Carl Frampton and Jamie Moore

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Lil Niall, Sep 5, 2017.

1. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    he really should join Adam Booth - best option out there by a mile!!!

2. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I'd like to see Frampton quigg fight again. Thought quigg had the wrong game plan plus the broken jaw wouldn't of helped matters in the first fight. Cracking fight once Scott woke up imo

3. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Best option for most UK fighters . Booth is a strange one, but when hes got full control and the fighter listens, the results speak for themselves. Very good trainer imo, and on it with his methods ! Him and Rob McCracken are the best the UK has to offer, and there are a good few who I rate highly

4. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    He isn't someone I would have thought of...unless it's just to keep himself occupied in the meantime.

5. Blah

Mar 27, 2016
    I can see Quigg 2 at Windsor Park being his final one.

6. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Isnt Jamie picking Canelo to beat GGG?

We'll see how good a pick that one is soon..... :)

S.K likes this.
  7. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Time will tell..

Some are obviously backing Canelo but I think we are about to see a career best performance from GGG here and a highlight reel KO

S.K likes this.
  8. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I would agree. Jamie seems a real nice guy and was a boxer's boxer. However I do question his theories and knowledge in the sport. Frampton has better options, plus I would be surprised anyway if he went with Moore.

9. Blah

Mar 27, 2016
    CF has confirmed it on Twitter

This content is protected

10. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    really not sure about this move - just don't see what Moore brings to the table as a trainer for an elite fighter

Also style wise because Frampton can box off the back foot

11. Lil Niall

Lil Niall Active Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2011
    As said above not sure Moore will have the respect of Frampton or indeed has the experience. Would expect a link up with Hearn to be confirmed too. Carl obviously didn't want to relocate stateside.

12. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I think Moore alongside Malignaggi is the best pundit sky have. It's a shame that on the big fights the likes of him and Paul Smith (I know everyone hates him but I think he gives good technical analysis imo) get substituted with a clueless Froch who admits he's not a fan of the sport.

I was shocked at this appointment because for a little time it looked like Coyle would **** him off after the Nurse loss.

Isn't Rocky Fielding training with Moore now too? Jamie building a good stable now.

13. The Devil

The Devil Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2014
    On the face of it, it seems a bit of a strange one. I like Jamie Moore as a pundit, but as a trainer he has done absolutely nothing to suggest he can take Frampton forward. It seems to be very in vogue to change trainer after a loss. "I've got the best trainer in the world" "He's a perfect match for me" "We have a connection" then lose, change trainer. "New trainer is greater" "He's teaching me new things everyday" "I feel hungry again" etc. Then they lose again and change trainers... again. Hope it works out well for Frampton in any case.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  14. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I dont think hes changing trainers because he lost. It seems hes fallen out with the mcguigans over money.