Canelo's demands for Caleb Plant fight explained...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by UniversalPart, Jul 28, 2021.

1. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    People like you call all the people that see though Canelo's hypocracy& call him what he is A Manufactured Champion!! A Ped's cheater & a FRAUD To boot, HATERS!!!!! LOL
    No we are the REAL boxing fans We support Fighters not Divas

iii likes this.
  2. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Bold of you to assume

A) The fight would still generate enough interest to justify a 10 million dollar purse for Plant on a non-Mexican Independence Day weekend.

B) Canelo would be good to go with whatever pulled from the fight by early 2022 at the latest

C) Caleb should scoff at even a high six-figure payday (that's not "peanuts" to normal people, sorry to burst your bubble.)

And if he doesn't get the bag, maybe he wants to secure more "peanuts" for the winter. You only have so long to earn as a professional athlete, and every penny helps. Or maybe he doesn't, but that should be his choice, not dictated to him by contractual fiat.

I also smell Uncle Al, who for better or worse looks out for his fighters against 'outsiders' (however much he's gnashing his teeth internally that it's Plant and not Benavidez in this position). Also, again, bold of you to assume it will only be a few months.

Also, we apparently have it wrong. Caleb called the demand ridiculous but said he agreed to it anyway. Which means he wasn't the one who pulled out of this fight.

3. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    If you want to discuss something with me you need to be real, use logic and common sense.

There is NO fighter that Plant can fight that would even pay him 3 million dollars. No replacement will generate enough interest to pay Plant a 10 million dollar payday. Plant can't even fight on PPV. For contrast, Floyd Canelo did 2 million buys, Canelo took about 5 million. Cotto Canelo did about a million buys Canelo took 7 million.

No one will pay plant 10 mil for anyone other than Canelo.

KO KIDD likes this.
  4. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Old news.....already knew the deal shen he tested positive for ggg

UniversalPart likes this.
  5. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Talking about common sense and logic. Pacquiao's coach and father figure exposes Pacquiao by admitting that Ariza was feeding him "magic milkshakes", but you're in complete denial.

6. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Every time we've done this IsaL, I've used nothing but logic and common sense, which like a fanatic you ignored, insisting the earth was flat. Case in point.

No one said there was. In fact, I said Caleb might not even get paid 10 million against Canelo on any other weekend of the year, save maybe Cinco de Mayo. Note how you ignored this, and instead went into some 10 million dollar tirade, arguing against a point I didn't make? This is you not using facts and logic, but stubbornly sticking to a strawman no one is arguing.

None of this addresses any point I brought up, including Canelo potentially being out for longer than 'a few months', that Caleb may want another fight to secure another payday for security reasons - HOWEVER MUCH SMALLER IT IS THEN THE 10 MILLION DOLLARS HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN FOR THIS FIGHT (was the all-caps obnoxious enough to drive the point home that it doesn't matter how much smaller it is? Whether 3 million or 1 million or 750K or even less than that?) - or that Plant's purse by necessity would most likely have to be reduced for the scheduled rematch with Canelo anyway.

The biggest thing you ignored, however, was how all this bickering over this particular contractual point does not matter because Caleb Plant (our source for all this) didn't say this was why he pulled out of the fight; he said it was ridiculous...but agreed to it anyway. Meaning he didn't pull out of the fight.

So unless your presumption is "Caleb Plant's a liar" (could be; he's done worse things) we can only conclude that Canelo Alvarez did. And if Canelo did...why? That is a legitimate question to ask, and it could very well have a legitimate answer that doesn't involve diva or peds or anything else (maybe Uncle Al tried to weasel something into the contract for example). But framing this as "Oh Caleb Plant is shooting himself in the foot what is he doing" is just bad-faith arguing.

iii and Grinder like this.
  7. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    They fired Alex Ariza. Alex Ariza joined the opponent's camp. Alex Ariza kicked Freddie Roach in the chest. Freddie Roach decided to get revenge through the media by talking smack.

Here's what he said:

"I know he has a new strength coach [Alex Ariza] and I don't get along with the guy, and one of the reasons why he doesn't work for me anymore is because I think he's a little shady, you know. He used to give Manny [Pacquiao] a drink every day before we worked out and I asked him, 'What's in that drink,' and he would never tell me. And I said, 'I need to know what's in that drink because, you know, you're giving it to my fighter and if something goes wrong, I'm gonna get the blame.' In my opinion, he's a little shady."

