Canelo vs. Kovalev is NOT a done deal. Well, at least for Nov. 2

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by minemax, Sep 11, 2019.

1. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    According to Sergey Kovalev himself, he hears about this fight only from social media, his manager hasn't given him any specific information yet. Kovalev is skeptical that this fight is possible for November 2. He said even now there's not enough time left, but he will accept a possible offer from Canelo anyway, most probably, if it comes this week. If no, they will look for another opponent.
    This content is protected

BCS8, Heavy_Hitter, Deew and 3 others like this.
  2. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol Canelo always does this.It's the usual A side BS.

ForemanJab, BCS8, C.J. and 3 others like this.
  3. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I was pretty sure that this won't happen, at least not in November. A fight like this with a 2 months notice? Even if they have enough time to do camps and stuff, they can't hype the fight for that short amount of time.

4. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    This content is protected

roughdiamond likes this.
  5. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Then he ends up fighting who you have been saying he will never fight, beats them and leaves you in tears of "omg robbery" all year long.

ellerbe, mono, 22JM and 3 others like this.
  6. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Canelo the Ginger Dosser.

timeout, Bustajay, BCS8 and 2 others like this.
  7. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Let me fix that for you:
    You mean they beat him, but the Golden Boy corrupt judges gift him the win.

You have to be complete blind to believe Canelo has only 1 lose.
    Lara, Trout, GGG twice.
    Even if you favour him, he should have atleast 3 more loses in his record.
    And then you look at his resume and it wont be that special anymore.

ShovelHook, BCS8, iii and 1 other person like this.
  8. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    but all these defeats only became suddenly clear to you the minute the judges announced canelo had beat GGG, yuh?

bro....too transparent.

9. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    You have to be blind not to see how ridiculously biased your opinion looks.

10. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Maybe since Kovalev was not completely shot they changed their minds about fighting him. What else to expect from these dirty cheaters and cowards.

BCS8 and iii like this.
  11. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Erm no he fights the person we all know he's gonna fight which is Kovalev.Don't project your reactive fanboy way of thinking on me.My comment was about Canelos MO 're announcing fights.

12. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    This is why I get p****d when folk project that crap on me.I never thought there was any controversy with Lara and to suggest that Trout won is pure crazy.That is just straight up hate.That said on he other foot I see the same type of crazy from folk who can't accept that Canelo has been the beneficiary of usually one scorecard that are so ridiculous they've reached cult status(cue the Adelaide Byrd jokes).
    Personally I don't think Canelo has anything to do with this and I can imagine it bugging him as he doesn't need any of this s***t.

ElCyclon likes this.
  13. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    I could never see how folk thought Lara won,let alone Trout.Canelo finished strongly in both.
    Course the two Golovkin fights have been called controversial.I had Golovkin winning the first by a number of rounds and the second fight I had Golovkin by only one round which seemed to b the general consensus in the papers and media but Canelo was so great that night you would be a he an man to say he didn't deserve that win as he really took it to G.

14. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Canelo doesnt do a s**** to Golovkin. Not once he pressure him to the rope, something GGG have done in the first fight, when Canelo was on the backfoot and in the rope for the most of the time.
    Both fight was competive, but not close. Both fight was a disaster and shows what is so wrong in boxing.
    Its like saying the first fight between Lewis and Holyfield was a draw, just because judges score it that way.
    You have to be complete blind to said that.

As far as Lara and Trout goes, they both outland Canelo, and just because by your word "Canelo finish it strong" doesnt mean a s*****.
    Scoring is done through the whole 12 round, not the last 4 rounds.

And i dont see how you can give any of this fights to Canelo. I know both of you are biased Canelo fanboys, but i dont give a **** about that.
    I have always been unbiased scoring a fight, even if the fighter i root get the decision he did not deserve.

At the end of the day everyone have opinion, but when a win is clear i dont see how you can said it otherwise, its like saying its a day, when its a night.

The official scorecard in both fight Canelo vs Trout and Canelo vs Lara was a complete joke.

In this 4 controversy decision all goes to Canelo favour, he should have atleast 3 loses.

ShovelHook, BCS8, iii and 2 others like this.
  15. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    so u arent crying robbery for a year? yes or no?