Canelo will take away GGGs jab.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IKSAB, Sep 8, 2017.

1. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Seen a lot of talk of how GGG will control Canelo with the jab like he did Lemieux, he can't. Lemieux was tailor made for it, plodding forward with zero defense or head movement, and no ability to counter. Canelo couldn't be more different, an elite counterpuncher with razor sharp reflexes and head/upper body movement. He'll also be sitting back, not walking onto the jab like DL.

Canelo was countering Chavez Jrs jab beautifully, and Chavez's jab is no slower or more telegraphed than Golovkins.

This content is protected

Golovkin will start to abandon the jab after it's consistently slipped and countered, and without it the fight swings massively in Canelos favor. A reckless GGG like the one we saw against Brook plays right into Canelos hands.

22JM likes this.
  2. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    lol... no he won't pointless topic :D

Jackomano likes this.
  3. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Golovkin would knock out Sergei Kovalev and prime Joe Louis in the same night, 5 rounds combined, tops!

Golovkin is so much better than Hagler. Clearly best MW ever.

Golovkin is the best boxer of the last 30 years.

^^^ when half of posters on this site made claims like this, I don't think they will believe Canelo is going to take away Goatlovkins' jab.

4. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Camelot will be a target/catcher for Ggg. He is not fast by no means.

5. slash

slash Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    chavez has a jab like golovkin?

Ph33rknot, KO KIDD and bubbrubb like this.
  6. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    you are lame and sad human being

7. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Im convinced for the 1st few rounds it will be pretty even, GGG will lead and have some success, Canelo will counter and have better success and will be winning the rounds. But GGG,s landed punches will be having alot more inpact on Canelo than visa versa and it will be Canelo who abandons the aggressive countering even though it is proving successful cuz GGG,s limited successes will be causing him hurtful damage. And as soon as that change happens Golovkin will be in for the kill.

Staminakills, S.K, BCS8 and 1 other person like this.
  8. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Let me guess GGG fan?

9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Golovkin out jabbed Jacobs, Jacobs had the reach, was 6 feet 1 inches tall, was a cruiserweight, cheated on the weight, did not have to take a drug test while Golovkin did, yet it was Golovkin who out jabbed Jacobs, out boxed him, landed more punches, knocked Jacobs down, staggered Jacobs with a power left jab, slipped most of Jacob's punches, when Jacobs did land a punch Golovkin did not even blink his eyes.......................Jacobs had the reach advantage also, Alvarez will not out jab Golovkin....................

lencoreastside and Staminakills like this.
  10. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    That's like saying Crawford will take Mayweather's jab away, because he successfully neutralized John Molina's.:lol:

11. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    He won't take it away but he will definitely counter it

12. RacingBeat

RacingBeat Casual lives matter Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Red is going to do the bobble head

13. Charles van Doren

Charles van Doren Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Will he steal the jab? is that allowed in the US ?

heerko koois likes this.
  14. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I see head movement with not much countering in this fight from Canelo, or not as much countering as usual. I also see GGG missing with the jab more than normal. Imo its GGG's fight if he sticks to a jab and drops a right hand when hes definitely got the target, no sloppiness or hes getting countered no doubt. I wouldn't even go to the body so much because of Canelo's fast counter combo's and GGG looking slower of late. If GGG is strict about it I have no doubt he wins a decision.

15. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    with his face maybe

rodney and Gil Gonzalez like this.