood in his face, exchanged with him and got the better out of him in those exchanges too. Where was the "titansteel x" power they were talking about?. 48 full rounds with Alvarez and we haven't seen that power on display not even for a minute. Reality is, it was the first opponent with a chance he fought and immediately all the twitter hype was flushed down the toilet.

6. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Most had him winning the first fight you dumb truck

iii likes this.
  7. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Media is a powerful tool, but it can only fool the masses for so long. I even bought into the hype when Golovkin first came into the scene, but quickly realized he was not interested in fighting the best, and only wanted the money fights. Quickly after that he exposed himself as a hypocrite.

Scar likes this.
  8. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Who is his best win besides Lemmy?

9. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    Most who?, the biggest group of idiots that were all suckered in from social media?.

10. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    Then we are very much alike in this situation. I was a fan of his early on too but then I quickly realized that this farce is shamelessly exploding into arenas as a 1/30 favorite most times and up to 1/100(no joke) sometimes as well. Every fight I tuned in for, he was fighting an opponent with no defense tailor made to hit the deck as soon as possible. Additionally, I noticed that I was uncontrollably starting to befriend cabbies. That's when the alarm hit and I had to quickly make a U turn.

IsaL likes this.
  11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ryder? Eubank? Idk one of them. Either way, much more deserving than Plant, Smith or Benevidez.

12. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    BJS hasn't looked good in over a year. Looks like he's declining. I would have loved to see this fight like 2 years ago.

13. Shempz

Shempz Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2014
    If this fight does get made and take place in Vegas, then I think if BJS scores a shutout, he might (only might) get a split decision victory.

14. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    BJS out of the SMW is the most deserving of the Canelo shot and has the best resume and most awkward style match up for Canelo out of them.

Good to see that Plant has made offer to Smith. Although Jacobs would provide a tougher challenge to Smith than Plant or Benevidez, another unifying fight is more beneficial to C.Smith career.

Ideally it would be Canelo vs BJS and Smith vs Plant with the winners fighting each other next.

15. Limerickbox

Jul 18, 2015
    Andy Lee.
    Then Chris Eubank.

Ryder, Monroe and O' Sullivan are all decent level wins.