Literally NOWHERE does Roach imply, suggest, or state that Alex Ariza gave Pacquiao PEDs.

Roach did, however, say that he didn't know what was in the shakes. He also did say Ariza is shady... in his opinion.

Again, Roach never implied, suggested, or stated that Alex Ariza gave Pacquiao PEDs.

That's why Ariza lost the lawsuit against Roach. Roach never made the statement that you claimed. You're either a liar or have zero logic.

Common sense and logic, you were saying?

ShovelHook and UniversalPart like this.
  8. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I don't agree with you often but here you are right.

KO KIDD likes this.
  9. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Isal's not dumb. He's just got an agenda, which is blowing Clenelo and shitting on Pacquiao/Golovkin.

He loves talking about common sense, facts, yadda, yadda, yadda, yet he never employs common sense and just ignores facts.

Example.

Isal insisted and continues to insist that Pac demanded a catchweight for the third JMM match even though I've provided a direct quote several times from JMM saying that if he and Pac were to fight a third fight, it would have to be a catchweight.

"First Pacquiao would have to accept, but I would fight him at a catch-weight of 143 or 144 pounds.”

:lol:

hoopsman and kriszhao like this.
  10. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    pac cathweight never entailed any rehydration clause as far as i know.

11. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    That's the excuse for the fight being called off? Canelo might get hurt training and Plant doesn't want to wait if he does?

Seriously?

Plant won't sign for the biggest fight of his life because his opponent might get hurt in training camp?

Maybe if they said it out loud, they're realize how stupid this sounds.

Have people lost their minds? What nonsense is that?

When was the last time Canelo was injured in training and a fight had to be postponed because he couldn't finish training camp?

For the life of me, I can't recall a single time a training camp injury stopped Canelo from fighting in his 16-year career.

12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Dayuum! Sweet Hands just done gone put Clenelo on blast and exposed him for all to see. Sweet Hands literally bent over backwards to make the fight happen and agreed to each and every one of Clenelo's multitude of diva ways and demands and the deck still wasn't stacked enough for that ginger demon seed for him to sign on the dotted line.

The best fighters and true warriors don't need every advantage that can be wangled in their favour wangled in their favour and a deck so heavily stacked in their favour that they're essentially rolling with loaded dice before they'll even contemplate putting pen to paper.

Real OGs like Usyk are the complete antithesis of deck-stacking loaded dice rolling divas like Clenelo. Zero advantages. Zero deck-stacking. Zero judges in his pockets. Zero cheating. It really is as a simple and straight forward as I'll fight anyone, anytime, anywhere and he means it 100% and he genuinely relishes fighting on a deck that's stacked heavily against him again and again and again and that kind of bravery and fearless attitude should command the respect of every single fan of the sport on the planet. If you need all the advantages and a deck that's stacked that heavily you ain't got no right calling yourself the best.

JOKER, iii, Grinder and 7 others like this.
  13. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    The fight isn't going ahead because Caleb Plant doesn't want to wait if Canelo gets hurt in training.

When has Canelo been hurt in training and it caused a fight to be delayed?

I have never heard of something so dumb in my life as that. Who turns down a $10 million payday over something as nonsensical as that?

maac and Eel87 like this.
  14. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    whered you come up with plant wouldnt sign? canelo stalling for someone ok with signing 4 weeks out so he can test clean.

Serge likes this.
  15. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Plant said he won't agree to postponing if Canelo gets hurt. That's why the fight isn't happening. If Canelo gets hurt in camp, Plant still wants to fight someone and get $10 million that night.

How about just sign for the fight and expect Canelo won't get hurt in camp - just like he hasn't gotten hurt in camp in 16 years and nearly 60 pro fights.

I have never heard of something so dumb in my life.

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Seriously.

Get your ass in the ring with Canelo Alvarez. Fight your best. Try to win. Make $10 million.

See how that works, Caleb?

Christ Almighty. SOMEBODY FIGHT!!!! This is the biggest candy ass generation of fighters I've seen in 40+ years of being a fan.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    shadow111, Reinhardt, IsaL and 2 others like this.